Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm on social security and EBT and I still managed to set aside $100 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I've only been eating rice for a month to save money on food in order to put that into my vidyagames.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I have a job.

Gonna buy some vidya games!

Seriously though (what a stupid loving point to make your wedge issue) I already have a stupidly full library of Humble Bundle games, this sale is a wait and see.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I killed a man in Reno to keep him from buying up vidya games so I could buy more for myself.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i wrote rape erotica to fund my steam library

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
I...

...I sold my Hanzo steel.

:negative:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Drifter posted:

I've only been eating rice for a month to save money on food in order to put that into my vidyagames.

One slice of bread a day. That's like what, a whole months worth of food for 99 cents? Now I can buy COD Ghosts when it goes on sale for 39.99 usd. SAVINGS!

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

I want to buy a few friends some games, so if I can get the sale to work in my favour then yaaaay.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

47% of people in the USA where on assistance, Gaben ate the rest.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

duckfarts posted:

I...

I sold all my fedoras. What do I do if I see a woman and have nothing to tip?

Curse you Gaben! :argh:

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

duckfarts posted:

I...

Haruhi will never forgive you.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2GdRBDOmU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

holy gently caress are you serious

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

drat son

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
That is amazing. What program are people using to make stuff like this?

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
99% off DayZ would be hilarious but i could see it happening.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

One thing I'm not going to do this sale is buy indie games unless I really plan on playing them soon. There were a couple I actually bought last Summer/Winter that ended up in bundles soon after (Giana Sisters, Monaco) and also some I was very close to buying (The Swapper, Guacamelee, Dust....)

There's probably a proper Humble Indie Bundle around the corner, too.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Is the sale here yet? I might even spend a whole :10bux: if there's something I don't have already.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

im gay posted:

Pricing errors can be wonderful.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Jesus tittyfucking christ. This is amazing.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I wanted to get my badges up to date and it showed me how much I spent in DOTA2.

:(

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

duckfarts posted:

Pricing errors can be wonderful.

There are always pricing errors, and they're always wonderful.

Metro: Last Light for a penny. :allears:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

im gay posted:

And the current alpha still wouldn't be worth it. That game has years to go to be par with the original mod.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

I just opened and this has pretty much made my entire day. Thank you.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2XQBq9QpiM

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!

legit laughter right there- kudos

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
shoutouts to all you anime fans out there, here's a lil something to keep your eyes peeled for!!

THE CARPE FULGUR COLLECTION GETS DISCOUNTED EVERY GOD drat SALE, BUY IT ALREADY JESUS CHRIST

100% Orange Juice

yo anime board games?? it's no meikyuu kingdom but it's definitely not bad! fruitbat factory went out of their way to make sure steamworks was fully integrated, so buy copies for all of your friends and take them out to the juice bar w/ this game.

99 Spirits

word puzzles tucked in a shiny rpg gameplay wrapper. there's poo poo haunting your computer and you need to channel merriam webster through your ouji keyboard to save fuedal japan from their weird bullshit ghosts.

Bunny Must Die

this game is old as hell, but if you haven't played it, give it a go. its a well constructed action-adventure platformer that goes out of its way to remind you that genre conventions are dumb sometimes.

Astebreed

bored of touhous and think most shmups are lame and boring? try this poo poo out, half the time you wont even know what genre of game you're playing with astebreed! poo poo owns.

Croixleur Sigma

arcade-esque time attack beatemup where you have to be quick on your feet to fend off waves of mindless baddies faster than your childhood friend/rival and take control of the nation??

Fairy Bloom Freesia

this game is short but really god drat fun. it is a sidescroll beatemup that takes place in small stage layouts and you have to fend off weird bullshit from killing your forest, except you're really good at it because you're some crazy kick-rear end fairy with teleporting kungfu techniques and beam lasers. highly recommended, probably my favorite game out of this list.

Long Live the Queen

princess maker too creepy for you? yeah whatever you lying dirtbag. anyway this is princess maker with 99% of the creepy bullshit cut out, there's no adventure-rpg aspect like those games; but the CYOA life-as-a-soon-to-be-ruler sim is top notch, game comes recommended by many goons.

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae

do you like dmc? loving buy this game. it's not dmc by a long shot but it's a really solid character action game where you progress from arena to arena wiping out hordes of weird bullshit with sick hanzo steel maneuvers.

Naruto UNS3FB

do you like naruto? get this game. that's p much it, you wont regret it if you do. these games are fun as hell and the story modes are actually pretty decent, and if you have any friends to play against you will have a ball figuring out which weirdass magic ninja is the most op (the answer is karin heh)

One Way Heroics

the phrase "roguelike" gets thrown around a lot these days, but this one is legit. it comes with a fantastic gimmick in that as you progress to the right on the overworld, the left side is destroyed as you go along forcing you to forge ahead and make choices like a real hero should have to.

Rain Blood Chronicles: Mirage

this game does not hail from glorious nippon (it comes from beyond the great wall of china!!) but all the same, it's anime and super cool. sidescrolling beatemup with two main characters that have really cool playstyles that involve teleporting or materializing giant swords that wreck dudes. i also really enjoyed this one, but be warned that the controls and physics take some getting used to (its a lil janky at first).

SKULLGIRLS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxX7AFHmOCI
YO BEST FIGHTER OF THE GENERATION [ALL GENERATIONS]. if you like fitegames or are even considering getting into fitegames, check out this game. it's really good and in the process of getting more characters added to the roster RIGHT NOW.

Ys series

these are some of the most classic action adventure rpgs to come out of japan, remastered and brought to you by gaben himself. do yourself a favor and check out this series (but if you have to pick only one, most people will say to get felghana)

anime is the sickest, qtiyd

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Sweet Jesus. Tomorrow is the day.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Magrunner: Dark Pulse is free over on GOG http://www.gog.com/frontpage

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
B-be gentle, Gaben-kun. It's my first time...

To that point, if you add something to your cart at sale price but only check out later, does the price change to whatever the current going rate is? My bank might get iffy if there's suddenly a bunch of really low purchases.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

Junkenstein posted:

One thing I'm not going to do this sale is buy indie games unless I really plan on playing them soon. There were a couple I actually bought last Summer/Winter that ended up in bundles soon after (Giana Sisters, Monaco) and also some I was very close to buying (The Swapper, Guacamelee, Dust....)

There's probably a proper Humble Indie Bundle around the corner, too.

Yeah, I learned this a while back, and now I don't buy indie games on Steam sales unless they're like a buck fifty or less. Also, oddly enough, the best indie bundles tend to follow in the month or so after the summer and winter sales.

I'm not really hoping for much in the way of discounts this sale. A really cheap Bioshock Infinite, maybe? I dunno.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Radio Paranoia posted:

To that point, if you add something to your cart at sale price but only check out later, does the price change to whatever the current going rate is? My bank might get iffy if there's suddenly a bunch of really low purchases.

That's why a lot of people just do one transaction to add cash to their Steam wallet. The price will definitely change when the sale ends.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Devil Wears Wings posted:

Yeah, I learned this a while back, and now I don't buy indie games on Steam sales unless they're like a buck fifty or less. Also, oddly enough, the best indie bundles tend to follow in the month or so after the summer and winter sales.

I'm not really hoping for much in the way of discounts this sale. A really cheap Bioshock Infinite, maybe? I dunno.

And that's why some indie devs are getting real sick of bundles. :wink:

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Radio Paranoia posted:

I'm pretty sure that if you have an item in your cart, but then the sale price expires, that the cart automatically updates with the new price.

In terms of having a bunch of really low purchases, you could just add money directly to your steam wallet in a larger amount (e.g., $50 bucks a pop or whatever), and then spend out of your steam wallet rather than having each game purchase be a charge to your bank/credit card.

e:fb -- What revtoiletduck said. Also, putting a set amount in your steam wallet is a good way to try to stay within budget for the Steam Sale.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Bhodi posted:

There are a ton of "AAA" titles for $10-15 around a year after they are released. Why WOULDN'T you wait? There are literally more games than you could ever play, why pay 4x the cost to ride the edge of release?

There are a few games that just fill some niche and I know that I'm going to really like them and/or everybody will be talking about them, and I want to join the conversation or I'm so hype for them that I can't wait any longer to play them. Some other games may've been console exclusives in the past but then get ported to PC, so I tend to buy those shortly after release too.

It mainly depends on how much money I have at the time and how much time has passed between first hearing about the game and its release on Steam.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think I'm gonna take a day off from work for the big occasion!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

therealjon_ posted:

I think I'm gonna take a day off from work for the big occasion!

Pssh... I'm just going to use my phone's Steam app to browse the Flash Deals and make purchases. Already have funds in my Steam wallet! :getin:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Yodzilla posted:

And that's why some indie devs are getting real sick of bundles. :wink:

That sounds suspiciously like "Steam sales lower the price people are willing to pay for games."

Anyway, Transistor needs to hurry up and be in a $1 bundle.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
The last Steam Sale thread convinced me to buy this game so....

Euro Truck Simulator 2 It's a game about driving a delivery truck around Europe and starting a haulage business. It might not sound it but it's utterly amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

FYI gog.com has a bunch of sale budles up that I can only assume is a preemptive response.

Though I dont know enough about these things to identify any sweet deals in there.

• Locked thread