Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win it all next year?
This poll is closed.
Spurs 165 32.93%
Thunder 76 15.17%
Clippers 54 10.78%
Warriors 50 9.98%
Rockets 23 4.59%
Lakers 133 26.55%
Total: 501 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_0wjFP3YsQ

Haha, Nate Robinson and Steph Curry.

What kind of inhuman monster insults Nate Robinson on twitter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Birdman and Battier are gone, Haslem is useless, Oden and Beasley aren't worth keeping around, and Wade is shot. I can't see how the Heat are viable next season.

They have LeBron James.
They will no longer have Mario Chalmers.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Miami also needs to sign an old, wheezing ring-chaser every year. It's in the new CBA.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I've been analyzing the finals play-by-play and I've determined that the Heat lost because they didn't play Michael Beasley enough.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

morestuff posted:

He was actually pretty good in Charlotte, too, the lockout just ruined him.

Spent the offseason training with elite super bowl champion Jared Lorenzen.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Who's Derrick Rose, is he that Euro the Bulls have been stashing in the Spanish League?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Chris Bosh's depiction as a dinosaur is added to the list of empirically stupid poo poo that consistently makes me laugh.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Does it really count as changing teams when you move to the Birmingham Barons?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

I have no idea who keeps buying them but the market is flooded with random autobiographies of marginally famous athletes. Like, Wayne Chrebet wrote a book and got it published.

I hope you all know that I am fuming that Nate Robinson didn't ask me to ghost write his autobiography.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bashez posted:

I'm having trouble finding the parade GDT.

Planning to point out missed jaywalking infractions?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

You guys mind if I talk LeBron from a Cavs fan POV?

I've been trying to look at things quite a bit more "objectively" this go around in terms of this "Decision".

Am I incorrect in feeling that as things stand, his best option would be to come back to the Cavs?

I may be overrating the teams talent a bit, but I feel there's a few assets there that would bode well for extending his career, and potentially getting him a few more rings.

Do you guys believe that Kyrie, Dion Waiter and Tristan Thompson are legitimate talents? I think those are the ones I can put more of a known commodity stamp on honestly. The number one pick is just really unknown right now. I mean we can speculate that Embid/Wiggins/Parker is a future All-Star, but that's just it really.

I'm trying to remove the "ZOMG! HE'S FROM HERE! IT'S HIS LEGACY!" type of feelings into this. I think they MIGHT be influential in "Decision II", but I'm not as convinced LeBron is that sentimental of a guy.

Would you guys also feel that there could be some ill-will between him and Gilbert still?

LeBron is not leaving Miami.
He is not going to the Cavaliers.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Who are the Bulls going to sign when they inevitably fail to attract a major free agent?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chunkles posted:

Patty Mills

I'm ok with this. I'll throw this out there: if the Bulls sign Mills, I'll buy a Mills shirtsey if they make them.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Listening to the latest Lowe/Simmons podcast, Simmons thinks Carmelo is going to Chicago. That's the kiss of death. Enjoy Carmelo, literally any other team in the NBA.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

morestuff posted:

Woj is reporting the Bulls could trade one of their picks for Afflalo.

Does that mean that they might be moving Jimmy Buckets?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

As a person who would like Carmelo to play in Chicago, I look forward to the constant smokescreens and made-up bullshit that I can't help but follow because I am a dumb rube.

And then he'll end up in Brooklyn or re-sign with the Knicks or something.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Melo's not coming to Chicago.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Three spot is filled with superstar wing Tony Snell.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dolan should just suit up for the squad, perform the national anthem, be the PA guy announcing the starting lineup, and then ride around on Chandler's shoulders like Master Blaster, blaming all the other players whenever the other team scores.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

He also essentially fired the New York City Dancers so he should also get a shot at that role, too

Calls timeout (because he is also the coach), runs out of the huddle, puts on a stupid hat and starts panting out blues numbers with the Straight Shot while drawing up plays during the saxophone solo.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Emanuel Collective posted:

The Peak Bulls outcome: Melo uses the Bulls as a bargaining chip. Chicago, having missed out on yet another big free agent and having tons of money with nobody to give it to, give Luol Deng the Hinrich special by resigning him for far more than he'd get anywhere else.

I wouldn't mind if Luol Deng came home and they brought over Mirotic.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm on a plane and am going to miss the entire draft. Someone pour out a :lol: post for me when some dumb team picks a stiff.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Someone put Bill Simmons into a medically-induced coma until after Melo and LeBron have made their decisions.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

True Miami lineup:

Wade
LeBron
Melo
Bosh
Darko

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

anakha posted:

N: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuKKhMls0bs

V: Dammit Silver, how are we supposed to boo you now?

when he inevitably locks out the players when the next cba expires

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Would Bosh really want to go back to Toronto? What big men would the Heat play?

Haslem is opting in.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I think what just got lost in all the draft nonsense is that :siren: Anthony Randolph is a Chicago Bull :siren:

Look at all that potential, he's going to put it together and become a superstar any day now.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I won't mind if the Bulls are sponsored by Al's Italian Beef or Mr. Submarine.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The NBA offseason is the best offseason.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It is June 28, I have accepted that the Bulls aren't going to get Carmelo, and I believe in Douglas McBuckets.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kidd has demanded to become the president of a Russian nickel mining conglomerate.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jason Kidd threw a cup of ice all over his Nets contract.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

The dream is dead, the Wolves non-tendered Robbie Hummel.

John Shurna is still available.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Taj and Noah are supposedly the guys pitching Carmelo tomorrow. Noah has been in contact with Carmelo since the All-Star break supposedly.

Would you rather hang with Noah, or glumly sit in a gym with Rose eating skittles and rehabilitating your knees in silence?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

All players who can shoot and make 3's at a consistent rate should go to the thunder

Jimmer is free agent.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I think we can all agree that there's been 24 hours of an unexpected Jason Kidd power play and there has not yet been a Grantland article comparing it to Game of Thrones.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

danucleus posted:

Charlotte Hornets' new court promo video is pretty sweet if you haven't seen it.

http://www.nba.com/hornets/video/2014/06/26/CourtRevealmp4-3311775

I wonder if Jordan took a piece of the old Bobcats' court for a room to hold all of the things he won as a professional sports executive.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

For gently caress sake anyone but Luol.

I think Pat Riley operates specifically to hurt me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kibner posted:

Of interest to Mangles (and possibly only Mangles),

Drew Crawford will be on the Pels Summer League team. Does he have any entertaining qualities to watch for? Like how I can't help but laugh at Shurna's shot release.

Crawford is an athletic wing who was used mainly as a slasher in the Northwestern offense and has some pro moves, but probably is not an NBA-caliber guy. Here are some quick Crawford Facts:

-Has a normal-looking jump shot.
-Is a Northwestern basketball player who has, in the course of his career, used something that startled Northwestern fans are calling the "dunk shot."
-Does not hail from any part of the former Yugoslavia
-Is the son of Danny Crawford, so expect him to do screw over the Mavs' summer league team

• Locked thread