Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

The Game

You are newly appointed gunslingers, boys and girl of 15 or so with guns thrust into your hands, in a world which is on the verge of ‘moving on’. You’re wise enough to see it happening, and naïve enough to think you might be able to stop it. Travel from land to land, solving problems and enforcing justice. Deliver mail, investigate rumours of political upheaval, and deal with demons. As a gunslinger you are part wandering knight, part diplomat, part peace-keeper. It is your job to travel from the inner baronies and out into the wide world, settling wrongs and trying to stop the breakdown of civilisation. Without your help the world will fall into total chaos faster and faster, but if you do the right thing then maybe the world (and other worlds) will hold together just a little longer.

With your father’s guns in your belt, you are being sent to New Haven, a small ranching town to the East. Someone is worshiping cow skulls and the whole town is about ready to collapse in on itself. Nobody has died over it...yet. You need to fix things before that happens.

What is this all about?

This will be a Dogs in The Vineyard game set within The Dark Tower universe. Dogs in The Vineyard is a roleplaying game by D Vincent Baker. Character creation seems complicated at first, but is extremely open, and conflict resolution involves rolling hands of dice based on your character’s Stats,Traits and Belongings, then playing those dice like a poker hand. The major theme of DiTV is how your character deals with a situation, and how far they are willing to go to solve it. Unlike most RPGS, you may not always be working on the same side of every dispute. A simple example:

Robert Hobb believes that a young man in town, Isaac, has been sleeping with his daughter. He is on his way to ‘have words’ with the boy, but you know he’s carrying a shovel with him. You don’t think he’ll kill him, and you’re not in town to deal with little issues like this, but violence leads to violence. Do you step in? If Robert refuses to back down, are you ready to put him on his rear end to make your point? What about when he draws a gun on you? You ready to kill or be killed because some farmer’s kid and some rancher’s daughter couldn’t keep their hand’s to themselves? What if Robert is also your cousin? What if he's one of your fellow gunslinger's cousins and they want to let him go ahead and beat the kid?

That’s how the conflicts in this game tend to be – ethical/moral dilemmas that all weave together to make up the patchwork of a town on a fastrack to hell. Which battles do you pick and how hard do you push? Little seeds of injustice can (and will) grow into trees of hatred. What if the right thing is not the thing that needs doing?

The Dark Tower series is a fantasy/western series written over two decades by Stephen King. Everything you need to know to have fun in this game you have already read in the opening of the thread!

"I want to play but I don't know the rules"

That's no problem! If you want in on the action but have no experience with Dogs in The Vineyard, or do not own a copy of the rulebook, send me a PM or talk to me on #SaGunslingers on SycIRC. I can guide people through character creation and we can take things slowly from there. Something fun about Dogs is that the final stage of character creation involves a simple ‘combat’ which teaches you all the mechanics you need for the main game.

What do I need to apply?

If you know what you're doing then I need a character sheet from you, as well as the trial you will face for the final stage of character creation. If you don't then hit me up on IRC and I'll guide you through things.

Recruitment will be open until it is closed. I don't like long recruitment phases so depending on interest, it hopefully won't be very long. Be cool and try something a bit different!

Current Applications

pre:
Player	        Character		Sheet?		        Accomplishment?
BlurryMystr	Enoch Shaw		Y		        Y
bahumat         Mitaine Varcennes       Y                       N
ilootthecorpse  Constance Sinclair      Y                       Y
Spincut         Elias Gravest           Y                       Y
John Dyne       Eduardo Desandra        Y                       N
Tempus          Jonah Bray              Y                       Y
AlanWhats       Delilah Fontaine        Y                       N

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
I've been meaning to get this game for a while, so I just purchased the PDF. I'll start reading through it and hopefully get a character up tonight or tomorrow. I'll message you on IRC if I'm having difficulty.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

That's great to hear! If you wanted to get a guy in early, you can probably get by with just reading the character creation stuff and make a guy, before you work out the conflict resolution rules and stuff. Its a lovely book to read, probably my favorite RPG book, but you can sort of jump around it.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Captain_Indigo posted:

That's great to hear! If you wanted to get a guy in early, you can probably get by with just reading the character creation stuff and make a guy, before you work out the conflict resolution rules and stuff. Its a lovely book to read, probably my favorite RPG book, but you can sort of jump around it.

Cool, I'll do that. Yeah, I love Vincent Baker's writing in Apocalypse World, so I imagine DitV is more of the same.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Man, I totally bought the source book for this years ago after watching some people play it. I don't have time to play though. Bah!

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

To make things easier for submissions, feel free to use this handy template below!

pre:
Name:
Background:

Acuity:          Heart:
Body:            Will:

Traits:

Relationships:
Blood 1d6

Belongings:

Fallout:

BlurryMystr
Aug 22, 2005

You're wrong, man. I'm going to fight you on this one.
I'ma make a guy. I love creating characters for DitV.

Ich
Feb 6, 2013

This Homicidal Hindu
will ruin your life.
I'm a Dark Tower fan and I own Dogs in the Vineyard, but have never played. I'll have time in about 5 hours to make a character...

EDIT: I'm just too far behind the curve on this one, with too much going on to play catch up. drat, I'll have to learn this game someday. You folks have fun. Alrighty then.

Ich fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jun 18, 2014

BlurryMystr
Aug 22, 2005

pre:
Name: Enoch Shaw
Background: Strong History

Acuity: 4        Heart: 4
Body:   2        Will:  4

Traits:
I'm a gunslinger 2d10
I'm a good shot 4d8
I've trained to be a gunslinger my whole life 1d10
I can whistle like a bird 1d6
My horse and I are old friends 2d6
I took away a bully's power through words 1d6

Relationships (3d6, 1d8 remaining):
Moses Shaw, my father, dead these past three years 1d4
Josiah Baker, my childhood friend 1d8
Blood 1d6

Belongings:
My father’s guns 2d8+1d4
A rifle 1d6+1d4
Petunia, my horse 2d6
A big knife, engraved with my name 1d8
A wide-brimmed hat 1d6
A journal and pen 1d6

Fallout:
Accomplishment
I hope that I learned to get along with the other gunslingers-in-training

Bio
Enoch comes from a well-off family with an established reputation in the community. His father and his father's father all earned acclaim and honor through service to the gunslingers, so it was only natural that he would become one himself. He saw the gunslingers as a group of shining knights, elevated beyond petty concerns and human weaknesses. His own father, though, was no saint - a taste for whiskey became a terrible thirst and when he died of pneumonia some weeks after Enoch's twelfth birthday, Enoch did not pause in his training to mourn. His father, he concluded, had disgraced the guns he wore and it was up to him to restore their honorable purpose.

((I couldn't find anything saying that a Relationship with someone deceased was not allowed, so I went with it. I figure that fathers come up frequently in the Dark Tower world so it can still be relevant))

BlurryMystr fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 19, 2014

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Looks good Blurry, I'll check the numbers more carefully at lunch, but let's get the accomplishment phase going so some of the other players can get a chance to see how its done.

BlurryMystr posted:

Accomplishment
I hope that I learned to get along with the other gunslingers-in-training

It's the day Enoch earned his guns. You've just gone toe to toe with one of the roughest, toughest instructors in the whole of the city, and he tapped out before you did. Despite the fact you were both bleeding and beaten, you were both happy. You had passed your final test, avoided being sent West in shame, and in a few days you will receive your father's guns as a testament to your status as a gunslinger. How does this make you feel?

You've spent the last three hours passing in and out from your wounds, but you're finally stable enough to make your way home. As your boots stumble through the dust you pass an older boy, Vincent Caldoon.

He mutters something to the nearby gunslingers as you stumble by, your body aching and battered.

"Looks like he's been nipping at the whisky - just like his old man, huh?" he mutters.

Now there's a whole lot of ways you can handle this, and there's a lot of ways you can make it through this encounter to 'get along' with the other gunslingers. You can talk your way out of it and be the bigger man, or put Vince on his rear end and the others will respect you. Your call. You are Enoch, I am this fellow Vincent and some of your assembled peers

Edit: I'll roll my dice now to save time. If this set up doesn't fit your idea of what it means to learn to get along with other gunslingers-in-training, let me know and we can play it another way.

To those reading through this who have never played before - We have a conflict for Enoch's final lesson, and a setting. He rolls based on his various character traits, belongings etc. I roll 4d6, 4d10. We both add together our two highest dice rolls and whoever has the highest number is the first person to act. My dice are below, so my number is 19.

My initiation dice pool:1,2,3,4,4,6,9,10

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jun 17, 2014

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!

Mitaine Varcennes

The Varcennes family is a great and noble one, whose lineage can be traced back to the ancient line of Leodegrance, the man who first supported Arthur Eld’s dream of Affiliation.

Her gunslinger father, Ruggiero, had done everything he could to discourage the young Mitaine from this foolish course that she had chosen. But she was headstrong and no punishment he devised, regardless of its severity, could chase her from her desire to take up the gun.

Although not particularly tall, Mitaine is somewhat spindly and boyish, which helped her disguise herself as a boy named Tayne when she ran away to Gilead in search of training. Passing herself off as the supposed son of Ruggiero and Bradamante Varcennes, she gained apprenticeship from the veteran Gunslinger Elam DeVries, who had actually fought alongside Ruggiero against the Troitian Raids in Cressia. In her, he saw much of his old comrade.

Early into her fifteenth year, Elam confronted Mitaine with the truth. Her mentor had learned that through correspondence her father had gleaned her whereabouts and that he was coming to retrieve her. Elam had known Mitaine was actually a girl for some time, but had not questioned her reasons for disguising herself so. Her courage and determination had impressed the veteran Gunslinger, and so he presented her with a choice, make her challenge before her father arrived, or return with her father to Garlan.

Selecting a knife she herself had crafted, a type of blade Elam called a trench spike, she made her challenge. Elam selected a whip, and the fight took place the very morning Ruggiero would arrive. By the time he did, a very battered and bloody Mitaine had earned her guns.

pre:
Background: Well Rounded

Stats(17d6)
Acuity: 5d6       Body: 3d6
Heart: 4d6        Will: 5d6

Traits (1d4, 4d6, 2d8)
I am a Gunslinger: - 2d8
I am graceful: - 2d6
I have The Touch - 3d6
I am cautious - 1d4

Relationships (4d6, 2d8)
Elam DeVries, Gunslinger & Mentor - 1d6
Melissa the Seer, A different Mentor - 1d6

Gunna

Her pistols - 2d8+1d4
   Not the guns of her father, but rather the guns of Elam DeVries.  Gifted to her after
   her successful challenge, in which she took the index finger from Elam's right hand.
   They feature grips made from an unknown material and devoid of any sigul.  Underneath
   the cylinder, on a single side on each weapon the word MUNIFICAN is inscribed in the
   High Speech.  She has not earned her father's guns yet.

Trench Spike - 1d8
   Fashioned by Mitaine herself, this knife is a hodgepodge of both practical and melee
   combat features.  Her mentor called this type of weapon a trench spike, although she
   never understood the meaning of the name.

Gunna Bag - 2d6
   Her one memento of her home and family in the Barony of Garlan.  The heavy leather
   purse her father had employed during his many journeys when he was younger.  She stole
   it when she ran away.  Her father allowed her to keep it after their confrontation in
   Gilead, a sign of an uneasy but accepting truce.  Possessions inside are kept safe.

Silence and Motion - 1d8
   A book that was given as a gift from Melissa the Seer to Mitaine.  Contained therein
   are a series of exercises and suggested practices to train one's mind.  Although she
   knows why she has this book, much of the information it holds she isn't quite able to
   grasp yet.  It appears to be very old and time-worn, yet the pages inside the pages
   seem crisp and new.  No author is credited.

The Rain-slick Cloak - 1d6
   A seemingly unremarkable cloak which repels the elements.  It has a hood and is warm.

bahamut fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 28, 2014

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I received the PDF this morning, so I'll read through the character creation stuff this evening and have a character up tonight or tomorrow.

BlurryMystr
Aug 22, 2005

Captain_Indigo posted:

It's the day Enoch earned his guns. You've just gone toe to toe with one of the roughest, toughest instructors in the whole of the city, and he tapped out before you did. Despite the fact you were both bleeding and beaten, you were both happy. You had passed your final test, avoided being sent West in shame, and in a few days you will receive your father's guns as a testament to your status as a gunslinger. How does this make you feel?

You've spent the last three hours passing in and out from your wounds, but you're finally stable enough to make your way home. As your boots stumble through the dust you pass an older boy, Vincent Caldoon.

He mutters something to the nearby gunslingers as you stumble by, your body aching and battered.

"Looks like he's been nipping at the whisky - just like his old man, huh?" he mutters.

Enoch

I stop in my tracks and close my eyes. This is not what I want. I want a wash, then a pillow under my head and a long rest. But I reckon we don't always get what we want.

"Don't you have anything better to do, Caldoon?" I say, turning to the older boy. "What, did you run out of poo poo to shovel in the stables?"

Acuity (3) + Heart (4): 7#1d6 5 6 3 3 3 3 5
Relationship: Father: 1d4 1 Since his relationship with his father is kind of at stake here

Pool: 6 5 5 3 3 3 3 1

EDITED to remove my "raise": Whoops I misread how this starts. My two highest dice give me an 11, so you act first.

BlurryMystr fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 18, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Oh holy poo poo I am so down, but I'm currently on vacation in Iceland and don't have access to my book or even reliable internet to post. Won't be home until next week, so hopefully recruitment stays open!

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010

pre:
Name: Constance Sinclair
Background: Complicated Community

Acuity: 5D6      Heart: 3D6
Body: 3D6        Will: 4D6

Traits:
"I've seen Demons in my time, and seen 'em thrown back from where they came." 2D8
"I ain't got the Touch, but I know a lie when it's uttered." 2D6
"Many o' candle has guttered out with a book in my hand." 2D6
"These days I only stay true to the Gunslingers, but the Wheel of Ka stays true to me." 1D6
"I'm a Gunslinger." 1D6
"I'm fearless in my anger." 1D6

Relationships: (1D4, 2D6, 1D8, and 1D10 remain)
My Kin, who've Moved On, 2D4
Bertram Tam, who mentored me in the Rectorate of Banishment, 1D10
Miranda Van Augh, who was kind to me when others only shunned, 1D8
The Gunslingers, where trust is finite, 1D4
Blood 1d6

Belongings:
His gun, black and cold as hate, 1D6+1D4
His cutlass, which bears the Tree of Life, 2D6
The tools of the Rectorate, which are the bane of Demons, 2D8
The sacred tomes, illuminated with powerful secrets, 2D6
Palanquin, a plow horse liberated from the field, 1D8
A tattered scarf, threadbare but suitable to cover the scars, 1D4
A Gunslinger coat, that dirty torn sheet of faded bloody red, 1D6

Fallout:
Accomplishment: I hope that I learned to properly rebuke a Demon.

Background: "I don't rightly like to talk about where I come from. I find it doesn't get me naught but problems and judgement. I suppose I can't blame folks though. Back East is a hellish place, and who could trust a soul who come from there? See where I'm from, things have been Moving On. My kin were fearful of what could happen to them, but we couldn't rightly just pick up and leave. Pacts were made for our safety, but these weren't the type of pacts you rightly want to be in. They always cost more than you bargained for. Demons come up on us for what my kin did, and they took what they thought was theirs. I survived by luck alone, if you can call it that, but not without my scars. After that though I knew I had to be moving along, so I head out West towards the baronies."

"It weren't an easy road and I made it just barely alive. As luck would have it--and if you haven't gathered yet The Wheel has always had an eye for me--the first soul I run into was Rector Tam. He brought me to the mission and fixed me up best he could. Nothing to do for my scars, but he put a meal in me and a roof over my head. Tam asked for my story and for the good he did me I obliged him. I told him everything about my home Moving On and the Demons who come down on my kin. He told me about the Gunslingers and his order, The Rectorate of Banishment. Seems the Rectors needed boys like me, who'd seen into the other side. I didn't fancy the idea of others falling in the way my kin did, so I commit to being a Gunslinger in the Rectorate. Been doing it ever since. I just made it out on my own now, but I think I'm ready. Only the tests of my service will tell."

ilootthecorpse fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 23, 2014

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

I think Mitaine is pretty much done.

It's kind of funny, I bought DitV because I thought it would be awesome for this exact sort of thing, but it was something I never got around to doing it. I've never actually employed the game. In the upside, I'm reasonably familiar with The Dark Tower.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

code:
Name: Elias Gravest
Background: Complicated Community

Acuity: 5d6         Heart: 4d6
Body:   3d6         Will:  3d6

Traits:

"I've already killed." 2d6
"I love with all my heart." 1d8
"I protect the weak." 1d8
"I'm a Gunslinger." 2d6
"I'm disarmingly attractive." 2d6
"I've conquered the demon of rage." 1d6

Relationships:

"My mother, who I protected. (Blood)" 1d6
"My Gunslinger lover." 2d10
"My abusive father, who I killed myself." 2d4

Belongings:

"My polished guns" 2d8+1d4
"Dusty, a friendly horse" 1d6
"A knife, just in case" 1d6
"The shotgun that killed my father." 1d8

Fallout:
Accomplishment: I hope I went through initiation without letting my rage get the best of me.

Elias grew up in a damaged home. His father used to beat his mother and Elias both, causing the boy to quickly grow into a quiet, timid person who was full of a deep, dark anger. This anger came to a boiling point when one night his father was up to his old tricks. Drunk, he attacked Elias' mother. Elias, tired from standing on the sidelines and watching his mother, the only point of light in his dark life, be snuffed out, gave in to his rage. He found his father's shotgun had been left out of its case, and he used it to spray the walls with his father's brains. After that, he knew he had to flee or be arrested for murder. He left, and soon found the Gunslingers.

Elias quickly grew attached to another initiate. They were together always, and Elias cared deeply for him. It wasn't until the boy was gone that Elias realized he loved him. He resolves that after his initiation is done, he's going to find that boy again, no matter what.

I hope this works. I forgot to mention that I'm not that familiar with the Dark Tower. I've read the first book, and that's it.

Spincut fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 19, 2014

BlurryMystr
Aug 22, 2005

Dogs in the Vineyard may be my favorite system for character creation just because you can tell so much about a character through the traits they choose and the dice they assign to them. It'd be hard to make a bland, generic character in DitV.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

bahamut posted:

Mitaine Varcennes
I hope to gain a greater understanding and control over the Touch.

Mitaine's final test is physically demanding and forces her to confront her mentor with courage - it is hard to know when to strike out at a man wielding a whip. But more so than that, it is emotionally disturbing. All the thoughts and feelings rushing around your head since you left home are now coming to a point. Gilead has been your home, and Elam has essentially taken on the role of your father. Now your real father has come from your birth home, and no speed with a knife or physical strength will help you... at least you hope it doesn't come to that. Instead, perhaps your ability to use the touch will serve you.

You see your father approaching from the desert, his hat pulled low over his eyes. Can you judge his feelings and find the right words to say? Either way you're a gunslinger now, but one way will make you the pride of your birth father, another will leave you a lone traveller with no other family.

My dice: 1,2,3,6,6,8,8,9
Initiative: 17

quote:

Enoch Shaw
"Don't you have anything better to do, Caldoon?" I say, turning to the older boy. "What, did you run out of poo poo to shovel in the stables?"

Caldoon's eyes flare for a moment at this, and he sucks his lower lip in to chew it. He sniffs loudly and spits on the ground. You can tell that the other gunslingers are unsure how this is going to go. Vince is a mean spirited bastard, and though you could probably beat his rear end, it's no accident that he's started this argument after the hardest fight of your life. Still, he seems surprised by your passionless response. Doesn't look like he wants to throw punched just yet.

"The hell did you say to me, Shaw? You think you're better than me now, that it? Course you passed your test, probably bought a passing grade, that right? You spend a little of daddy's left over drinkin' money?"

I Raise with 4,4 = 8
Remaining Dice Pool: 1,2,3,6,9,10

quote:

Constance Sinclair
Accomplishment: I hope that I learned to properly rebuke a Demon.

Your final lesson comes a few days after you have officially earned your guns. Your wounds are healing nicely, and your eagerly awaiting your first act of missionary work. One sunny afternoon you ride Palanquin out to the bluff north of town. You're following your usual route when you become aware of something tugging at you from the east. Not entirely sure whether its intuition, ka, or something else, you decide to follow.

You eventually come to a small circle of stones arranged in a pattern around a heap of dead leaves. As you approach, the leaves are blown away by the wind to reveal a perfectly white rock in the shape of a skull. A shiver passes down your spine as you hear a voice echo from within the circle.

"Ohhh Boooooy, come over here booooy, I have such wonderful things to shooooow you.

My Dice pool: 2,2,5,5,5,6,6,9
Initiative: 15

Ilootthecorpse, I like your guy but you could change the wording of a couple of your traits. Religion will be a much less important thing for most characters in this game than a normal game of Dogs. I would suggest that you change Constance's family from being non-believers to something like 'they come from a land outside the baronies and don't believe in the rule of gunslingers' or that they live in a part of the world already moved on (which means mutants and murder and no real society). Also, change references to 'Dogs' to 'Gunslingers'. I like your Traits and stuff though, looks good.

quote:

Elias Gravest
Accomplishment: I hope I went through initiation without letting my rage get the best of me.

Your final test does not go smoothly. You and your chosen instructor go weapon to weapon for a long time - what feels like hours. For every good blow you give, you take one in return. After about an hour, the fight turns from a battle of skill, to a test of endurance. Who can stay on their feet the longest, who can stomach the next blow and keep standing. After another hour, you throw a punch which strikes your instructor on the chin, and he goes down. You manage to stay standing long enough to hear the three watching gunslingers declare you the winner, and then pass out.

When you wake up, one of those watching is staring at you with narrowed eyes and whispering to the others through the corner of his mouth. He is a thin, weasel of a man who you have heard made it through his own initiation with heavy use of the touch - something akin to psychic intuition, rather than skill.

The other two gunslingers are waving him off good-naturedly, but as you come around you hear his voice creep into your brain and you feel your anger rising.

"He lasted mere seconds longer than Carl. He's no gunslinger!"
"He passed the test, Silas."
"No, no, no, we can't let this scrawny maggot luck his way into being a gunslinger. 'taint right!"

For this initiation it's a bit different. You will be taking the role of Elias as he IS - grumpy and quick to anger. I'll take on the role of the forces attempting to placate that situation - in this case I will be the other two gunslingers rather than that dick Silas. If you win then you stay as you are and fail to control your temper. If I win then you learn to be a little more level-headed. With your rolls you are playing your rising anger and inability to control your temper.

My dice pool: 1,3,4,4,5,5,5,10
Initiative: 15

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 18, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I loving love The Dark Tower and I've been reading it since the third book came out, so I am in.

pre:
Name: Eduardo Desanda
Background: Complicated History

Acuity: 4d6          Heart: 4d6
Body: 3d6           Will: 4d6

Traits:
"I have forgotten the face of my father" 3d4
"I've got no love for horses" 1d4
"I fight dirty, just like Herman taught me" 2d6
"I do what's right to fix what's been wrong" 1d10
"I'm not worth more than you are, partner" 1d10

3d6
Relationships:
Gunslinger 2d8
Master Herman, 2d6

Belongings:
Father's old six-irons with embarrassing names 1d4+2d6
Herman's old lever-action 1d4+2d8
Pig-sticker 1d8
Worn out sleeping bag 1d4
Bandana 1d6

Fallout:
Accomplishment: I suffer daily over what I have done. I hope I can learn to live with myself.

The Desandas were always a rebellious and cocksure bunch, but Eduardo, son of Arturo, took the cake. Even with his years of being taught by his Master Herman, the boy stole, he played pranks, and was the shittiest teenager a man could want for a son. He took his lickings for his back talk and his crimes, and he did his chores, but nothing shut his mouth, and through it all he resented his old man; he respected him, but resented who he was. The boy seemed like he'd never learn

At least, until he killed his father. That was the talk of the town; didn't matter how it happened, the little punk shot his old man dead. For a man in the line of Eld, there was nothing worse; his father would never hand him his guns. Herman beat him within an inch of his life, and didn't stop until long after the boy had stopped crying and had accepted what was being given him.

His training grew harder. His punishments grew more severe. And he tried. He feared being sent west, but he kept eking out victories, passing his labors within seconds or feet. He wore his shame like a badge; everyone knew what he did. And it slowed him down. He learned from Herman, he learned where to swing and where to shoot and when to do it, but it was an uphill battle.

But he passed. He earned his father's guns, handed to him by Herman. He still had his shame, and he still had atoning to do. But he knew he could do it now. He was a gunslinger, and the wheel of Ka had made him guilty of patricide. It had to have some sort of ridiculous fate for him.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 18, 2014

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Elias

I narrow my eyes. "What's it matter to you? I passed the initiation, just like any gunslinger. I'd like to see you win a fight like that."

I'm just using words right now, so I'll roll Heart + Will

4d6 + 3d6= 1, 1, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6

Initiative: 11

EDIT: Whoops, is it supposed to be Heart + Acuity? In that case:

4d6 + 5d6= 1, 1, 1, 2, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6

Initiative: 12

Spincut fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 18, 2014

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Jonah Bray

Jonah grew up in a good home - his father was a Gunslinger, and his mother was always loving and caring. He and his sister were happy, and they grew up together thinking nothing would ever go wrong. But, as with all things, something did. His sister was assaulted by one of the aristocrats of the town, while his father was away taking care of a dispute in a neighboring area, leaving them with no Gunslinger willing to listen to her pleas. With Jonah's father away, there would be no one who could deal with the situation. At least, in an official capacity.

Jonah killed the man the next night. He did not stutter when he accused the man of his crime. He did not cringe when the man laughed in his face, claiming to be untouchable, screaming that Jonah had forgotten the face of his father. He did not flinch when he pulled the trigger of the shotgun. And he did not blink when the light left the man's eyes.

Since then, his training has gone surprisingly smoothly. Some of the Gunslingers were alarmed at how easily he could handle things that most of the other trainees balked at or outright refused. Most, though, preferred to belittle him - a soft-looking boy with a stutter, doting on his sister and spending time with the thick-headed blacksmith.

Jonah doesn't mind. His voice may shake, but his mind is always clear. He will do right, and he will never forget the face of his father.

pre:
Name: Jonah Bray
Background: Well-Rounded

Acuity: 5d6      Heart: 3d6
Body:   4d6      Will: 5d6

Traits:
I'm a Gunslinger: 1d8
I do what other Gunslingers won't, because someone has to: 2d6
I once shot a man to death for assaulting my sister: 1d8
I have a very noticeable stutter: 2d4
I can outride the Devil himself: 2d6
I'll let my actions speak for me, you can romanticize them later: 1d6

Relationships: 4d6 1d8 Available
Blood 1d6
Colton, the slightly slow blacksmith who's always been a friend: 1d8
Holt, elder Gunslinger 1d6

Belongings:
A well-made, perfectly honed knife 2d6

A coat, long, black leather, and slightly dusty, 
but thick and well-stitched.  There is no pattern, 
just a solid blackness. 2d6.

A hat, flat-brimmed and black, with a rope braid 
around it.  Slightly beaten, but still well taken 
care of. 2d6

The guns of his father, polished to a glistening 
sheen with engravings up both heavy barrels. 1d4+2d8

A canteen.  It's not in the best condition, but it's 
clearly a gift that was given with love. 1d6

Fallout:
Accomplishment:
I hope to prove I'm a harder Gunslinger than I appear to be.

Tempus Rimeblood fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 19, 2014

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Spincut posted:

Elias
I narrow my eyes. "What's it matter to you? I passed the initiation, just like any gunslinger. I'd like to see you win a fight like that."

Silas tilts back his head and cackles like a mad dog.

"You want to see me win a fight, maybe you'll get yer chance boy! Come on, milksop. Come on, maggot. Give the word and we can go round and round!"

You feel the heat rising in you, the rage slowly bubbling away at this ugly man and his ugly words.

"Keep calm, boy," a stern, but calm voice tells you. "You're a gunslinger now. Don't listen to the old man. You won fair and square."

Raising 5+5=10

Remaining:1,3,4,4,5,10

John Dyne posted:

Eduardo Desanda
Accomplishment: I suffer daily over what I have done. I hope I can learn to live with myself.

You are a gunslinger. Your father's guns sit in your holster, handed to you by your instructor. You replay the passing of weapons in your head and you're still not entirely sure whether the look on his face was one of subtle pride, or sardonic regret.

The moon is high and the city is quiet. You sit, half a bottle of whisky in your hand and your father's grave before you. The stone is grey and cracking, the earth seems cold and remote.

Your view swims gently from the alcohol and the feeling of regret stings your cheeks. Tears prickle at your eyes.

My dice:3,4,4,5,5,5,7,8
Initiative:15

You are Eduardo as he is - carrying the burden. I am his ability to move on. Your moves are you being stubborn and melancholy. My moves are you trying to find a sense of redemption.

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

Accomplishment:
I hope to prove I'm a harder Gunslinger than I appear to be.

Jonah's battle to earn his guns is a strange one. The instructor he must face in combat is a man named Holt - an old and grizzled veteran with scars along his bald head, and arms as thick as pythons. And yet Jonah does well and forces the old man to the ground several times, blood running from cuts and scraps, eyes blinded with dust. But the old man won't stay down. Even when the other instructors practically beg him to, the old man won't keep to the ground. Time and time again, Jonah spreads him across the sand, and time and time again Holt returns to his feet. The sand is ruddy with blood and you are running low on breath.

"You think this a beating?" Holt mewls, spitting blood in a steady river. "You want them guns, you'll have to bury me."

It's sad really. Pityful. But the eyes of the instructors and your peers are on you.

Dice Pool:1,1,3,3,4,5,6,7
Initiative: 13

You are Jonah. I am the old man. We are currently fighting hand to hand, so you roll Body+Will. You've all but wont his thing and if you back away he'll probably fall down sooner or later, but there are people watching and he's taunting you.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Jonah Bray

The words are hard in his mouth. Maybe that's the rapid swelling in his jaw, maybe it's the exhaustion, maybe it's his thrice-damned stutter. But he spits them out eventually, and with a bit of tribulation.

"I don't want to have to kill you. That's not the right thing to do."

Will+Body: 9#1d6 1 1 3 5 3 6 1 2 3
Trait: 1d4 1
Initiative: 11

Tempus Rimeblood fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 18, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Eduardo

Eddie swirls the bottle in his hand, contemplating another swig. He's had a few as it is, and he already feels it kicking in, muddying his brain. He knew it was stupid to drink like this after coming so far, but part of him knew he would never get any further than this. Part of him thought Herman had let him win, so he could seek redemption, and he hadn't actually earned it. He sure didn't think he had.

The kid raises the bottle to his father's grave stone in a mock salute, and immediately regrets it. It was the sort of disrespectful buffoonery that got him where he is now, and he lowers the bottle. Great. hosed up again, and without even thinking. That had always been his problem..

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4539673/
"Forgotten the face of my father" for 3d4 (4,2,4)
Heart + Will for 8d6 (1,1,6,6,6,5,5,4)
Whisky for 1d6 (3)
Gunslinger for 2d8 (6,5)
"Ain't worth more than you" for 1d10 (7)

Init: 13

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"The right thing to do, maggot? Don't you worry you're oh so p-p-p-p-p-p-p-pretty head about me!" he yammers, mocking your own speech. Even as he does so more blood leaks between his teeth and dribbles down his shirt.

Holt charges, stumbling slightly, and throws a blow for your face.

1+1=2
Dice Pool:3,3,4,5,6,7

quote:

Eduardo

The moon ducks behind a cloud and you take another swig from the bottle. You're not quite feeling sick from the drink yet... in fact you feel kind of good for a moment. The air smells of hay and summer, the stars are out behind wisps of cloud as thin as hair, and although there is a slightly chill breeze, the whisky is taking care of that. You don't necessarily feel like you earned the guns fairly... but here they are in your hands regardless. Maybe Herman wanted you to redeem yourself? Maybe he wants you to move on?

4+5=9
Dice Pool:3,4,5,5,7,8

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Jonah

The boy leans back, grabbing Holt's wrist with his hand, and slings him to the dirt again, circling slightly. It's growing tougher to keep his hands raised, but he's going to see this through to the end. A peaceful, non-deadly end.

I'll See you with a single 2, Reversing The Blow, and Raise it with the same 2 and a 3.

Dice Pool: 1 1 1 1 3 3 5 6

BlurryMystr
Aug 22, 2005

Captain_Indigo posted:

Caldoon's eyes flare for a moment at this, and he sucks his lower lip in to chew it. He sniffs loudly and spits on the ground. You can tell that the other gunslingers are unsure how this is going to go. Vince is a mean spirited bastard, and though you could probably beat his rear end, it's no accident that he's started this argument after the hardest fight of your life. Still, he seems surprised by your passionless response. Doesn't look like he wants to throw punched just yet.

"The hell did you say to me, Shaw? You think you're better than me now, that it? Course you passed your test, probably bought a passing grade, that right? You spend a little of daddy's left over drinkin' money?"

I Raise with 4,4 = 8
Remaining Dice Pool: 1,2,3,6,9,10

Enoch

"I passed my test, yeah. And I'll be feeling it for a month," Enoch says, spitting on the ground. It comes out dark with blood. "But I didn't buy it. I earned it. I've spent fifteen years earning it and so have all of you. Someday we're all going to be gunslingers together and we're going to have to count on each other. Maybe we should start acting like that means something."

Enoch turns away, then stops, looks back over his shoulder. "And if you talk about my father like that again, Caldoon, I will lay you out."

I'm a gunslinger 2d10: 2#1d10 7 8
I've trained to be a gunslinger my whole life 1d10: 1d10 3

Seeing: 8 (Reverse the Blow)
Raising: 8 + 7 = 15

Remaining Pool: 7 8 6 5 5 3 3 3 3 3 1

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Holt spills nastily across the floor, hitting the ground hard and tumbling over in a heap of flailing limbs.

"For the love of God, Holt, stay down!" a voice cries out from somewhere.

Holt climbs back to his feet, stumbles to his knees, then actually begins crawling towards you.

"The day I get put down by a stuttering little worm like this one..." he mutters.

"For goodness sake boy, end it," someone sighs.
Blocking 3+3.Raiding 4+6=10
Dice Pool:5,7

quote:

Enoch

Whilst your first words elicit a gentle murmur of agreement from the gathered boys, your threat, however justified, is met with a low-pitched 'ooooh'.

Caldoon's cheeks flush crimson and his face screws up into something vaguely reminiscent of a mutie ape's. He seems to be scanning you with his eyes but he's not stepping up.

"I should beat the poo poo from your guts for that, Shaw," he grunts.
"Leave him alone," another kid murmurs quietly. "He just earned his guns."

Someone else chirps in agreement. Vincent shoots daggers with his eyes over his shoulder.

"I aint going to beat on you, Shaw. Not today. But that's rich blood you're spilling, like it or not, and we aint brothers just cause you passed the test. If one of us fails we get sent out in exile and probably die somewhere as a farmer. You fail, I bet there's some rich uncle waiting to take you in so you can live your days out in luxury."

His mention of your wealth strikes a chord with the other kids and there are a few new murmurs of agreement. You realize that this isn't a battle to convince Vincent Calhoon, its a battle against Vincent Calhoon to win over everyone else.

Blocking 9+6. Raising 10+3=13
Dice Pool: 1,2

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Captain_Indigo posted:

Silas tilts back his head and cackles like a mad dog.

"You want to see me win a fight, maybe you'll get yer chance boy! Come on, milksop. Come on, maggot. Give the word and we can go round and round!"

You feel the heat rising in you, the rage slowly bubbling away at this ugly man and his ugly words.

"Keep calm, boy," a stern, but calm voice tells you. "You're a gunslinger now. Don't listen to the old man. You won fair and square."

Raising 5+5=10

Remaining:1,3,4,4,5,10

"I don't have the time to waste on you, old man," I sneer. "You're pathetic." I try to push down my anger, try to halt the confrontation before it gets off the ground. I try to brush him off and walk away.

Block: 5, 5
Raise: 6, 5

Remaining: 1, 1, 1, 2, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Captain_Indigo posted:

Mitaine's final test is physically demanding and forces her to confront her mentor with courage - it is hard to know when to strike out at a man wielding a whip. But more so than that, it is emotionally disturbing. All the thoughts and feelings rushing around your head since you left home are now coming to a point. Gilead has been your home, and Elam has essentially taken on the role of your father. Now your real father has come from your birth home, and no speed with a knife or physical strength will help you... at least you hope it doesn't come to that. Instead, perhaps your ability to use the touch will serve you.

You see your father approaching from the desert, his hat pulled low over his eyes. Can you judge his feelings and find the right words to say? Either way you're a gunslinger now, but one way will make you the pride of your birth father, another will leave you a lone traveller with no other family.

My dice: 1,2,3,6,6,8,8,9
Initiative: 17

Mitaine

It hadn't been long after Mitaine had been taken under Elam's wing that he had noticed in her an ability he saw once in another Gunslinger, Patterson Killborn, who had a talent for knowing what was going on in people's heads. Patterson was a quiet, guarded man, and not altogether different from Mitaine. Patterson also managed to get his dumb rear end killed, Elam had told her. Melissa, whom Elam had taken her to see, was a near-blind crone who had the knowing and encouraged Mitaine to use her power, the touch she'd called it, whenever she could. But also to be mindful, for people could just as easily lie to themselves as they could to others.

So there she stood. Aching and bruised. An eye half-swollen shut as she watched her father approach. Against his wishes she'd came here. But, although she was surely a sorry sight right now, she had won her guns. She would make him understand.

Acuity + Heart (9d6) Dice Pool 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6
Initiative: 12

bahamut fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 19, 2014

BlurryMystr
Aug 22, 2005

Captain_Indigo posted:

Blocking 9+6. Raising 10+3=13
Dice Pool: 1,2

Enoch

Taking the Blow: 5 + 5 + 3 = 13

Vincent's words cut deep, partly because it's not the first time his family's position has been used against him, and partly because it's true. Enoch knows that he's never had to struggle, not the way that people like Vincent Caldoon has had to. His heart fills with an uneasy mix of injured pride and shame.

"I'm going to bed," Enoch says quietly. "If you want to fight, I'll oblige you, but I'll not throw the first punch. Your call."

He turns and resumes the walk back to his room and his bed.

Raising: 3 + 3 = 6
Remaining Pool: 6 3 3 1
Fallout: 3

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I am still interested! Will be back home on the weekend, if that's not too late.

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Constance Sinclair

"Ohhh Boooooy, come over here booooy, I have such wonderful things to shooooow you." The voice was an insidious, crawling thing that wriggled its way under Constance' skin like a bundle of itch weeds.

The young Gunslinger narrowed his pale eyes at the tainted circle and spit in the dirt. "I got something to show you too, Devil. Make ready to depart this place."

The heels of his tall calf skin boots kicked up motes of fine dust as he hit the ground. Constance took in a deep breath to find his center and reached across his shoulder to take hold of the parcel lain across his back. The boy unlimbered a heavy black iron tube inlaid with precious silver wards all along its body. It was near the length of the Gunslinger's arm and bigger around than his fist with a solid metal clasp at one end. Inside lay the Tools of the Rectorate, which had sent many a Demon shrieking back to the other side. This time, however, would be Constance' first.

"Say no words, Demon. I'll have none of your lies. Now show yourself. I invoke thee!"

Acuity + Will = 1,2,5,3,3,4,2,4,2
5 + 4 = 9

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"Leave him alone you bloody minded fool!" one of your elders snaps, at Silas rather than you. "He's a gunslinger - I set my watch and warrant on it. Tito has the touch and he declared it this mornin' before the lad even woke up."

Your heart is still thumping, but it cools slightly. With his calm tanned face, and wet grey eyes, Tito is one of your favorite instructors. The thought of the old man declaring you a gunslinger based on 'the touch' alone fills you with confidence, maybe you don't care what the old man says.

Block 10+1. Raise 3+5=8
Remaining:4,4,
Remember: You are your character getting mad. I am your character getting calm. You need to be playing his rage boiling higher and Silas's words hitting home, whilst I play him stifling it and the other instructors calming him down.

quote:

Mitaine

Your father looks you over and you see a hint of a smile appear at the corner of his mouth - could be genuine or could be mocking, could even just be glee at seeing his disobedient girl has taken a whooping.

"Gather your stuff Mitty," he says calmly. "You've had your fun, now it's time to come home."

Just to make things clearer. I will be your father and his various whims and tempers. You will be Mitaine, using the touch to read his thoughts and moods and respond to disarm him.
Dice pool: 1,2,3,6,6,8,8,9

quote:

Enoch

As you turn and head for home, you see Vince Caldoon glancing around the small gathered mass. There is another shift in the mood of the crowd. Sure Vince had made a good point, but you'd taken it on the chin and not tried to defend yourself. In a lot of ways you'd been the bigger man. Now, with his most spiteful jab ignored, Vince has nothing to go in.

"Yeah...well...you watch your back from now on..." he calls after you, but his voice breaks as he does so and it comes out as a whimper.

The next day a couple of the soon-to-be-gunslingers come to your house and bring your apples to congratulate you.

"Oh and well done on dealing with Vince," one says. "You remembered the face of your father. You ever need anything, come find me."

I cannot see your raise and you win! Write a new trait which reflects how this went down!

quote:

Constance Sinclair

The demon inside the circle of stones chuckles madly and you sense its presence roll like a tidal wave around the rim of its stone boundary. The dust kicks up as if the blade of a knife is being dragged through it and the air shimmers, but the demon takes no form.

"I tell you what, boy," the voice echos as if from the stones themselves. "We'll make a deal. You come inside the circle, I'll show my face, how about it? I see you're gunslinger as well as a boy. You're not afraid are you? Afraid of a little breath on the wind?"

Raising: 5+5=10
My Dice pool: 2,2,5,6,6,9

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Captain_Indigo posted:

"Leave him alone you bloody minded fool!" one of your elders snaps, at Silas rather than you. "He's a gunslinger - I set my watch and warrant on it. Tito has the touch and he declared it this mornin' before the lad even woke up."

Your heart is still thumping, but it cools slightly. With his calm tanned face, and wet grey eyes, Tito is one of your favorite instructors. The thought of the old man declaring you a gunslinger based on 'the touch' alone fills you with confidence, maybe you don't care what the old man says.

Block 10+1. Raise 3+5=8
Remaining:4,4,
Remember: You are your character getting mad. I am your character getting calm. You need to be playing his rage boiling higher and Silas's words hitting home, whilst I play him stifling it and the other instructors calming him down.

Something clicks when Tito says those words. I reel back around at Silas. "You're drat right I am! What business do you have speaking against a gunslinger, damned idiot?! You don't have the loving right!"

Block 6+2. Raise 1+1=2
Remaining: 1

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Jonah Bray

This wasn't pretty. It was never going to have been pretty. He didn't want to help Holt commit suicide - hell, he didn't even want to hurt him as badly as he'd had to. But the crowd was right - he needed to end this. To drag it out was cruelty. And to be cruel was to forget the face of his father.

He steeled himself, knowing what had to be done. And his actions would taste like ashes in his mouth. Holt would call him a damned coward, every time he saw him. But it was what was necessary.

Before he could act on any of that, though, the crawling man's fist slammed into his gut, knocking the wind from his lungs and causing the bile to rise in his throat.

He drags himself back to his feet, though, and tackles the instructor, climbing onto his back and wrapping an arm around his neck, holding on with a heavy choke, just as he'd been taught. It wouldn't kill Holt - but it was what had to be done to just end it.

Trait (I'm willing to do things other Gunslingers won't, because it needs to be done): 2#1d6 6 3

Gonna See you with 4 dice, Taking The Blow, (5, 3, 3, 1), and Raise with 6, 6.

Dice Left: 1 1 1 3

Fallout: 4d6

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Captain_Indigo posted:

Your father looks you over and you see a hint of a smile appear at the corner of his mouth - could be genuine or could be mocking, could even just be glee at seeing his disobedient girl has taken a whooping.

"Gather your stuff Mitty," he says calmly. "You've had your fun, now it's time to come home."

Just to make things clearer. I will be your father and his various whims and tempers. You will be Mitaine, using the touch to read his thoughts and moods and respond to disarm him.
Dice pool: 1,2,3,6,6,8,8,9

Mitaine doesn't move, the sun is in her eyes. She stands there in silence for several moments before finally speaking, her voice a little slurred, "I can't, father. I knew you were coming. So I made my challenge, and I succeeded."

The sun overhead beat down on her, causing her to squint as she endeavored to glimpse into the workings of her father's mind, to find a sort of common ground.

Invoking Trait I have the Touch (4, 6)
Current Pool: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6

Raise: 10 (4, 6)

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Silas freezes as you spin and snap at him, then chuckles dimissively.

"You sure as hell ain't acting like one," he says. "Barking like a dog, swinging your hips and sticking your chest out like a whore stickin' out her titties. Oh you don't like that? Should have sent you to Mary Beth instead of the instructors. See if Mary Beth can get you fitted with a nice little dress, some kneepads so you dont hurt your little legs when you're kneeling down and seeing to customers."

He steps up and gets close to you.

"Go on, you little whore, hit me."

Your rage is burning now, your skin prickling with the heat of it.

The other instructor chuckles.

"Pathetic old man. Come, Elias, ignore him. You don't need his approval. He wants you to strike him to confirm some poor idea he has of you. Don't give him the satisfaction. Control your animal instincts and don't spend this evening nursing another wound when you should be spending it celebrating."

Reversing The Blow:4 Raising: 4+4 = 8
You can't match that. So, either accept the outcome - you learned to control your temper and should write a new trait that reflects what happened. OR escalate and get physical. I'm out of dice so if you escalate, you win and don't learn to control your temper. This is where dogs gets cool - you get to make the decision.

quote:

Jonah

As you lunge for Holt, ready to trap his throat between your muscular arms and choke him until he stops moving, the old man grabs a handful of sand and throws it in your face. It doesn't hurt as much as you expect it to, but you're rendered blind. Another weak punch to the gut and you can hear the old man barking and wheezing around you.

There is a general moan of exhaustion from the assembled crowd.

And then Holt falls. Silently. One moment he is there, the next he is gone. His chin hits the dirt and he lays still. Whether it's because of the cloud of sand still in the air, or the general aura of disbelief, by the time word gets around Jonah is free to tell the story however he likes. Maybe you didn't put the old man in a headlock and choke him unconscious...eh, maybe you did, nobody will correct you if you say it so. Least of all Holt. When he wakes up three days later, he can't remember a thing. Word goes around town that he's been telling folk he owes you an apology. More importantly he's been telling folk "I owe that new GUNSLINGER an apology."

I Block: 7+5=12. But I cannot raise.
Edit: You were right, I misread the numbers. I block your initial attack, but nobody will remember that because I can't raise. You pass your accomplishment - make a trait that reflects how your character feels about what he did.

quote:

Mitaine

Your father winces slightly at your words and you see genuine pain in his eyes.

"You speak true?" He doesn't wait for an answer. He simply nods with a sad, defeated look. "Aye, course you do. It's no matter. You're my daughter, Mitty. I.... You would really push so hard to avoid being part of my family? You would really work so hard, do stuff most men could never do, just to avoid being my daughter?"

Your father is changing track and he's pushing emotional buttons. Use the touch to work out if its genuine or not, and if so, where this hurt and fear comes from.

Blocking: 1+9. Raising 3+6=9
Dice pool: 2,6,8,8

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Constance Sinclair

"Lets make a deal..." That was all that Constance needed to hear. He had seen what deals with devils would lead to. It was the entire reason he became a Gunslinger in the first place. With deft hands he opened the clasp at the end of his heavy reliquary and removed a long, rolled leather satchel. Inside were the tools of banishment and the first thing he selected was a iron rail spike covered in arcane runes.

"I said shut up, fiend. Tempting me won't do you a drat lick of good." Constance knelt down and scrawled a catechism into the dirt before the circle, and despite the unnatural breeze struck up by the Demon the dirt around his etching would not stir. "I invoke censure on you, to stay that lying tongue."

Now Constance went into the satchel again and this time came out with a small hand mirror in a brass case. The young Rector turned his back to the circle and held the mirror aloft so he could see over his shoulder. When the skull rock was visible in his mirror Constance licked his opposite thumb and raked it over the patina on the surface of the glass. "I clear the veil and cast away your hiding place. I say it again: I invoke thee, Demon!"

I just got how this dice thing is supposed to work and realize I didn't roll a whole grip if dice that I should have. If you don't mind terribly I've added the dice below for Tools of the Rectorate, "I've seen Demons...", Lady Luck, and "I'm a Gunslinger."

My pool: 1,2,2,2,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,5,5,7
Block: 5+5=10, Raise: 5+5=10

• Locked thread