Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_wnD6jxREU

Sunday Standings

Today's Schedule

National Broadcasts(All times Eastern)
  • 1:35 pm - Chicago Cubs at Philadelphia Phillies - WGN America
  • 2:15 pm - Washington Nationals at St. Louis Cardinals - MLBN
  • 8:00 pm - Los Angeles Angels at Atlanta Braves - ESPN

Today in Baseball History
  • 1928 Ty Cobb, at age 41, steals home for the 50th and final time in a 12-5 Tigers win over the Indians.
  • 1938 In the first night game in New York City, Johnny Vander Meer of the Cincinnati Reds pitches his second consecutive no-hitter, blanking the Brooklyn Dodgers 6-0.
  • 1976 A game at the indoors Houston Astrodome between the Astros and Pirates is rained out when heavy rains make it difficult for fans, players, and umpires to get to the stadium.
  • 1992 Jeff Reardon of the Boston Red Sox breaks Rollie Fingers all time Save record with his 342nd save over the New York Yankees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Rick Porcello looking good so far.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Rizzoooo :woop:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Blue Jays please split the series so that My Dad stops angrily skyping me about you.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

:toot:Jays hit with RISP:toot:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
This outfield :aaa:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Goddamn Polanco is fast

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

It's MRA day at Camden Yards; first 20,000 fans through the gate get a free fedora.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
The Phillies are doing this neat thing where they have their scoreboard to look like the Manual one at Connie Mack Stadium.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Polanco/Cutch/Marte is the best thing to ever happen to me

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I know that the Pirates are gonna blow this lead, but J-hay :swoon:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Whenever more than one Cubs fielder converges on a pop-up, both the ball and at least one of the fielders ends up on the ground.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Yay Castro :toot:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Well that's a relief

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Rene Bork posted:

It's MRA day at Camden Yards; first 20,000 fans through the gate get a free fedora.

"And now as we usually do, its time for a little interview with the orioles skipper buck showalter. Buck, how do you guys plan to break through against happ tonight?"

"Well, the thing about Friendship is Magic is that it's not really a show just for kids,"

Korbin
Nov 13, 2009

SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG
ADAMSSSS!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Matt Adams is just silly

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Marco Estrada is awful. He needs to be dfa'd immediately, you can't fix that hr rate.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
So Matt Holiday hit that ball pretty good.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Happy Father's Day!

I hate ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. :mad:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Nice job, Schierholtz :toot:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
And there goes the no-hitter. :smith:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Lol, Estrada's face in that slide.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Goddamnit Estrada. Can't stop giving up home runs every single game

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:ohdear: what has happened to the pirates bullpen all of a sudden?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Kolten Wong! Perfectly placed for a triple

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Fuuuuuck

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
Casey McGehee loving owns

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Luuuc! Dead center HR!

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Goddammit again Pedro

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Stranded on base, the Milwaukee Brewers story.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Marlins walk off incoming

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
What's the point of having instant replay if they still can't get the call right? Absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Bautista was safe.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Tigers-Twins game is tied going into the ninth. Impending Tigers bullpen implosion coming.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
I'm so happy Matheny got his head out of his rear end and has started playing Wong every day

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Two men on and no outs, how are we gonna invent a way to blow this now?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ken Giles is awesome

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Oh god 2 men on and 2 men out with Joe Nathan pitching. Incoming bases clearing double.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Travis Wood: 8 IP, 3 H, 3 BB, 6 K, 0 ER :golfclap:

Cubs win a series in Philly for the first time since 2001! :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nathan's faced four batters and given up four bullets. Miggy and Kinsler have bailed his rear end out bigtime.

• Locked thread