Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
I hope John Cena chucks stairs into the faces of every person who's currently employed by WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Isn't the tactical vest heavy?

Feels like Im wearing nothing at all!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

PWTorch has learned that WWE's latest head writer Jay Gibson was cut by WWE CEO Vince McMahon over the weekend.

pucking

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Next week Vicky might die for falling for Roman's subtle handsome machinations -- will face Reigns save her. I like to think he might.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I am really hoping "I'M GONNA HUCK THESE FUCKIN STEEL STEPS AT YOU FROM THE RING" is one of Cena's signature moves now

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Supreme Allah posted:

Next week Vicky might die for falling for Roman's subtle handsome machinations -- will face Reigns save her. I like to think he might.

In ring sexathon when he wins the WWE WHC title.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mob posted:

I am really hoping "I'M GONNA HUCK THESE FUCKIN STEEL STEPS AT YOU FROM THE RING" is one of Cena's signature moves now

I liked Sheamus chucking the ladder more.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

I can see the improvement immediately! *spikes coffee*

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Mob posted:

Except the other half of that exchange will only ever be "OK! I'LL HALF HEARTEDLY BLOCK THEM WITH BOTH HANDS THEN SORT OF AWKWARDLY FLOP BACKWARDS"

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Codependent Poster posted:

I liked Sheamus chucking the ladder more.

Yeah on the replay you can tell that is clips Rowan just enough for him to really be able to sell pain the way he was slapping the mat.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Three hour raw sucks rear end. This show would have been an all-timer if you cut the fat and made it two hours.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

have they suddenly decided that the ambulance match is kane's signature match type or something

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jackie D posted:

Why did HHH allow this???

While Vickie was distracted by Roman's seduction, he doctored HHH and Steph's drinks. By pure luck HHH knocked his over Vickie but Steph drank hers and projectile vomited all over Vickie (seriously), so Triple H took her to the hospital and left Vickie in charge. Vickie angrily agreed to let Roman into the Battle Royale, either because she was still seduced from earlier or because she was so angry about her humiliations that she really wasn't paying any attention to what he was saying.

Meanwhile, Dean Ambrose was just flat out attempting to murder Seth Rollins or anybody who happened to be in the near-vicinity of where Seth Rollins had recently been.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
All I'm thinking about is how awesome JBL & Cole Show is gonna be when Stardust debuts on it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That Raw owned. The ONLY part I dislike about Roman basically keeping the Shield gear and entrance and theme is I fear it might lessen the eventual pop when hopefully anywhere from 6 months to two years down the line we get the original SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sex Robot posted:

Except the other half of that exchange will only ever be "OK! I'LL HALF HEARTEDLY BLOCK THEM WITH BOTH HANDS THEN SORT OF AWKWARDLY FLOP BACKWARDS"

Unless you're Bray, in which case you block the steps with your loving face.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That Raw owned. The ONLY part I dislike about Roman basically keeping the Shield gear and entrance and theme is I fear it might lessen the eventual pop when hopefully anywhere from 6 months to two years down the line we get the original SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA.

I feel like there is a lot of denial going on in this post. But it just means you have a lot of love in your heart Foochs. :)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

I feel like there is a lot of denial going on in this post. But it just means you have a lot of love in your heart Foochs. :)

I think you're nuts if you don't think there will EVENTUALLY be a Shield reunion. They were one of the hottest stables ever, broken up at their peak. If they reunited DX in '06, and if they reunited Evolution in 2014, they'll reunite The Shield eventually.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I think it proved the Shield's goal.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I think theres a very important person missing from the Shield who might have been a factor in DX and Evolution reforming.

I am referring of course to Dave Batista.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shield will reform in a few years and we'll flip our poo poo over it. Til then we've got our memories~

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think you're nuts if you don't think there will EVENTUALLY be a Shield reunion. They were one of the hottest stables ever, broken up at their peak. If they reunited DX in '06, and if they reunited Evolution in 2014, they'll reunite The Shield eventually.

Hey man none of us, especially me, have spent hours fantasy booking Shield reunions that happen a couple years from now and oh my god the pop

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Teddybear posted:

Shield will reform in a few years and we'll flip our poo poo over it. Til then we've got our memories~

Pretty much this.

Until them I'm sure they'll all do awesome stuff by themselves too. :)

Mob posted:

Hey man none of us, especially me, have spent hours fantasy booking Shield reunions that happen a couple years from now and oh my god the pop

I deserve that. :smith:

rafiki
Mar 23, 2010
Stardust is top of my Fave 5 and so is his theme. Push Stardust.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I'm almost sad I stopped watching after the vomit segment because Stardust sounds ridiculous in the best kind of way :allears:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The best thing about Stardust was that Cody completely changed his move set and in-ring mannerisms for it. He is great.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I wanna get the Reigns tune as my ringtone/alarm. That'll wake you up.

(I would get it now but I'd rather not the NATO alphabet at the start.)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dimebags Brain posted:

The best thing about Stardust was that Cody completely changed his move set and in-ring mannerisms for it. He is great.

Seriously that was loving incredible to the point of almost being vaguely disturbing. Is that what the Keiji Mutoh/Great Muta thing is like?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I deserve that. :smith:

I didn't mean to say it would never happen anyway, just that it happening withing the next year or even two seems really unlikely to me.

It was the fact that you would feel concern for Roman's continued use of Shield music/tacticool gear/crowd entrance possibly hurting the pop (by implication because the reunion MUST be happening soon enough for that to matter or soon enough that Roman's character/entrance couldn't change before then) that struck me as denial, not that you think they will one day reunite.

But like I said, it's just because you love them so much. I'll certainly never stop hoping that CM Punk will come back.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Dimebags Brain posted:

Yeah my girlfriend was like "he's acting SO WEIRD"(in a good way) and I told her to load up the Network and check out 1996 Goldust.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

I didn't mean to say it would never happen anyway, just that it happening withing the next year or even two seems really unlikely to me.

It was the fact that you would feel concern for Roman's continued use of Shield music/tacticool gear/crowd entrance possibly hurting the pop (by implication because the reunion MUST be happening soon enough for that to matter or soon enough that Roman's character/entrance couldn't change before then) that struck me as denial, not that you think they will one day reunite.

But like I said, it's just because you love them so much. I'll certainly never stop hoping that CM Punk will come back.

I get it, I'm being dumb. :shobon: Was more referring to Mob's post, yours less so.

Anyway rather than metaposting and poo poo let's talk more about how bizarre that Raw was in the sense that it had some of the worst poo poo ever in a dude getting inserted into a battle royal via projectile vomiting and some of the best poo poo in years like Stardust and a de facto "How It Should've Ended" for the Royal Rumble this year. I can't remember the last time I got this much whiplash from the quality of a Raw.

Oh apparently Mob wasn't giving me poo poo and that was an unironic post in which case :hfive:

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 17, 2014

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Mob posted:

Yeah my girlfriend was like "he's acting SO WEIRD"(in a good way) and I told her to load up the Network and check out 1996 Goldust.

Dusty was right. "Man, I raised some weeeeeird kids."

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I get it, I'm being dumb. :shobon: Was more referring to Mob's post, yours less so.

Anyway rather than metaposting and poo poo let's talk more about how bizarre that Raw was in the sense that it had some of the worst poo poo ever in a dude getting inserted into a battle royal via projectile vomiting and some of the best poo poo in years like Stardust and a de facto "How It Should've Ended" for the Royal Rumble this year. I can't remember the last time I got this much whiplash from the quality of a Raw.

Not that I found the vomiting stuff to be a great concept or anything, but I do like that they let Roman get ahead by using his brains and charm instead of just PUNCH EVERYTHING. The idea that he has to play smart despite being the physically dominate guy without his team behind him adds layers to his character. Him getting one over on ALL the hell authority figures at the same time and charming the pants off them so they have no idea what happened is pretty great. He's like HBK and Stone Cold all in one.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Next week: the team of Stardust and Dustin Rhodes!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Teddybear posted:

Next week: the team of Stardust and Dustin Rhodes!

No, next week Goldust is possessed by the spirit of Seven and Stardust is forced to defeat him.

Naturally the possession was brought about by an arcane ritual peformed by Bray Wyatt and is all part of Kane's plan to defeat the Undertaker.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Dimebags Brain posted:

I loved when he went up for what was going to be the springboard drop kick and then suddenly: springboard bionic elbow. The new finisher is interesting too.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Kane's plan should just be to get Brock Lesnar.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was a serious post by the way, someone with more knowledge of puro help me out. Assuming it sticks, would a good analogy for Cody/Stardust be Mutoh/Great Muta in the sense that I'm gonna assume commentary will continue to say they're the same person but at the same time they act/wrestle totally differently?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That was a serious post by the way, someone with more knowledge of puro help me out. Assuming it sticks, would a good analogy for Cody/Stardust be Mutoh/Great Muta in the sense that I'm gonna assume commentary will continue to say they're the same person but at the same time they act/wrestle totally differently?

... Oh man, if Cody stayed Cody in singles matches, but went full Stardust with Goldust... That would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Dusty was right. "Man, I raised some weeeeeird kids."

I'm hoping this whole situation escalates until we have Dusty coming out as Moondust.

• Locked thread