Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

This could be nothing.

This is gonna be a good thread, I can already see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The actual new Ice Climbers is Lost Planet style, you know this to be true.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Resident Evil Revelations did good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It will never mean more Megaman, if anything it will mean less.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It means more Dark Void.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Itsuno (And by extension the rest of the DMC4 team) still works for the company and that's all I need to care about Capcom.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TaurusOxford posted:

Too bad you're never going to see another DMC game by that or any other team again. :v:

Says who? You and the myriad of other whiny goons who think a franchise dies because a game didn't sell well?

toasterwarrior posted:

i want to believe, motherfuckeeeer

Platinum buys the DMC IP, the sons of Sparda go home to daddy Mikami

Mikami doesn't work for Platinum and I wouldn't want anyone from Platinum to handle DMC anyways.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 17, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Capcom has to announce a game first before it can be cancelled.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uh that sounds like a solid cast to me, I dunno about you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As long as Monster Hunter, SF, and RE are making Capcom the dolla dollas they'll be fine.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is assuming that after MH in 2015 they will continue to bring the series over.

It'll still make money in Japan by itself like it always did. Yes though, bringing the games to the west will make them more of the dollar bills.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Eh, no reason to despair. poo poo happens, life moves on, c'est la vie.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Megaman has only been a seller in the west. Even there it's debatable what part of it actually made money since only so many titles made or even broke a million and they are not shared between series'.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a Capcom developed game announced for TGS.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Quest For Glory II posted:

Ace Attorney 6 probably.

Yeah probably, Ace Attorney's on its big run right now and the Meiji Era game seems like a spin-off rather than a full blown thing. I'd say maybe a new fighter or god-willing DMC, but even Dragon's Dogma 2 would be cool.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I think after AA5 met their expectations it's safe to say Capcom is gonna support western releases in the future. I mean the fact they distributed digitally only probated helped out quite a bit so they will probably be taking that approach in the future as well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Layton Wright being released just now is Level 5's fault, not Capcom's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
According to Capcom's total sales unit data Megaman only moved about 30,000,000 units across 131 games and it doesn't actually specify which games made the money. Compare this to say Street Fighter with 35,000,000 spread across 77 titles, Resident Evil with 61,000,000 across 89 titles, and hell even DMC's 13,000,000 million is pretty impressive with the 19 titles that exist of it. Only reaching 30 mil while having the highest number of titles released is not a good thing.

Then again the fact that the Megaman games made 30 mil across all 131 games is shocking enough to me.

Here is the data for those curious

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/salesdata.html

• Locked thread