Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I watched this show because of you guys talking about it in the chat thread, and it was great. Trying to get some family members with Netflix to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
So how many of you S1 live-watchers thought he killed Ted Jr. before the finale?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

drat, things got really bad for Daniel after Kerwin's death.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Is Trey planning on planting that gun and wallet, I wonder?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I mean, if Trey really plants George's stuff, then I'd say he clearly becomes suspect #1. I suppose you could argue that we're supposed to be suspicious of him and that makes him a possible red herring, but still...

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

So why did Trey go to see George's dad? My guess is that he looked at George's call history and saw that he made a call home, so if that's true he wanted to see if George's dad would tell him about it or lie. I'd further guess that George told him the truth and that's why he wanted Trey to gently caress off without outright saying it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah, I like that the sheriff is getting more complex. Other than harassing Amantha on the road, he didn't really give much of a poo poo about the mailbox explosion. He's still shady-as-gently caress-Trey's friend, so I'm waiting for some conflict there down the road.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Ubiquitous_ posted:

What I'm saying is we really need Daniel/Tawney scenes again.
Yeah, Tawney's been really isolated these past two episodes. Only having scenes at home with Ted Jr.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Fooz posted:

Is the younger guy Daniel's brother, or half-brother (ted sr.'s son)?

Half-brother.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Is it Southern? I'm Californian and my mom made monkey bread from time to time.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's a big difference in the eyes of the law if an object, in this case coffee grounds, have been forced into your anal cavity rather than some have just matriculated into your general crack area.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think Trey and George raped her, but I don't think George was involved in her death. He seemed very sincere when he asked Trey if he killed her (Trey seemed far less sincere when he returned the question, not to mention the suspicious stuff Trey's done since then).

I think the guilt from the rape and guilt from framing Daniel by lying on the stand is enough for George to kill himself.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 14, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Part of me is afraid that this show is going to have a really sad ending where no one ever discovers Trey's shady actions, and Daniel ends up re-convicted.

Though maybe they'll gently caress with us and have Daniel lose his re-trial and go back on death row, but then the Sheriff finds Georgie's body which leads to Daniel being exonerated and released again. Happy ending.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I've been waiting for a Daniel/Trey scene.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Again, Trey is totally the real killer. Daniel/Trey scenes were pretty frickin' tense.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 2, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I can't imagine any reason why he grabbed George's gun other than he's planning on planting it somehow.

e: He can wait until Daniel conks out, put the gun in his pocket, call the local police to report the disturbance, book it home, and make sure George's body is discovered. gently caress.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Aug 2, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If they do a season for Daniel's re-trial, I'd expect the main B-plot to be the Sheriff finding George's body and realizing that things aren't adding up and investigating deeper. If Daniel gets exonerated, I just think it would be cool if the Sheriff is the one to do it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

All episode I was expecting Teddy to make a thing out of Tawney not seeming sad enough about the miscarriage, but he kept taking it further and further than I thought he would.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If the plea deal gets rejected on account of the Teddy assault, do they have to throw out the new "confession" or can that be used at the trial?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Riled Shareef posted:

Teddy was asking the Sheriff if it was too late to testify about the COFFEE INCIDENT. That's what that was about I'm almost certain. I guess he decided to go through with it since he's hit rock bottom. Family be damned so long as he can rid himself of Daniel.

And I think that's probably why there will be a trial next season. The prosecution will use the Coffee Incident as leverage to put rape and jailtime back on the table, Daniel will probably say "no", and we get a trial.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

precision posted:

- Was the waitress/prostitute (the one the Senator and Daniel have now both had sex with) actually at Lezlie's house and I didn't recognize her? I seriously thought I had missed an episode when he woke up in her bed. Going into next season, I really want to know what her deal is. She was nice to Amantha and obviously cares for Daniel (seems to be about the same age too). As far as I know she also never gave any opinion on Daniel being guilty or not. I had her pegged as a much more important character than she has been so far, based on her season 1 relationship with the Senator.

She was at the party, but I don't remember if we actually saw her in the episode. She mentioned Lezlie and his parties to Daniel that morning.

I think she was on the Senator's "side" at the start, but now thinks he's probably innocent.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Of course, if Teddy had only told Daniel to stay away from Tawney, the Coffee Incident wouldn't have happened at all.

• Locked thread