Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win it all next year?
This poll is closed.
Spurs 165 32.93%
Thunder 76 15.17%
Clippers 54 10.78%
Warriors 50 9.98%
Rockets 23 4.59%
Lakers 133 26.55%
Total: 501 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The Heat need Jodie Meeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

danucleus posted:

While true, Boris Diaw didn't blossom in the NBA until the Spurs picked him up and Patty Mills would've been a wild card on another team before he developed this year. Nobody looked at Splitter twice before this year either. The success of the Spurs is finding great fits into their system and maximizing player potential.

What is more worrisome for the Spurs is the poaching of all of the assistant coaches to the other NBA teams. They will be trying to implement the same system elsewhere, picking off players that would fit into that Spurs philosophy. This will probably make it harder for the Spurs to find inherently unselfish players; however, the Spurs are also good at teaching players to be unselfish, so they should come out okay.

So Michael Beasley should have been a Spur.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Rick posted:

He was really the Lakers' best player when Pau was in 2013 or suffereing from vertigo but more flashier players got all the attention.

I know he's one of those players that I inexplicably really like and follow.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Patty Mills will be the starting PG for the Heat next year and the fan base will be ecstatic at the signing.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Oh Yahoo is reporting Birdman is leaving the Heat.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

grapesmoker posted:

It seems like this depends heavily on who they can attract. The big 3 plus Haslem and Cole are on the books for $70 mil for next season, so any significant maneuvers will have to depend on getting at least two of them to opt out and take less. The vibe I get is that Wade is not willing to do so, which may undermine the whole operation, and LeBron may not be satisfied to tread water for a year. It's certainly far from a foregone conclusion that the whole thing will just fall apart, but I don't think there's any guarantee that Miami is going to be either good or together next season.

Where did you get your vibe from? I mean I would definitely opt in if I were him but maybe he decides to take 48 mill over 4 years instead of 40 in 2.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

glowing-fish posted:

I am hoping LeBron James doesn't get HIV or have a family member murdered this summer.

Or gets traded for Lamar Odom.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

Ian Mahinmi and Dejaun :tbear:

drat it I wanted to be the one to say Blair but better that a Mav fan did it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Love on GSW would be unfair. He should go to Chicago.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Magnus Gallant posted:

Who the gently caress is bomani jones? Who cares what a no name whiny baby thinks about a celebration.

Hey Bomani is consistently entertaining.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I thought that LeBron putting hid kids in a private school in Ohio was refuted. They probably still go to Miami Country Day like every rich kid in Miami.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Jota posted:

Well first that isn't true but also Love shoots as the number one option that teams are focusing on while Bosh is getting a lot of wide open jumpers since teams are focusing on LeBron and Wade ahead of him.

Are teams being distracted by Wade's stunning smile from the bench?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Ramadu posted:

Where is this Lebron to Houston talk coming from? The only place I saw say anything about it was First Take at the gym and I immediately discounted it. Is that actually a real possibility? There's no way Houston ahs that much free money right?

I mean I guess it might be Houston ' s back up plan if they don't land Melo.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I'm so confused on who is arguing what that I thought someone was arguing Bosh vs. Rubio. Love is like the 3rd best played in the NBA and Bosh is like the 20th.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

EvanTH posted:

Solid Euro Ball + Shut The gently caress Up "Guy Pnini"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmlXPip1D1Q

Oh god he's the best hire if the off season already.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Most owners are great at making money but not great at being relatable human beings. There are different forms of intelligence and your bank account statement does not validate a person's real worth. Like we're probably all broke paying off student loans here but we're also pretty cool and talk about sports in a calm and intelligent manner and probably are good people.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Apparently New York Daily News is reporting that Wade will opt out and take between 50 and 55 mill for four years.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Anything real happen or was it all just rumors?

Also Wade and LeBron are at the Jay Z and Beyonce concert.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Chris Broussard reported that the Heat are trying to get Perkins.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I really don't think LeBron will move to the West, especially with the Spurs machine still in motion.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Some Miami TMZ-like reporter was claiming that he, Wade and Bosh had Dinner/Lunch today, and appeared to be in good spirits.

Think he stays with Miami.

The woman who reported it is actually a Miami Herald blog writer. She reported they ate watermelon salad and discussed what to wear to the Beyonce concert.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Niwrad posted:

I don't know why Haslem would opt-out. He's not going to get that money anywhere else. It probably makes sense for Wade to get a longer contract for less money annually. Wasn't there some report out of Miami that he'd sign for 4 years, $55-$60 million or something?

Turns out that Wade report was from a footnote of an article that said he was likely too, but it by no means will happen.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

gingerberger posted:

The fact that the Heat are trying to move up to get Napier because they think LeBron wants him seems a bit desperate. They clearly could use some guard help even if the big 3 stay, but It kind of reminds me of the Cavs constantly trying to make any "big" move possible (instead of the "right" moves) to try to keep LeBron.

Maybe it's nothing, but if feels a bit desperate i.e. maybe they think he's leaving if they can't do something noteworthy.

I don't think it's a reactionary move to keep LeBron. Which guard would you take with the 26th pick and how much do you value Norris Cole?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

danucleus posted:

In the past few days, all these talks and rumor mills regarding the Clippers possibly trading Blake Griffin for Lebron made me disgusted to my stomach. This BR article was a pretty good summary of what is more likely to happen. Although the Clippers should try to keep Barnes. He was basically the only viable wing defender the Clips had this past season and would have had a better year had his eye not get poked out.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rce=twitter.com

I honestly would love for LeBron to be traded for Griffin.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

LeBron and Wade have matching ferraris.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

LeBron wore a heat hat at the concert last night.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Intruder posted:

What could this mean? He's joining the Cowboys? The Mavs? TNA?

Hogan is back with WWE now so that means LeBron is joining the NWO.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Also wouldn't Toronto and Miami have to sign and trade both of those players? Why not just sign them out right?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

BIZORT posted:

You don't have to make it public that you're zeroing in on a specific player incredibly late in the first round, dipshit

Riley hasn't done the draft thing too well.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Lorini posted:

Do you guys think that the fact that the players can foul out affects the officiating? Not that no star ever fouls out, but sometimes I think the refs let things pass because they know the fans would be very angry to pay a ton of money to see LeBron/Melo/Kobe etc and then have them foul out.

Yeah but also no one pays to see a free throw contest either.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Who the hell with 16 million in capspace is going to pick up the last year on Boozers contract?

They don't have to pay 16 million. Teams can bid for his services.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

MourningView posted:

Unless it involves Kobe like five years ago Ric Bucher doesn't know poo poo about poo poo. He writes for loving Bleacher Report.

Skolnik is pretty good but unfortunately writes for Bleacher Report. Also I am ashamed I clicked a bleacher report link for the first time in two years.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

PantsFreeZone posted:

Seriously, how have we not advanced beyond the T-Shirt cannon?

Where's the cake cannon? Or the basketball launcher? Or the adopted puppy rocket? Or the iPad missile?

They have a Hot dog cannon at Phillies games. The Phanatic shot a guy in a pig suit in the face with it. It was hilarious.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

net work error posted:

Where did you see that reported?

Ethan Skolnik and Tim Reynolds both reported it on Twitter. NBA2k15 retweeted it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Woj reports Bosh IS opting out and LeBron is going to get a max deal.

Edit: drat it beaten.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Libertine posted:

He's always been both a dirty player and a recipient of bullshit officiating. You probably didn't post here back in Wade's early career, but his rampage of bullshit ended many a team's playoff hopes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTKxxsDuDas

I've always enjoyed seeing him lose whenever I get the opportunity as karmic payback for the ring he does have that he didn't deserve.

His most recent offenses have included making GBS threads the bed so hard in this year's finals that Lebron didn't even get the opportunity to compete for the additional ring that he deserves.

Dude calm down it's just basketball.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Emanuel Collective posted:

Even if Chicago could support a second team, you would see a scorched earth effort by Jerry Reinsdorf to prevent it because a second team would really screw with media money, the owner would likely need to build a new arena because the UC is already booked with the Bulls/Blackhawks, and the NBA/owners would have to be convinced that a second Chicago team is better than adding a significant new media market to the league.

They could just renovate the allstate arena.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Lockback posted:

Why? You only have a few years to make that kind of money. Would you take a pay cut at your current job now so they can pay someone else? Would you do it if you knew in 4 or 5 years you'll never get paid more than 10% of what someone else is offering to pay right now?

The difference is at your job you're not trying to be a historic legend tgat won a bunch of championships. Also to paraphrase Dave Chapelle, the difference between 15 million dollars and 20 million dollars is just 5 million dollars. Not comparable to 50000 dollars and 100000 at all.

Edit: Like Antoine Walker would have gambled away an extra ten million if he had it and still be in the same place he is now.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Libertine posted:

How is this a post in an internet forum discussion about basketball.

Is a man really not free to hate Dwyane Wade with great vitriol anymore?

That comparison doesn't go far enough imo. Hitler didn't post a 0.8 Game Score in the deciding game of this year's NBA Finals.

Well I don't really hate any players but if being mad at Wade makes you feel better about your life then go ahead. At least Wade sucked in the Finals and didn't get suspended for punching Steve Adams in the face and destroy his team's hopes in the first round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

attackmole posted:

Dwyane 'D.Wade' Wade
Dwyane 'Flash' Wade
Dwyane 'Literally Hitler' Wade

D "3" Wade
D "3rd Reich" Wade

• Locked thread