Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CalvinandHobbes
Aug 5, 2004

cheerfullydrab posted:

It was specifically to show Teddy that if someone comes up behind you, chokes you out, then does stuff to you while you're passed out, you don't have a lot of say in the matter. I'm not sure if Teddy really got the point.

Yeah, Daniel said aobut the event that "It doesn't do any good to fight back" and Teddy was talking about how a real man would have fought it off and Daniel probably enjoyed it, the direct quote is "did you fight back or did you relax and enjoy it". Daniel made an attempt to tell Ted that there that it wasn't that simple and there were things he didn't know. Daniel then showed him the things he didn't know.

I'm hoping if Teddy sr. confronts Daniel then Daniel and cogently make this clear although I really doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CalvinandHobbes
Aug 5, 2004

life is killing me posted:

Ugh I knew all along there wouldn't be a resolution this season, and that was a bittersweet realization.

I felt bad for Daniel in the finale. It seems like he's given up, but I can see why. In a way he was released from prison, right into another prison, to wax a little philosophical. In the debrief scene (which was easily the most intense scene in this season by far, in my opinion), Aden Young does a very good job portraying a dude who knows he didn't kill Hannah, but just wants it all to be over, and is conflicted about what he should say in order for that to happen. I almost thought he was going to say he didn't kill her so it would go to trial and I was kind of hoping for it. The senator is basically the best antagonist I've seen in a show recently, just for whatever reason determined to see Daniel scapegoated for the murder (I would really love to see why he is so dead-set on putting Daniel away, either he really believes Daniel did it or he's protecting the guys who really did it for some reason). Basically I could just tell Daniel wanted to say that he didn't do it, but is wary of a trial because he's sick and tired of the entire town and of the senator and maybe if he can get away from the town he can just move on with his life.

Anyway, the DA(?) getting that phone call will be a good reveal the next season, and the second the scene began with the boy swinging over the river I was sort of reminded of Stand By Me and knew they'd find the body of the dude who shot himself at the end of last season. Also pretty anxious to find out what Teddy was talking about when he walked in to talk to the sheriff.

gently caress, this is a good show.

The senator built his political career on being the prosecutor who put a monster like Daniel way. He's currently running for national office and knows that having the conviction overturned would destroy his chance of winning the race. He's protecting his political career with this. That's why he insisted on the debrief and was so insistant that Daniel confess guilt and that he wasn't coerced into it.

• Locked thread