Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Bean, the Skinner.

Bean was a solo act before the whole hullabaloo went down, and when things finally turned their worst he let his saxophone do his wailing for him. Following a few simple tenets of showmanship, the performer eased into his new surroundings as smoothly as the notes he played. Sure, some things were a li'l different, but the rules of the stage stayed the same.

-Rule one: broadcast an invitation. Whenever Bean's about to play, you can bet the whole town knows it. People put up fliers even if the dry winds tear them down right afterwords.
-Rule two: project warmth, passion, and enthusiasm. Watching him play is an intimate experience, and every ounce of his demeanor oozes sentimentality and compassion. The stage is his home, and all viewers are his honored guests.
-Rule three: take control. Once Bean raises that horn to his lips, no one else makes a sound. Not out of courtesy or respect, it just isn't possible to think about anything else when the man starts his serenade. A curious person might start to question that. After all, Ol' Bean's been broadcast all over the radio waves before it all happened. You don't think.. Nah, that's just crazy talk.

After putting on a few performances and living the high life for a while, Bean typically moves on to the next town before the ghosts start showing upso that the other poor folk of the wastes can get the chance to hear him play. Bean's not the sorta guy to boast, but it's still a pretty sweet gig. Even if he can never come back for an encore performance.

quote:

Look: Man wearing luxe wear, with a sweet face, laughing eyes, quick hands, and a fat body.

Cool 0
Hard 0
Hot +2
Sharp 0
Weird +1

Moves
*Lost: when you whisper someone’s name to the world’s psychic maelstrom, roll+weird. On a hit, they come to you, with or without any clear explanation why. On a 10+, take +1forward against them. On a miss, the MC will ask you 3 questions; answer them truthfully.

*Artful & gracious: when you perform your chosen art — any act of expression or culture — or when you put its product before an audience, roll+hot. On a 10+, spend 3. On a 7–9, spend 1. Spend 1 to name an NPC member of your audience and choose one:
• this person must meet me
• this person must have my services
• this person loves me
• this person must give me a gift
• this person admires my patron
On a miss, you gain no benefit, but suffer no harm or lost opportunity. You simply perform very well.

Gear
*A black, fitted suit.
*sleeve pistol (2-harm close reload loud)
*a beautiful, well-maintained saxophone with a velvet-lined case (valuable)
*skin & hair kit (applied valuable) using it gives Bean +1 Hot forward
*1 barter in the form of sheet music, extra reeds, and various other odds and ends.

Hx
*Sin -1
*Chaplain -1
*Dagny +2
*Jack Callahan +2
*Doc +2

red plastic cup fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Fausts Pen posted:

Bean:How do you get around? Have you ever taken advantage of anybody to make a buck?

Well, I tend to keep my eyes and ears open when it comes to folks who might give a feller a lift. Nobody wants to travel much these days, and I don't blame 'em! drat place is a hellhole and a half! Still, I got my ways. After a show, I like to look around the audience and see who sticks around. There's always a few, usually some awestruck young man or pretty young slip of a girl who wants to see how I do things. I make a big show of it the next day, about how ol' Bean's got himself a partner, and he's gonna take his show on the road! The townsfolk are usually pretty happy to offer us up some means of transportation after that.

Of course, my partners don't stick around too long. Usually I just blow their brains out once we get out on the road. What can I say? Feller like me is a rare commodity in these parts, and I can't have no competition wondering around. A man's gotta take what he can get.

Fausts Pen posted:

What was that weird thing that happened the last time you played?

Last time I played it was for an audience of ghosts. You see, the place was called Ephraim and few weeks back half the townsfolk decided to pack up and head for the hills in search of greener pastures or some other nonsense like that. Bunch of dummies if you ask me. Anyway, when I walked out on stage, I saw a full house staring back at me, even though there was no where near that many people for miles! It was hard to tell which ones was ghosts at first, but if you stared at one long enough, you'd start to see through 'em. Don't know if anyone else saw 'em, but once I was up on stage I just let the music take over. I figure them spooks like a li'l song and dance just as much as the next feller. Didn't bother me too much at the time, but I didn't stay in Ephraim for too much longer after that.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Fausts Pen posted:

What kind of connection do you have with your instrument?

The saxophone? I've had her for a long, long time. Back before the storms and the crash and all that nonsense, I was a soldier. Never saw any combat, but I did happen to play in the US Marine Band under the direction of a gentlemen by the name of Sousa. Kept the instrument after being discharged, but I didn't get the idea to start playing on my own until a few years later. Turns out I was still drat good at it, and I could turn a crowd even before the dust storms hit. Considering the likelihood of finding such a fine instrument in these times, I keep a pretty close eye on the thing. It's rare that I let it out of my sights, even.

Fausts Pen posted:

How did you get out of your last bad scrape?

I'll tell you! I had just put on one hell of a show at a place called Welco's Creek. Ironic name, considering it was the driest place I've ever been. Anyway, I was resting up at the Mayor's house (feller offered me room and board after I played him a li'l ditty he knew from way back when) when this tall, thin man burst through the door. Shouted that his name was Press, that he was the daddy of my previous "partner", and that he found her body out in the wastes with a bullet through her head. He also wanted me dead, and he had a shotgun shell with my name on it.

As you can see, I had to act pretty fast. The mayor of Welco's Creek didn't especially look like me, but we were both pretty large men. He's heading downstairs to see what the ruckus is about, when get the idea to yell out to Press and make him think the mayor was me. Sure enough, it worked just as I thought it would. Press blew the mayor away and I managed to slip out the back door before Press realized what he'd done. Don't know if he's still after me, but I do know the folks of Welco's Creek aren't gonna let him go easy.

Fausts Pen posted:

You seem like a pretty bad guy, do you have any soft spots?

I like animals. Or at least, I like the ones that are still around. Animals will love you no matter how mean you are to 'em, but at least they got an excuse. They're stupid by nature, you see. People should know better than to trust a stranger who plays pretty music. I probably shouldn't complain, though. I make my living off of suckers like that, after all.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Bean

Dagny.. Now there's a woman with an attitude I can admire. We have a way of finding each other whenever I roll into a town, and though I've never been too close to her, I can tell that she's got that same sort of cut-throat sense of self-preservation that I do. She's probably the closest thing I'd have to a friend in this madhouse hospital.

Jolinaxas, Hx+2.
Everyone else, Hx-0.

Bean showed up at Saint Theresa's a few days ago, and he's been itching to leave ever since. No one wants to catch TB, but for a musician like him it would be the end of his career, and likely his life with it! I imagine he's weaseled his way into getting a room of his own in exchange for putting on a show at a later date. He's been uncharacteristically reclusive though, and mostly sticks to his room.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Fausts Pen posted:

Hey guys, welcome back out of the cold. Can I just get a headcount to see if everybody's still into playing?

I'm still game!

Also here's my final Hx. Because Bean is the Skinner, I get to add +1 or -1 to whatever number the rest of you tell me, but I'm going to go ahead and add +1 to everyone because Bean is the sorta guy who likes to stay connected. Showbiz is his biz and if you get in the right mindset you can treat anyone as your friend. Even a creepy gently caress like Sin.

Sin -1
Chaplain -1
Dagny +2
Jack Callahan +2
Doc +2

And I've got a three way tie, so I'm just gonna pick someone. Hey Jack, what's my other stat?

Also Dagny needs to get Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Yo deadking, could you highlight one of my stats for me?

• Locked thread