Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Miami has been playing like...
This poll is closed.
rear end 25 14.45%
Poo 22 12.72%
rear end and Poo 35 20.23%
Mario Chalmers 64 36.99%
They're just waiting to "flip the switch" 27 15.61%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hellzno
Jan 15, 2008

Primo

Ribsauce posted:

Oh come on, Beasley has had 4 coaches and 7 years to develop, Oden is just an unfortunate case, and Douglas also has had numerous coaches. I don't see how you can blame Spoelstra for anything here. Douglas and Beasley have been in the league 7 years, they are what they are.

Beasley is going to look great in a spurs jersey :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MVP posted:

Spoelstra should have developed freaking Beasley, Oden, Douglas but I dunno.

Those players are not rookies who need to develop, they've all been the league for a long time now. And one of them does not have functioning legs. Michael Beasley and Toney Douglas are not going to suddenly turn into good players and Greg Oden's knees aren't going to suddenly heal. It is a thin, old, and in many ways poorly constructed roster that happens to have the best player on earth. Rashard Lewis was starting for most of the last two series at PF. In 2014.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I can't believe the forums went out when Michael Beasley got minutes in a playoff elimination game.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

MourningView posted:

Those players are not rookies who need to develop, they've all been the league for a long time now. And one of them does not have functioning legs. Michael Beasley and Toney Douglas are not going to suddenly turn into good players and Greg Oden's knees aren't going to suddenly heal. It is a thin, old, and in many ways poorly constructed roster that happens to have the best player on earth. Rashard Lewis was starting for most of the last two series at PF. In 2014.

Beasley's problem always seemed to be one of motivation and not talent/having functioning knees though. Then again, NBA history is filled with players who had the talent but not the motivation.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I can't believe the forums went out when Michael Beasley got minutes in a playoff elimination game.

Ginobli Dunk should have had 10 pages of posts.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

wangvicous posted:

Beasley's problem always seemed to be one of motivation and not talent/having functioning knees though. Then again, NBA history is filled with players who had the talent but not the motivation.

He's been bad his entire career. At some point you stop being potential and just are what you are. He doesn't have a real NBA position.

grapesmoker
Apr 19, 2003

This moon-cheese will make me very rich... very rich indeed!

wangvicous posted:

Beasley spent last season in Phoenix jacking up tons of terrible shots, playing zero defense, and generally ruining everything he touched. He sucks, and I'm baffled as to why Miami decided to give him another shot (other than that he was an affordable warm body, I guess).

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Beasley played fairly well in the regular season but as soon as anything gets serious and teams start paying attention then he can't be trusted at all

remember
Nov 23, 2006

MourningView posted:

He's been bad his entire career. At some point you stop being potential and just are what you are. He doesn't have a real NBA position.

I thought his position was SF or is he too slow to play SF at the NBA level. I thought it was always his work ethic and effort that was the problem.

grapesmoker posted:

Beasley spent last season in Phoenix jacking up tons of terrible shots, playing zero defense, and generally ruining everything he touched. He sucks, and I'm baffled as to why Miami decided to give him another shot (other than that he was an affordable warm body, I guess).

Ohh I completely agree but at this point there's always this belief that players with talent will eventually put it together at some point. I'm starting to think that you would be better off betting on us learning to regrow knees than hoping a player puts it together but generally people still believe players will put it together at some point.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
With the game a blowout, I checked closely on Beasley when he got playing minutes and man, he is worse than I thought on defense. He was responsible for a few open Patty Mills 3 because he doesn't seem to know that you rotate in the NBA when the original defender is clearly gone halfway.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The best part of being probated by a humorless Canadian mod is that I didn't have to read along as my team was destroyed by the Spurs Machine.

Congrats to the Spurs, Tim Duncan (best player of his generation), Popovich (best coach of all time) and Spurs fans not named Bashez.

Special congrats to Declan who tweeted some very deep stuff last night like "cool" and "way cool".

RIP Tony Gwynn. I'm out, bitches.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

PantsFreeZone posted:

The best part of being probated by a humorless Canadian mod is that I didn't have to read along as my team was destroyed by the Spurs Machine.

Congrats to the Spurs, Tim Duncan (best player of his generation), Popovich (best coach of all time) and Spurs fans not named Bashez.

Special congrats to Declan who tweeted some very deep stuff last night like "cool" and "way cool".

RIP Tony Gwynn. I'm out, bitches.

Dont worry none of us Spurs fans got to post either since the forums was int he process of killing itself.

Also congrats to the Heat fans for an awesome season. You got your win last year I'm glad it was our turn this year.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Never Forget :911:

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
What a great NBA Season, after a year of hating that they were 9 seconds away from winning last year. Now I can relax and wait for the Cowboys to underwhelm me.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

AfterFather posted:

Never Forget :911:

Haha the E Honda defense indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Bum the Sad posted:

So noon question here. What exactly are the NBA rules on traveling? I mean it says two steps but for example on the Manu Dunk it looks like he dribbled and took three steps before he dunked?

The rule is more or less two steps after a gather, but there's no square definition of a gather so in practice you can call about whatever you want as long as a clearly established pivot foot isn't being picked up. Generally the refs the NBA allow you three steps if you finish with something awesome and it's great.

• Locked thread