Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This thread is coming back, in a big way.

Hey guys! I just started cross-stitching, to have something to do while watching Let's Plays. Here's my first and second pieces.

The first one came from a kit that my dad gave me. The second is an edit of some fanart I got from a Facebook friend. Right now I'm working on a 12" by 12" piece of me and my best friend, shown below, along with my working station.

I use pic2pat.com to create patterns, but I'm definitely going to give cstitch a go.

I'm also looking to try out other methods than cross-stitch, but that's in the future. For now, I'm happy with my little X's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Geeky throw pillows is what we all live for, dogg.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I haven't made that many, but they make good presents, overall.

I'm a maverick, so I frame my projects behind glass.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Also, if you used a pattern, do tell where you got it!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I just cut some thin cardboard in the shape of the ring and push it into the back of the ring, trapping the cloth beneath.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Do you have an Etsy? I need that Hitachi bookmark in my life.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

My parents are moving to an apartment next year. For Christmas I embroidered an engineering drawing of their place, and I'm pretty happy with it. This is my first time sewing on black cloth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I removed it from the frame, ironed it, got rid of most of the little bits of stuff, and put it back, so now it looks much better! I usually put my embroideries behind glass, so they won't get as dusty. I don't work with texture and layers that much, so it looks good.