Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Nintendo, please buy them.

Even if Capcom isn't actually for sale, just smash through their front doors and plant your flag in the CEO's office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Quest For Glory II posted:

I hope they get bought out by a really rich eccentric Ace Attorney fan and the company just puts out nothing but Ace Attorney games and all of them come to the US.

You're on. I'll pitch in what I have.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

I said come in! posted:

Has Capcom announced any games being canceled?

Megaman Legends 3 :downsrim:

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 18, 2014

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah probably, Ace Attorney's on its big run right now and the Meiji Era game seems like a spin-off rather than a full blown thing.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban is straight from Takumi and he declares it to be part of the main series, so he might be looking to make it a trilogy in its own right. I expect to get more info on it at TGS and possibly AA6's announcement. I just hope Capcom's financial trouble doesn't keep these games from western releases.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Quest For Glory II posted:

I think Nintendo will try to get those games localized since AA5 met expectations and Nintendo is looking for any third party support with 3DS that they can get. They made a point of it to talk about Layton/Wright in several Nintendo Directs, and not just as part of a sizzle reel, so they consider both series to be important.

Maybe just everything being eShop only has me nervous. I recall seeing someone mention Nintendo stopped Capcom from releasing the rerelease of the first three games on Xbox but I can't seem to find an actual source on it. If that's true, it sounds like they do consider it a valuable series.

(Phoenix for Smash Bros.)

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Beef Waifu posted:

Layton Wright being released just now is Level 5's fault, not Capcom's.

They didn't even change the voice actors. What the hell took so long? Did they just set the dialog down with a single unpaid intern and tell him to take out all the U's Americans don't use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Bovineicide posted:

How profitable was RE6? I know it sold a lot of copies, but that's not enough if they're pissing money away during development (BS:I, for one).

I didn't find any actual numbers, but I did find this quote:

Capcom posted:

"As a result, [Resident Evil 6] did not meet with our projection," the company's statement reads. "In contrast, Dragon's Dogma became a greater-than-expected hit product in the domestic market, which has high profitability, and became an unprecedented million seller in the recent years as an original title."

Looks like the Dragon's Dogma fans might be seeing more from the series if that's the case.

• Locked thread