Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win it all next year?
This poll is closed.
Spurs 165 32.93%
Thunder 76 15.17%
Clippers 54 10.78%
Warriors 50 9.98%
Rockets 23 4.59%
Lakers 133 26.55%
Total: 501 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

WhyteRyce posted:

but it wasn't like they took some guy from Qatar that no one ever heard of who turned out to be great

That would be Danny Green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Doc Rivers is now President of Basketball operations, if you didn't already know he's basically in charge since he came in.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Birdman and Battier are gone, Haslem is useless, Oden and Beasley aren't worth keeping around, and Wade is shot. I can't see how the Heat are viable next season.

By still having Lebron James.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

grapesmoker posted:

It seems like this depends heavily on who they can attract. The big 3 plus Haslem and Cole are on the books for $70 mil for next season, so any significant maneuvers will have to depend on getting at least two of them to opt out and take less. The vibe I get is that Wade is not willing to do so, which may undermine the whole operation, and LeBron may not be satisfied to tread water for a year. It's certainly far from a foregone conclusion that the whole thing will just fall apart, but I don't think there's any guarantee that Miami is going to be either good or together next season.

Lebron is on record on saying he'd rather miss the playoffs than not win a title.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean Wade could still be a 20 PPG, you should be asking what his FG% is and how many games he can play.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think the Heat should just go the old Celtics method of basically ignoring the regular season to just get the minimum wins needed for the playoffs. Lebron playing maybe 25 minutes a game and cruising to 38 wins or whatever for the 8th seed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

what's the point of comparing one guy who's the clear #1 option on the team and the other is #2 at most to literally the best player in the NBA?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Some Jerk posted:

There is a 1000% chance that Melo will be hated as much if not more than Jay Cutler.

hahahahaha no, you don't seem to understand how hated cutler is here, especially after mccown's year.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Non trade news, jabari parker said he wants to be like oj mayo.

Also the new cavs coach is getting 6.5 mill annual.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

A first rounder for a rental is a good trade?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is this the year of the takebacks, between the recent trades and cavs getting the first pick? Who's the next player, pau back to Memphis???

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Jesus christ, Anthony Randolph is a bull

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Possibly, though Lowry is an RFA and RFAs are usually signed very early in the summer, especially big name ones.

What? Lowry is an UFA, he's been in the league for 7 years.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Poor Deng, forever treated as garbage because of like 3 months with the Cavs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So how much bitching will the owners do again when Bosh takes that reported 15 million annual contract? Or is this going to be some media backlash on any other superstar taking a max deal instead of a discount for the team?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lockback posted:

haha, what the gently caress is wrong with Jason Kidd. He wanted a loving raise? He made more than Vogel, Joerger or Hornacek. Jesus christ.

Coach contract inflation when Kerr, Fisher, and a guy from Europe are all in the top 5 salaries for a coach before even taking a clipboard.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

Because he's a pretty good coach?

Because of what?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Look, George Karl put Wilson Chandler to take on Andrew Bogut he knows all about coaching

Did I mention putting Andre Miller instead of Iggy on Stephen Curry

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Someone out there will think it's perfectly fair for them taking 12 million annual each because Pippen made less than MLE during the Bulls championship or some poo poo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

The Jazz would like to retain free agent PG John Lucas III as a mentor for Trey Burke and Dante Exum.

https://twitter.com/tribjazz/status/483387642059300866

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAH

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

dokmo posted:

We are only one year removed from the Giannis pick.

Even casual draft fans knew who he was because of the combine and constant reports about it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Doc Rivers said re-signing Darren Collison is their top priority in free agency.

Top. As in #1.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

attackmole posted:

I'm incredibly stoked that John Salmons is gone. That's addition by subtraction right there. Now, the Raptors also could have solved the problem by you know, not giving him loving minutes, but it's good having that contract off the book and it saves Casey from himself.

They actually gained salary by trading Salmons because his contract was only guaranteed for 1 million.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

On the other hand, Billy King

and if you somehow forgot

traded 7th overall for expiring Gerald Wallace, who was then given a 40 million extension who then was traded along with more picks for old people

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Why is Pau Gasol meeting with the Thunder

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Let's hope this means Boozer gets the amnesty with all this "talk" about them landing a free agent, especially a big like Pau.

You can also never have too many excellent passing bigs on a roster.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

Jason Kidd is asking for permission from the Nets organization to bring over Nets assistant coach Eric Hughes with him to Milwaukee, according to a source of Yahoo! Sports.

The Nets and Bucks are forbidden from making a trade with each other during the 2014-15 season

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/483688473325342720

Jason Kidd redefining not giving a gently caress

In other news, Cavs are giving Kyrie Irving a max contract 5 years/90 mill

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Niward must be secretly a Nets fan because he called Billy King a top 3 GM and better than Morey

In the same year that they got Harden

Because the Nets got a higher seed in the East

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

Why did Kidd luck into this when Spo did it in the playoffs it was a good adjustment

Because Spo built that championship year into a more optimal small-ball build with re-working Bosh as a defensive anchor for the next two years?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So Kidd is now getting a raise with his new Buck contract between 4-5 million annual for 3 years.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wait, you guys weren't expecting this?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

WEREWAIF posted:

To be fair, I have no idea how he played this year, but I watched a lot of videos before the draft last year.

No one except Spainairds know how he plays.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Homestar Runner posted:

Do y'all not see the Suns longterm master plan? We're talking alllll the guards so none of your dumb teams can have any! THEN WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO

Post up all day?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ainge really loving hates Rondo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rick posted:

I don't know who I want as a free agent (other than the unrealistic attempt at Lebron) but I know the biggest third rail to me is Ariza. Someone isn't going to pay him again after the last contract, are they?

What do you mean by that? Ariza is a top b-tier free agent after Melo and Lebron are off the table.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

BIZORT posted:

I read somewhere that Luol Deng already agreed with the Clippers at 3 years $18 million but I can't find anything else to confirm it.

That would be the (fake) Adwoj account

Spacebump posted:

A great fake Woj twitter to retweet.
https://twitter.com/WojoYahooNBA

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

B+B is a shock jock hipster radio, please don't listen to them ever. They only survive by being contrarian to the mass and appeasing the southerners.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Or Deng could be so disheartened by being a Cav that he will pay people to join their team

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oregonian's John Canzano has the scoops

quote:

Dwyane Wade will reportedly return with the Heat on a four-year contract, according to the Oregonian's John Canzano. He'll earn $12 million in the first year of the deal

Chris Bosh has reportedly agreed to a five-year deal with the Heat, beginning with an $11 million salary in 2014-15.

gently caress YOU RILEY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Riley has underground money and will fill the roster with Pau, Deng, Ariza, and Lowry because gently caress the league right

• Locked thread