Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
lets sperg 'im up, boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Lowtax, can i have a big sized 'tar?

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Supersize my poo poo, homey.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

dear lowtax,

people keep calling me names, like human being, and retard, please make them stop

thank you,
sid

Romes
Jun 18, 2003

Lowtax posted:

do you

have stairs

in your house

Yes, I am protected. Grandma's at the top of the stairs.

I haven't seen the legit answer in ages. Basically the forums are running 'okay' but it's your user base, especially in GBS that seems to be 4chan posting one word threads, empty quoting, posting untrue things, and just generally being racist degrading homophobes at every turn. I remember a time, oh in the early 2000's, where people were completely welcome to do that, in FYAD. GBS was a place where you would get prob'd / banned for complete zero effort threads, poo poo posting, etc, that did nothing more than infect the forums and blur out any real threads someone put marginal effort into. The reason the forums/threads used to be so awesome was because effort was encouraged. The real reason they're going to complete poo poo is because now days, effort it's made fun of.

nny_ix
Apr 26, 2006

What?

I'm making things interesting!

Romes posted:

I haven't seen the legit answer in ages. Basically the forums are running 'okay' but it's your user base, especially in GBS that seems to be 4chan posting one word threads, empty quoting, posting untrue things, and just generally being racist degrading homophobes at every turn. I remember a time, oh in the early 2000's, where people were completely welcome to do that, in FYAD. GBS was a place where you would get prob'd / banned for complete zero effort threads, poo poo posting, etc, that did nothing more than infect the forums and blur out any real threads someone put marginal effort into. The reason the forums/threads used to be so awesome was because effort was encouraged. The real reason they're going to complete poo poo is because now days, effort it's made fun of.

I haven't been on the forums for quite a while. I have to say that I agree with this completely. Content is at an all time low on GBS so it's mostly unfunny.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I didn't notice a problem with the forums and I'm posting here all the goddamn time.

Edit: Well, not a technical problem, anyway.

Miracle Max posted:

Dear Lwotax,

Love,
Dubbie's Hamburg Hous

How does it pull the trigger?

The Bible fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 17, 2014

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Romes posted:

Didn't we have this discussion in November 2013? I liked the old 1.0 and like the new 1.whatever even more.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

If the new GBS really bugs you, lol.

It's a web forum, you don't have to post here.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Hello Lowtax
Hello Shmorky
Here I am at
Camp BYOB
The boards are really
hardly working
And shmorky's fetishes are disconcerting

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Romes posted:

The reason the forums/threads used to be so awesome was because effort was encouraged. The real reason they're going to complete poo poo is because now days, effort it's made fun of.

This is truth. People used to be funny and entertaining by making pictures. Now it's just thread after thread of unfunny losers trying to be funny with words and if I wanted to talk to unfunny losers I'd go outside.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Romes posted:

Im 'bout to flex on this gerber rear end baby.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Faggots detected.
Romes
nny_ix
Cheap Shot

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol a dude actually argued that old gbs was better holy poo poo its really happening

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Romes posted:

Fly away, fly away to a subforum. That's where effort posting went. GBS is generally for bullshitting so chill out hth

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Cheap Shot posted:

This is truth. People used to be funny and entertaining by making pictures. Now it's just thread after thread of unfunny losers trying to be funny with words and if I wanted to talk to unfunny losers I'd go outside.

you want funny pictures go subscribe to Highlights Magazine, maybe learn some animal facts while youre at it.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sid Vicious posted:

lol a dude actually argued that old gbs was better holy poo poo its really happening

yeah human being, that guy just needs to know where to look: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3643672

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

lil babies filling their diapers itt

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Romes posted:

Adapt or die, gramps

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Help!
There is no place to see pictures on the internet and im too dumb/lazy to make my own

With Regards
A grown rear end baby

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know, I think that human being retard sid vicious is on to something

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Mr Low Tax what were you doing in China

(guys he has obviously secretly been replaced by a Chinese government spy by the name of Lo Tong; nobody photoshop a butt on the Chairman's head or we will be in big trouble)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
i want some onion rings

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Thrill Cosby posted:

you want funny pictures go subscribe to Highlights Magazine, maybe learn some animal facts while youre at it.

lol

seriously there was like months of debate over the pros and cons of GBS after halloween. Dozens of threads. Drama. Life and Death.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
if you want to talk about Sabermetrics, you've come to the right place

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
The most epic part of sidvicious is that he's so retarded he actually thinks people are laughing with him

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Lowtax posted:

if you want to talk about Sabermetrics, you've come to the right place

f the royals

you're not taking the tigers crown

nny_ix
Apr 26, 2006

What?

Darth123123 posted:

lol

seriously there was like months of debate over the pros and cons of GBS after halloween. Dozens of threads. Drama. Life and Death.

And this is the consensus that everyone came to? Fair enough. Though I am a little concerned that GBS still has yet to realize that blatant use of the word "human being" is homophobic and homophobia is a stupid waste of time.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Toad on a Hat posted:

f the royals

you're not taking the tigers crown
the Tigers seem more than willing to give it up themselves

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

dad gay. so what posted:

I don't know, I think that human being retard sid vicious is on to something

i think this is the first time someone called me both at once lowtax please help me

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Lowtax posted:

the Tigers seem more than willing to give it up themselves

yeah i know :(

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case
Dear Lowtax

I hope you are well :)

Love,
A lunatic on the internet

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Sid Vicious posted:

i think this is the first time someone called me both at once lowtax please help me
take solace in the knowledge you will never be hated as much as me

nny_ix
Apr 26, 2006

What?

Dear Lotad

I never played 3rd gen Pokemon games.

I might for the re-release just to pad out my 3DS library

Love
A guy who's probably too old to play Pokemon

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i like you lowtax

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
unban KeepItReal

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

t3h z0r posted:

unban KeepItReal
dont gently caress with debt

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lowtax can you unban my old account i autobanned because i had a bad day and i miss my halloween reg date

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
RICHARD

The ten bucks I gave you should guarantee me, a FUTURE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, a better forums experience!

Signed,

prob like 80% of your lovable weirdo-degenerate userbase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
lowtax can you give me sid vicious' home address I want to send him something

• Locked thread