Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yeah, you're not getting any more of our actually decent players, Kings. gently caress off and trade with somebody else.

What's that, Ryan Johansen for Matt Greene and a 2nd? You drive a hard bargain, Jarmo but you've got a deal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr. Kite posted:

So can I call the Kings back-to-back champs? 2013 doesn't count since it was shortened, I think.

Playoffs weren't any shorter.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Jon Quick reminds me of a keebler elf..

warning
Feb 4, 2004

ZZ Pops is all about hugs and high fives.
Great series. Not as good as WCF but that OT was quality hockey.

Hank deserves better. Listening to NY media try to say he need to play better for the Rangers to have a chance is mind blowing.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Have they drawn up the paperwork to buy out Richards yet

I'd really like it signed and submitted by the morning

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

warning posted:

Hank deserves better. Listening to NY media ....

Let me just stop you right there.

Cascul
Jan 27, 2013

Surfing Turtle posted:

Absolutely. If you were going to tell me that the Rangers would be playing the Kings in the Finals I would never believe that. I watched them live get destroyed in Las Vegas then that awful start. It's heartbreaking to lose in the final but I'm proud of them for even getting this far.

You could say the same thing about the Kings in October.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

OldSenileGuy posted:

Have they drawn up the paperwork to buy out Richards yet

I'd really like it signed and submitted by the morning

poo poo has to have been sitting in the fax ready to submit for months, now.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Cascul posted:

You could say the same thing about the Kings in October.

Well yeah, I'd never believe you if you said the Kings were going to play the Kings in the finals.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
2 wins in as many years! Amazing.

I might get an avatar out of this too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Overwined posted:

You're right. Columbus, give us Dubi back!!!

I'm sorry, but that's not how it works. The stopover-to-Cup exchange program only applies to Westbound players, apparently.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
please buyout richards, trade marc staal so that you can re-sign stralman, give moore a chance at being a top 4 with strals (he can cover him no prob), bring up uhh connor allen or something. re-sign pouliot if he'll come cheap, d. moore too, try to find a center, do some crazy deal for joe thornton maybe because gently caress it, that'd be really cool

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Don't acquire an overrated veteran for big money/years who is past his prime, Rangers

aw, who am I kidding

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

please buyout richards, trade marc staal so that you can re-sign stralman, give moore a chance at being a top 4 with strals (he can cover him no prob), bring up uhh connor allen or something. re-sign pouliot if he'll come cheap, d. moore too, try to find a center, do some crazy deal for joe thornton maybe because gently caress it, that'd be really cool

McIlrath :laugh:

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Think about this:

2012: Kings storm through playoffs and win 6-1 in final game.
2014: Kings play three 7-game series, coming from behind often, and win final game in double OT.

Basically, Kings fans got the best a both worlds. I love it. :)

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:lol: Toffoli, great interview

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Surfing Turtle posted:

Absolutely. If you were going to tell me that the Rangers would be playing the Kings in the Finals I would never believe that. I watched them live get destroyed in Las Vegas then that awful start. It's heartbreaking to lose in the final but I'm proud of them for even getting this far.

Just remember, it could always be worse, you could be Leafs fans.

I think Toronto is already mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs next year.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
You Rangers fans have an awesome team. They gave it their all even though they were 3 games down and showed a lot of heart. I wouldn't be surprised to see them back next year, against us of course :)

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

Mr. Kite posted:

Think about this:

2014: Kings play three 7-game series, coming from behind often, and win final game in double OT.

either way my life expectancy dropped by 5 years in both cup runs. definitely worth it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

VJeff posted:

What's that, Ryan Johansen for Matt Greene and a 2nd? You drive a hard bargain, Jarmo but you've got a deal!

Look at this guy reaching for the stars. Clearly RyJo is worth Dwight King or Jeff Schultz, some plug, and a 7th.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Mr. Kite posted:

Think about this:

And they somehow beat both of my most hated teams. Whenever I want to play a quick game in the NHL games, I always pick either NJ or NY even before we ever faced them.

(A girl I liked since high school moved out there and I wanted a rival team).

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

When is the CBC SCP Outro or did I miss it all ready?

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

darkwolf220 posted:

We're not proud of that.
Why do you hate America?

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Ted Nolan just touched the Cup when posing for a photo with his son

Sorry Sabres fans, you'll never win with him

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Robnoxious posted:

Hasn't happened yet, don't worry.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Robnoxious posted:

It'll be at the very end of the broadcast after Ron McLean gives his little season ending speech, hasn't happened yet, but probably coming up soon

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

erin andrews spotted

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
I just came to. what happened?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
the kings are a really good team, probably the only team in the nhl that does dump and chase possession play just pitch perfect. most teams just give away tons of possession doing it

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Girardi and some other spare parts for Thornton

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

I like to think both Staal and Girardi just had really bad series but gently caress both were pretty poo poo during the playoffs. Girardi was at least money in the regular season. Staal hasn't been so hot

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

Hasn't happened yet, don't worry.
Oh good... it's all going to be different and horrible once Rogers takes over next decade isn't it?

I'm American so I really don't know the ramifications of the NHL deal in Candidia but I sure do love your playoff broadcasts and Don & Ron. :)

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Justin Williams' dad is Ernest Hemingway

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I like to think both Staal and Girardi just had really bad series but gently caress both were pretty poo poo during the playoffs. Girardi was at least money in the regular season. Staal hasn't been so hot

I know he was playing tougher competition but to me Girardi was noticeably worse in that series. The number of turnovers was staggering. I hope he spends the offseason making breakout passes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh man we're at the favorite player part, almost montage time. :allears:

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Jovial Cow posted:

I know he was playing tougher competition but to me Girardi was noticeably worse in that series. The number of turnovers was staggering. I hope he spends the offseason making breakout passes.

Yeah they were suck in different ways. Staal's was kind of overall, esp speed and positioning. Girardi just loving made awful turnovers all over the place.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Drew Doughty is not the best defenseman in the world.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Harlock posted:

Don't acquire an overrated veteran for big money/years who is past his prime, Rangers

aw, who am I kidding

It's the team ethos

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

I'm more concerned about Zucc than any of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warning
Feb 4, 2004

ZZ Pops is all about hugs and high fives.
Now we get to play guess the injury / who has legitimate excuses.

You know 2012 Gaborik shoulder type excuses.

• Locked thread