Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jdrew
Mar 10, 2007
there was some confusion
I work for a large school and we often come across students with strange/funny names. The names usually just get passed around as we deal with records, casually mentioning whatever we are working on at the time, but I've been writing down the extreme cases. I'd like to write online about them but I'm worried about legal problems and I'm open to hearing that it might a dick thing to do as far as the kids are concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Well as far as I can guess they're either going to have names like Mike Hunt or you're just discovering foreign names.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Even if it dosent mean the same thing in the persons own country, a name with 'poo' or 'bong' in it is just plain funny.

There are lots more but these are the first two i thought of.

Joshie
Oct 29, 2001

MAYOR OF PIGTOWN
It would be a dick thing to do. Any kid with a unique and funny name is already going to get poo poo on on social media for his entire school life; they don't need the staff chipping in.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Yeah, please don't do that. It's not harming anyone except the kids themselves for the parents being rotten people. :( If one of aforementioned kids found it, or one of the kid's classmates, it could be open for all kinds of bullying, above and beyond what the kid is likely facing to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jdrew
Mar 10, 2007
there was some confusion
Fair points, I don't want anyone to get bullied. I won't tweet the silly names.

• Locked thread