Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Has anyone watched the DVD release of season 1? It appears to have some, but not much, creator and actor commentary. I hope season 2 gets a full commentary track for every episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010
Just marathoned the first two seasons of this and loved every minute.

This show has almost filled the empty void left by Breaking Bad. Not quite the same type of drama but excellent nontheless. I really like the surreal qualities. Although the whispering in hushed tones in every other scene does get overplayed.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
I also just finished watching both seasons over the last couple weeks, great show. Right up there with True Dick and The Leftovers for best I've seen on TV for years. I really miss Kerwin.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Whose Christopher? Daniel mentions he was there when Hannah was raped/had sex.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

warcrimes posted:

I also just finished watching both seasons over the last couple weeks, great show. Right up there with True Dick and The Leftovers for best I've seen on TV for years. I really miss Kerwin.

I told my partner that Kerwin is now my favorite television character.

Currently marathoning through S2, this show just kills me, Daniel is visiting Kerwin's family

He was my friend... and I miss him every day. :qq:

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

PriorMarcus posted:

Whose Christopher? Daniel mentions he was there when Hannah was raped/had sex.

Unknown, for now.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I hope season 2 goes up on Netflix pretty soon. I've been telling all of my friends who loved Breaking Bad, who love all the classic HBO stuff, to watch this show, and a couple of them got hooked. The viewership for Rectify is really low considering it's only on Sundance, but season 1 is on Netflix, so we should all try to get people to watch and give it some steam heading into season 3. This is the best dramatic show on television by a mile.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Maybe my favorite scene in the last season was (well, it was between two episodes) Daniel and Tammy in the motel room. From Tammy's questioning of God, Daniel slowly walking to her and dancing, and then the aftermath of Daniel telling her what he did to Teddy. The unfolding of emotion is really terrific, and even as the viewer, we want happiness for them and for them to be together, and the dancing is almost a fever dream, and then the next episode it's all, "oh right, Daniel can be kind of a monster." The nuance of Daniel's character is some drat good writing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

el oso posted:

Unknown, for now.

Was Christopher not the Sheriff?

fake edit: Nope. I assumed that's who he was talking about. Hmm.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Maybe my favorite scene in the last season was (well, it was between two episodes) Daniel and Tammy in the motel room. From Tammy's questioning of God, Daniel slowly walking to her and dancing, and then the aftermath of Daniel telling her what he did to Teddy. The unfolding of emotion is really terrific, and even as the viewer, we want happiness for them and for them to be together, and the dancing is almost a fever dream, and then the next episode it's all, "oh right, Daniel can be kind of a monster." The nuance of Daniel's character is some drat good writing.

Her name is Tawney, and I agree. Great scene and a lot of great dialogue.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I think the best scene of the season (and the series so far) was Daniel and Kerwin in the field with the headless statue. One of the most incredible scenes I've ever seen on TV, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Her name is Tawney, and I agree. Great scene and a lot of great dialogue.

Ugh what a brain fart haha.

• Locked thread