Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Oh, alright. It's not only my connection that isn't working. Was going to be disappointed missing out on a splatfest, but if it's something else (servers?) then hopefully Nintendo can take care of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Alec Eiffel posted:

It seems like there is no rhyme or reason to the order in which your name is displayed at the end of a match.

Are you talking about the scoreboard as well? I can't speak for ranked, but, in turf war, it's dependent on how much total paint you laid out compared with the rest of your team.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I am thinking of joining as well, but I never used discord. How does that work? Should I just google it?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I really love the NZap, but I am not all too sure on point sensor/kraken. PS doesn't seem like it'd be all too effective on short range weaponry. As for Kraken, I have nothing against it; I just haven't made it all too useful the times that I've had it. Might have to stick with the '89 when I use that type of gun.

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 3, 2016

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Does Last Ditch Effort do anything if you do not have any Ink Saver or Ink Recovery abilities? I assume it does provide it's own standard boost towards those, but I have also interpretted it in a way where it just helps the efficiency of those abilities if such are equipped.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Initial impressions of the NZap '83. It's a lot more fun than I originally thought. Point Sensor makes me way more confident to attack if I tag an opponent while the Kraken is a special that I wanted and am finally getting more experience with.

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 8, 2016

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

MustelaFuro posted:

I wanted seekers and bombrush on a rapid, short range shooter so badly. What unreleased weapons are there for me to be hopeful for this combo?

Splattershot Jr. comes to mind.

Edit: Also, I think Splash-o-Matic is in need of an upgrade from Sheldon.

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 9, 2016

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Looking into managing my abilities better and was wondering if I may get some advice.

How effective is Damage Up? I am beginning to realize that it may only be useful for certain weapons. NZap, not being one of them unless I get quite a bit.

I have a friend who talked up Bomb Range Up, but I can't really see how effective it can be. Granted, I haven't used sub-weapons all too often aside from the recent habit of throwing Point Sensors since they don't drain much ink.

Would the Special Duration Up ability be worth it for the Kraken? Looking over at splatwiki, it hardly does seem like it would be.

Are there any standout unique abilities? While I am a growing fan of Bomb Sniffer and Last-Ditch Effort, it seems like Ink Resistance takes that throne.

Also, just out of curiosity, what are abilities that other people like to make use of?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

kidfresca posted:

Bevy of helpful info

Thank you very much. This was incredibly helpful. Now it's time to raise up money and prep for the next Splatfest for snails to see how my luck rolls with abilities.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

The resemblence is uncanny. :allears:

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Man, I have no idea. I use to love being a night owl, but, because of work, I have become more of a early bird and it's been pretty great as well.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Team Early Bird was the right choice! All I am facing are Night Owls. Even if we lose, I am very glad that I have yet to face any brethren in battle.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Wait, inkbrushes were that good before? That seems over the top.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Pfft, I can't read. Clearly says on the video. Thanks for the responses, though. :)

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I don't know about overabundant disconnects. I only experienced one this whole splatfest. Could it be your connection? Also, you got +7 for winning? All I recieved was +6. Do the points earned depend on anything?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

I picked up the N-ZAP '83 this Splatfest and holy moly it's perfect. I've never really messed with point sensors before but I felt like they enabled me to get away with some incredibly easy splats.

Right!? '83 is amazing, you may lose the advantage of bombs, but, since sensors take up the least amount of ink of the sub weapons, you can tag and go on the offense without much worry of running out of ink.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Do you think they'll update some way to get snails? I hope so as I really wouldn't want to go through the hassle of rerolling with 30k coins for the unlikely chance of getting the abilities I want.

Edit: Piranha Pit, not sure what else, but PP is great.

Double Edit: Thinking about it, I more hope that, after the splatfest, they make 3 stages a standard for rotation.

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 30, 2016

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

alf_pogs posted:

is the last splatfest a global one again? when is it? keen to let the good times splat one last time

Well, not exactly. Europe and North America are playing together, but Japan is by itself.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

This is a good opportunity to ask, what are everyone's favorite and most hated stages?

Favorite would have to be Piranha Pit while my most hated is either Moray Towers or Urchin Underpass

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Alxprit posted:

They're just putting on a show for us on TV. Of course nobody would really be like that to someone they work with daily. In reality they love each other like nobody's business.

(Team Marie)

I believe the inverse to be true. It's because that they work together so often that it's easier to pick on the other. I may also have a skewed perception because that's how it goes where I work.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Huh, I haven't had problems like what people have described. OK, there are some problems relating to connection to servers, but not in the form of lag. Hell, I haven't even met any potential hackers during all my time playing.

I guess what I'm saying is that you guys just have the lousiest of luck. :v:

PS I'm smashing deluded followers of Marie left and right currently. I am Callie!

Pretty much same here. Connection has been relatively solid theoughout. Only difference, I am wrecking up a storm for Marie.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I would imagine that would make rapid fire weapons like the aerospray a pain to use and make rollers much stronger.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Edit: Well nevermind about that, they removed the video for some reason.

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 27, 2016

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Yay! It got reuploaded! :unsmith:

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Version 2.12.0
Multiplayer Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue which mistakenly allowed Sprinklers to be placed inside the Tower in Tower Control.

Stage Adjustments

Kelp Dome: Fixed an issue in all game modes that allowed players to move inside the raised starting platforms

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14842/~/how-to-update-splatoon

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So what's a good solution for Inkstrikes if there's no second screen option for Spla2n?

A transparent overlay of the map appears on screen, the inkstrike position starts where you are, and you manuever it's position with the right thumb stick. Launch with whatever button. It's not at all as good at the touch pad, but it works with other games so it seems like a go to for this.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

They are Callie and Marie. I believe Callie almost gives it away at one point during the campaign.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Trying to figure out how I feel about no returning specials.

Is that what is happening? I thought the new specials would be added to most, if not all, the specials in Splatoon.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

That's disappointing to read. Going to miss the Kraken. Hopefully the replacements have a similar thing.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Takoluka posted:

So far, we have, at least, aerial assaults, homing missiles, and the Iron Man slam-into-the-ground. I don't think we'll be disappointed with what comes out.
Very nice. I assume that there are videos from the treehouse showing some of these. Will watch them or whatever to get a better idea of what is to come.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

No and no. You only have the tutorial for spraying ink, and they haven't said. The demo does look like it should transfer save data since it seems like the game with many options locked away.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

But ice cream is objectively better. When ice cream is introduced to cake, it makes it better with ice cream cake. When cake is introduced to ice cream, it makes it inedible with cake ice cream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Fair enough. I was trying to present extremes, but I should not have mixed them. Still, I have to choose ice cream as it is a frozen treat of pure enjoyment on a blazing hot day.

• Locked thread