Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I can't speak for the future me, but the past and present me really appreciate this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i'm choosing pink because it is the same color as my 3ds

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

glad to see they put so much effort into customization -- oh wait just how many hair style choices do we get again?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't think squids have hair.

squids also don't have arms or legs or hands or guns or bandanas

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

woooosh

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

There's nothing not fun about this game. I need it.

I hope the full game has cowboy hats.

i hope the game has holiday inspired attire

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Damone posted:

79.3 to 13. The bad guys literally had their spawn and nothing else.

Now that’s what i call, as the halo announcer puts it, OVERKILL

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

in game billoards will have miiverse posts

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i can't wait for the nintendo water park

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Splatoon post.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i'll take all 3.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

All u need to know about splattoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAbVQqnVKXE

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I had a dream last night that I got splatoon and it turned out to be a racing game It wasn't what I was expecting but still kick rear end so I went into the next room to invite someone to play it and a friend was just sitting staring at a computer with a paper taped to the screen I asked them wtf they were doing and they just turn to me and go "silent hills is a really good gam" kinda like "there is no war in ba sing se" so I just closed the door and fell into a black hole

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Guy unbloxes inkling boy amiibo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuLfsSPfVXs

from what I am getting at from the video is that the amiibo is really well made, and the quality and feel of the boy amiibo seems to be top notch. When the amiibos were first announced I thought they were goign to be or shall I say, feel "rushed". I know this is Nintendo diving into a new IP but I thought they would play it safe and simply not announce amiibos for this game (maybe cards instead) so I was pleasantly surprised when they announced not one but three separate amiibos for this game. It makes me even happier to find out they are of great quality as well. Happy for the inkling boy amiibo, hopefully just as happy for the inkling girl and inkling squid coming out as well. I have them preordered no doubt about that and I am just super excited now (Very happy to see no plastic pillars on those amiibos as well).

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Rexroom posted:

Well that changes everything. Not. :colbert:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Ah, I kinda want it, but I got the Zelda Wii U and some of the Zelda graphics would show in the empty bits and look bad.

owned.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

so I got Splatoon. I bought it. Full game and all, but I am wondering why I simply cannot play via single player right now. I missed out on the test chambers because I was pre-occupied but as it stands right now on my Wii U I have the full fledged game sitting in my hard drive. It would be nice if maybe I can walk around the tutorial and get a real "feel" of the game coming out in less than 48 hours. Kinda funny too, with the whole test chamber download I am able to at least get a title screen, but when I click on the actual game I get nothing, an d then an error message telling me the game is not out yet. I get that Splatoon is not out yet for the public, but I also know that Splatoon is not for its Single Player Experience. Though I will try it out of course, I simply want to get a feel of the game, that is why I think Single Player options for those who have bought the game can experience a limited space of testing while waiting for the launched in 48 hours. I don't even know how good I am going to be with this game. I have seen some hardlined poo poo and I am nervous as hell. I missed out on all the testing opportunities and I'd hate to be the one going into a MULTI-player game in a disadvantage. Still, in the end I bought the game -- at full price -- still waiting what is in store. I have never been more nervous of a video game launch.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

OP neither has to be squid or kid.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Thanks

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Playing this game in a room full of Goons is going to be hilarious.

that gross squid smell.
it anint the squids htough....

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the person above me is a kid and the person below me is a squid

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Both

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bread Set Jettison posted:

NNID: JetSetJettison add me but only if you are team dog

oh well

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I will lead my squids to victory.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Caerulius posted:

You need some sort of a hosquidtal.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yikes

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Shoehead posted:

Can this game come out already so that we can shoot each other instead of having these shitshow arguments

you don't shoot each other. ur objective is to cover areas with your ink.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

so in the city today at nintendo world there was a line going down the entire block full of people waiting in line for amiibos and splatoon it was so cute all the cosplayers dressed as squids nd kids i bet it'd be so fun to like bring a pullout chair and yur 3ds and meet people on line! wish i lived in the city so i could do these kinds of things but it was still nice to even get to see. i bought so much poo poo at nintendo world Lmao like 3 shirts, 3 peach plushies and a wheel for mario kart. and i also picked up another one of my fav volumes of hxh the one with the christian inspired artwork on the cover…with the royal guards. i love that one. anyways i had a great day today

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sade posted:

I'm officially pissed off at you motherfucking digital game buyers for getting to play before me. I apparently have the only halfway decent gamestop (well stocked, friendly + knowledgeable staff) in the universe, so I preordered through them, and also I need the game case to put on my games shelf. They're not doing a midnight release though so I have to wait til tomorrow morning to start inking.

Poor life choices

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

56 minute

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Reiley posted:

Hi what level does the gun with this silhouette unlock at:

Thanks in advance

looks like level 9 to me

also level 17

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i tried to use my link amiibo to see what happens and it told me to gently caress off.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

You are not getting those amiibos. They no longer exist.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Good lord are people terrible at this game, everytime I've come across someone with a Paint Roller they have been helpless against me, maybe I've played too much Gears of War in the past, another 3rd person shooter, but I'm not finding the opposition very hard, most of my losses have come from my teammates being inept or wasting time trying to fight the other team rather than inking everything.

I've only just hit level 4 and regularly been matched with lv 10 and above japanese players, which only makes the above statement funnier.

Oh yeah, you'really cool.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Splat the earth :black101:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Also I didn't expect Nintenbdo to be so clever with the mii verse posts. Them showing up on stages as graffiti is one of my favorite things about this game. Keep getting shot while I look at stupid squid puns.
I think it's one of the best features in the game.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

that's a lot of splats

• Locked thread