Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
So I've got this friend who is in his thirties, and he's had literally one date with a women in his entire life (and that's only because she approached him and asked him out), and that's basically the entire history of his social interaction with women.

He's decent looking and a nice guy, and definately not gay, but he's beta as gently caress when it comes to women. Any advice on how to get him to come out of his shell? (He doesn't drink or do drugs btw).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Haha, lolling IRL at everyone here who thinks I'm talking about myself.

Seriously, this is a guy I've known for a few years now. I'm pretty sure he's not a sperg, but I think he has some sort of OCD. Not creepy in any way, good humoured, but shy as all hell around womens.

Very square though when it comes to the whole "no alcohol" thing, and he always goes bed at a sensible time etc. He plays vidya games, but he's nowhere near the level of a poopsocker or anything.

There is literally no way in hell I could get him to go to a prossie.

Hmmm, I've just realised he has basically the same personality as Steve Carrell's character in The 40 Year Old Virgin. Maybe I should watch that film again for ideas.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Kirk Johnson posted:

Have your tried explaining to him that the whole "no alcohol" thing is probably directly responsible for the fact that he's never touched a tit?

Yeah I actually had a conversation with him about this. He's really not gonna start drinking. He really doesn't like feeling drunk or having any loss of control. It also doesn't help with him having OCD and incredibly strict "rules" about not drinking and stuff. I dunno.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Some of you are asking whether he's shown any signs of being bothered by it and wanting to change. He doesn't seem that bothered, but I get the impression there's a lot of denial going on.

About the drinking - I've never badgered him about this too hard, because I know he finds it annoying when a drinker (i.e. me) is telling him to neck beers, especially as I know I've made a drunken arse of myself in front of him many times over the years.

• Locked thread