Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
someone quote the axemaniac posts where he is furious about end boss month spoilers

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nobody cares about the plea of a white girl

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Metal Gear Solid 3

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

we're not so different, you and I, op

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm voting for Senator Armstrong. Change we can believe in.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Unguided posted:

I'm voting for Senator Armstrong. Change we can believe in.

But he's not the final boss of MGR

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

except your souls were put in robots for this fight? laffo so hard at this epic anime deviantart fail

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

who is da endboss of ddrd

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ForeverSmug posted:

The endless stream of shitposts. It's like a MOBA it never ends and everyone keeps getting angry.

Dec 26, 2012

ForeverSmug posted:

apathy

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

The endless stream of shitposts. It's like a MOBA it never ends and everyone keeps getting angry.

yes

it is all of us

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007
Mother loving lavos

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

TheBlackPharaoh posted:

Mother loving lavos

a dbz alien living in a hedgehog

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Dongslayer. posted:

a dbz alien living in a hedgehog

actually it's a floating tumor that assists a lovecraftian dimensional shambler that uses a dbz alien with laser tits as a weaponized exoskeleton and he drives a giant hedgehog. he's a matryoshka doll of madness

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
ugh you stupid noobs lavos is a duck man in a 50s-style spacesuit living inside a knockoff of cell from DBZ who lives in a giant hedgehog with a vagina mouth. do i have to bring up the 2,000 word chrono compendium article explaining this or what!?!?!?!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

closeted republican posted:

ugh you stupid noobs lavos is a duck man in a 50s-style spacesuit living inside a knockoff of cell from DBZ who lives in a giant hedgehog with a vagina mouth. do i have to bring up the 2,000 word chrono compendium article explaining this or what!?!?!?!

you fool, the real lavos is the right pod do you not know your chrono trigger canon?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

al-azad posted:

you fool, the real lavos is the right pod do you not know your chrono trigger canon?

goddamnit

time to reread every article in chrono compendium again to make up for my lack of chrono trigger canon knowledge

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

it's your lovely posting, it's about to morph into its final form and threaten to burn this place down

You probated me for not liking mortal kombat and want to eliminate the best thread on this board. Perhaps you have let yourself become the end boss my friend.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

ForeverSmug posted:

You probated me for not liking mortal kombat and want to eliminate the best thread on this board. Perhaps you have let yourself become the end boss my friend.

what, pray tell, is the best thread on this board

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Scyther posted:

what, pray tell, is the best thread on this board

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630783

it is an institution

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

This is not canon. Also, thanks for this huge-rear end image, which I will report and use to get you banned. Think of those of us with 800x600 monitors, asswipe.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the mutant sub end bosses in mortal kombat were neat like goro.

they were also all broken by jump kicking

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

God

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Metal Gear Solid 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIrJtj6n3ss

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hey when you're facing giygas in earthbound, you are actually performing an abortion. hth

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
X3 Sigma but only if you fight him without upgrades/sub tanks.

edit: People that had to use guides to beat Giygas were dumb. Pokey flat out tells you how to beat him.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 16, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

edit: People that had to use guides to beat Giygas were dumb. Pokey flat out tells you how to beat him.
the guide comes with the game (even if you buy it on Virtual Console) so the temptation is there

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Good point, I forgot it's on the VC now and I remember when most people only had the cart or played it on an emulator.

The guide actually spelled out how to beat Giygas though? Man, they must have thought Americans were really loving dumb. I think even the first Dragon Warrior game came with a guide.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Good point, I forgot it's on the VC now and I remember when most people only had the cart or played it on an emulator.

The guide actually spelled out how to beat Giygas though? Man, they must have thought Americans were really loving dumb. I think even the first Dragon Warrior game came with a guide.

the original mother (earthbound zero if you will) was going to come with a guide as well. nintendo was doing this big RPG push then the snes came out and they're like "cancel loving everything!" like they do every console generation which killed star fox 2, dinosaur planet, possibly lead to super paper mario being boring as poo poo, forced them to delay twilight princess, and others.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
At least we got the EB Zero prototype out of that. Although, we probably would have gotten a fan translation minus b button dash and the cultural changes regardless.

The encounter rate in EB Zero takes a lot of the fun out of that game. The only reason I ever beat it is because I could use an emulator to accelerate the game to get through the grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Y-Hat posted:

hey when you're facing giygas in earthbound, you are actually performing an abortion. hth
Considering that he only knows of Ness because of his relation to grandpa George loving his people over to learn PSI and Grandma Mary taking care of Giygas as a pup, I don't think so. He also kind of outgrew his physical form when you meet him.

• Locked thread