Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
This is awesome.

Tried it without the motion controls but I feel like I prefer it with them on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just hope we don't get a Titanfall situation where everyone loves the gameplay but gets sick of it because there isn't a whole lot of it.

Otherwise, that was drat good.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bean posted:

Did everyone's connection go well? I had a little trouble connecting to matches but other than that I was okay. I'd love to know the server results performance.

I need to figure out how to turn off gyro controls. I hated them in Captain Toad and I hate them here.

Roller OP Weapon Of The Year 2015.

In the weapon select, press the + button to go to controller options.

I really don't understand how the roller is OP. Just squid away and flank. If you are not in your ink, then you hosed up somewhere else. Or if you were flanked, you were hosed regardless.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So only 5 multiplayer maps at launch?

I understand that there will be post launch maps, and I am sold on the game anyway, but I suspect it will take a beating in the reviews for this. Unless the single player is substantial.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Sorry, I hope I am not being too down on this game. I just want it to do well :ohdear:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Managed to play a couple of matches before the servers exploded.

Edit: well, better now than during launch, right?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Regy Rusty posted:

Weird how the servers handled the previous testfires so well and yet now they've totally died.

I am guessing either word of mouth means more people are interested, or an intern spilled coffee on the server.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
How is the download speed on the eShop, currently? I have a preorder at gamestop but I am tempted to get it online and cancel the physical copy.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Augh, I just remembered I wanted to avoid using my credit card for a while, and I don't want to run out and get points.

Ah well, I will just have to get the disk.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am curious, I thought I heard that there were supposed to be free maps shortly after launch? I mean I am getting it and all but only 5 maps at first is a legit gripe I got.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

BattleMaster posted:

Yes and probably.

The only thing that could bring the game down for me is that if Nintendo doesn't add content. I could take or leave new weapons since the ones the game has already provides tons of variety, but the 5 maps while very good will get old with heavy playing.

They did say that they were going to support it updates and DLC, but other than the one in August that is supposed to add custom teams amongst other stuff, it's hard to say when and how often.

Also I was lucky enough to get the Amiibo 3 pack. No kids. I am a part of the problem.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Reiley posted:

I'm excited for the objective-based game modes they highlighted earlier because I can feel myself having my fill of shooting the floor.

I think there is an alternate mode (A control point type of thing I think?) that is to be unlocked when a certain number of players reach level 10 (Which they estimate is in a few days, so definitely soon).

I really like the base game here, but I really hope they don't gently caress up the drip feed of content. This has the potential to be a hilarious disaster. I saw it happen with Destiny. I don't want the same thing happen here.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there any reason to use a roller other than the Krak-On roller? Because it is an extremely good load out.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Countblanc posted:

You can adjust the sensitivity

You can also reset the posistion anytime using the Y button which I feel helps.

drat shoe store refreshed with a bunch of things I already got. Wish the stores updated more than once a day.

Does anyone else know that you can switch stores while in Booyah Base with L and R? The animations for that are hilarious.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lemming posted:

I would say the secret is to spawn camp newbies, but the level 20 guy went 0-9. So I guess spawn camping in general works. Skate Park is so hard to get out of once you get contained.

I thought that if you stay in the spawn point you are invulnerable?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just tried the Aerospray MG and it is almost too good.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

homeless snail posted:

The aerospray is the new roller, people just think its OP cause they're only just now getting exposed to it and don't know how to deal with it yet. In a straight fight they get shut down hard by longer ranged and more accurate weapons like the splattershot pro or .52 gal.

Hm, that may be true. I guess we will just need to wait and see.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

cathead posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/605377409232179200/photo/1

Ranked says it uses Splat Zones. That's the new KotH game mode right?

I hope that image doesn't mean that only one map is available in Ranked at a time...

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Splatzone is more a slugfest if nothing else. I am withholding judgment, but it is a change of pace at least.

Getting some nasty lag right now. In my last couple games. Never had any problems till now so I am not thinking too much of it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I ran into a guy named The Bard in my inkopolis. Dude sure likes his squid girls :stare:

Is there a way to report someone from the lobby?

Isn't he the guy who did Miiverse After Dark?

Mildly :nsfw: http://kotaku.com/the-dark-side-of-nintendo-s-miiverse-1708272845

I just tried on Ink Resistance shoes after seeing it mentioned here and...I don't know what to think. The whole ink movement mechanic is brilliant and I kind of feel that it stupidly breaks it over its knee.

But then I am a filthy causal scrub lord, so this may be a kneejerk reaction v:v:v

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 6, 2015

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like Splat Zone and Turf War both, though the former had to grow on me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Don't know if this has been posted, but there is an Honest Game Trailer for Splatoon out now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8gZmJLuVAI

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I want to play the new map but it keeps matching me into Urchin Underpass 3 times in a row.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am an idiot because I just now I realized the pun in Judd's name. :suicide:

Judd-ge

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
One would have thought that there would be a splatoon version of this by now.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Wamdoodle posted:

*every forum ever

Certainly describes this thread when a Splatfest topic is announced.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Man, I missed the Splatfest.

Anyway, the Splatling Gun is fun. Not so much when the team collectively decides to make me in charge of inking the base.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am disappointed in the Rainmaker mode.

Winning by knockout should have, literally, made it rain. :argh:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Suspicious Dish posted:

you know that "don't retreat" warning that pops up

is there a penalty for retreating or is it just general game advice

I believe that when you go 60 sec straight with the Rainmaker, you explode. It is to encourage being aggressive with it and charging for the goal.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just had the weirdest match of Tower Control.

For the first 4 minutes, the rest of my team was infuriatingly passive; They only did the bear minimum of keeping the tower away while never seizing control. It was like they collectively did not understand the rules. The other team managed to get it within a close distance and I considered the match lost.

Then the one minute warning message popped up.

Like a switch was flipped, they rushed the tower, laid beacons on it, and rode it to a knockout.

I have no clue what just happened.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

comingafteryouall posted:

Do any Americans play this game anymore? I swear I only play with Japanese people no matter what time of day I play. If I'm really lucky I get like 5/8 non-japanese players in a game. What are the sales numbers between the regions? Why the gently caress are the japanese people playing during their work days?

Time zones are a thing you know.

For serious, nightly on PST is almost all Japanese players, but day time during the weekend I consistently see American players

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 21, 2015

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

inferis posted:

But seriously though is making the in-fiction oppressed species a POC a good idea or a bad idea?

Not sure, but if the single player mode has her do a heel turn, it would be...unfortunate.

That is what I am hoping for.
VVVV

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Comparing 1 to 2 shows quite a leap...

https://twitter.com/Dystify/status/883001854006890496

• Locked thread