Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
Many Rectify episodes have me holding back tears at the most surprising things sometimes. I'm so grateful to know about this show and to be watching it with you folks.

The final scene of the S2 premiere just destroyed me, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
Having a ten episode order vs another six has made it a little awkward sometimes, since the show now has to expand into the other characters a bit more. What is up with the redheaded son though? He is just never home, and is given nothing to do.

But I enjoyed the coffee rape conversations as much as everyone else, it seems. Still think this is an excellent show and needs so much more love. Daniel interacting with random people usually gives me my favorite scenes.

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
This show's got a helluva cast. Many of the characters have been sat in the corner for awhile now (Ted Sr and Jared for example, the latter I sometimes forget even exists)but if they're ever called upon for more material they knock it out of the park.

I always enjoy the strange characters they have Daniel bump into. The party scenes in the last chunk of the hour were pretty tense and, as is often the case when Daniel is by himself, somewhat hallucinatory. I'm glad the show didn't have Daniel accidentally shoot someone or something.

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013

precision posted:

We aren't sure what those last two shots that Trey heard were, though. :ohdear:

Trey is a shady mother fucker. He's not gonna go and investigate the shots, is he?

Also, the intense side of Daniel kind of scares me and I miss when all we saw was him gently musing over seeing a thunderstorm again with Tawney. Now he's snorting coke.

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013

Lycus posted:

Part of me is afraid that this show is going to have a really sad ending where no one ever discovers Trey's shady actions, and Daniel ends up re-convicted.

Though maybe they'll gently caress with us and have Daniel lose his re-trial and go back on death row, but then the Sheriff finds Georgie's body which leads to Daniel being exonerated and released again. Happy ending.

I've always viewed the show as pretty depressing yet life affirming at the same time. I could see Rectify ending with Daniel going back to the row but being incredibly grateful for experiencing life one last time and dying happy. Something really bittersweet, you know?

It could really go anywhere though. All I know is, I want to see the goat man again.

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
I want Daniel to go back to when he was just full of wonder about life, showering in pillow feathers, and not worrying about his innocence! :cry:

How will Bobby Dean come into the fold again? Last we've seen was the Sheriff saying maybe now he owes Daniel... and this latest episode has just reminded us about his existence.

This show is going down some dark roads now. I wonder how long McKinnon and co are planning to take Rectify?

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
Someone pointed out that the existentialism has taken a step back since the first season in favor of exploring Daniel's guilt and fleshing out the other characters. The show is still god drat amazing but I kinda hope that the events of the murder are definitively explained by the end of this season. It could drag on a bit, right?

Do you folks think the show's getting renewed?

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
Teddy was asking the Sheriff if it was too late to testify about the COFFEE INCIDENT. That's what that was about I'm almost certain. I guess he decided to go through with it since he's hit rock bottom. Family be damned so long as he can rid himself of Daniel.

Riled Shareef fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013

precision posted:

Oh, and I think it was meant to be heavily implied that Daniel is planning on killing himself once he leaves Georgia, hence the conversation with Jared: "Will I ever see you again?" "Probably not. Wait a while to tell mother."

If there weren't a third season on the way, this would have been one bleak rear end ending.

Jesus, I didn't think that at all but now I totally see what you're saying. But I do like to think that his coma-conversation with Kerwin at the very least has convinced him to give life a shot. He just has to get this Hanna business out of the way first.

How long do you guys think the show can go on at this quality? Breaks my heart to say it but I'm not sure that Rectify is a show meant to go on for MAYBE more than... 5 seasons? That might even be pushing it.

Riled Shareef fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 24, 2014

• Locked thread