Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
Your friend sounds like a soft person. Most people like that accept their parents views and become weirdo conservatives. in a liberal parenting environment that doesnt happen. your friend needs to hang out with the non crazy conservatives. tell him to go to church functions, not churches exaxtly, because he will find similarly soft people there. maybe even not so crazy ones. people who are telling you that he needs to be thrown in the fire dont understand that his softness makes him have an aversion to thrills. normal people seem insanely adrenaline hungry to him right? does he also hate carnival rides?

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 641 days!

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
go outside you piece of poo poo goony motherfucker

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Horrorosaurus posted:

Go post in the Bitcoin thread bitch you aren't welcome elsewhere

That hurts my feelings

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
put a paperweight in a sock and beat him with it until he gets over himself op

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
you self are

kill

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
BYOB 8.2: No no no, we said CHILL yourself

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Darth123123 posted:

That hurts my feelings

Didn't you donate to Star Citizen or Doobie? the BTC thread fits you, bitch

lol at your efforts in the BTC thread in light of you donating to another disaster

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Pudding Space posted:

So she could get laid without drinking, relying on her natural attributes, but you couldn't get laid until you were over 25?
You're not doing much for the cause here, brother.

Dumbass do you know how to read?

I said I didn't drink until I was 25 but managed to get laid before that anyway.

Kablamo!
Jul 5, 2013

Sabel posted:

I've gone into the outside world to re-observe society. The sign language of emotion I once knew has been replaced by a matrix of interrelated equations. Lines of force twist and elongate between people, objects, institutions, ideas. The individuals are tragically like marionettes, independently animate but bound by a web they choose not to see; they could resist if they wished, but so few of them do.

At the moment I'm sitting at a bar. Three stools to my right sits a man, familiar with this type of establishment, who looks around and notices a couple in a dark corner booth. He smiles, motions for the bartender to come over, and leans forward to speak confidentially about the couple. I don't need to listen to know what he's saying.

He's lying to the bartender, easily, extemporaneously. A compulsive liar, not out of a desire for a life more exciting than his own, but to revel in his facility for deceiving others. He knows the bartender is detached, merely affecting interest -- which is true -- but he knows the bartender is still fooled -- which is also true.

My sensitivity to the body language of others has increased to the point that I can make these observations without sight or sound: I can smell the pheromones exuded by his skin. To an extent, my muscles can even detect the tension within his, perhaps by their electric field. These channels can't convey precise information, but the impressions I receive provide ample basis for extrapolation; they add texture to the web.

Normal humans may detect these emanations subliminally. I'll work on becoming more attuned to them; then perhaps I can try consciously controlling my own expressions.

Hey that was pretty cool, you should keep writing. Don't believe everything you think though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Kablamo! posted:

Hey that was pretty cool, you should keep writing. Don't believe everything you think though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Understand_(story)

• Locked thread