Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

heyyyyyyyyyyy bungalow bill
what did you kill
bungalow bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

abbey road is very good

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

^got to be a joker he just do what he please

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Amethyst posted:

who really thinks george is the best beatle?

come on

george harrison is the best beatle. hes not as good or prolific a songwriter as paul mccartney but otoh hes not a oval office. also the one time he got stabbed dozens of times wrestling an intruder to the ground

also all things must pass, for having almost 20 songs on the album, is a remarkably strong solo album too

in conclusion,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_niy2ZM5Jo

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

shut the gently caress up human being

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Amethyst posted:

lol you have the mental fortitude of a loving spice girls fan

woah, spice girls?? drat dude

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

tone deaf? maybe youre the one who is tone deaf if you dont like all things must pass, or maybe youre just plain deaf??

that would explain a lot, that you cant actually hear sounds

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i only have vicious fights over music with boyfriends and lovers. amethyst only qualifies as one of those things

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

one last thing i will say is that amethyst is australian

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kyrie eleison posted:

people like george most because he's a gentle and simple soul who takes an innocent and heartwarming and spiritual approach to the world. so they really mean he is the best morally, i don't know if anyone sincerely thinks he is the best artistically if you compare him to john or paul, but i guess that depends on what you think is of greater artistic value, intelligence and variety and capability of expression, or simply being able to effectively and consistently reach a virtuous place within the listener.

this is in comparison to john, the clear genius of the group who is insanely talented and intensely passionate but also highly emotional and morally unstable, often grotesquely arrogant and preachy and hypocritical, also the whole yoko thing. paul who everyone thinks is a hollow poppy sellout that focuses on excellence and professionality of craft rather than personal expression, whether he deserves that or not. and ringo who just seems like a goof.

ya i agree w/ this

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Costello Jello posted:

George plays some great slide guitar, and his song-writing contributions to the Traveling Wilburys were top notch.

traveling wilburys dude. no one else loving knows who they are in my age group and its a goddamn shame

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Cannot Find Server posted:

pet sounds did more to revolutionize music than any album by the beatles, and probably more than any other artist at all for that matter.

lmao no. i mean its a decent album but no. who the gently caress cites the beach boys as an influence

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gently caress you both for being correct im going to go kill myself

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

zombies were good. moody blues loving owned too. also when neil young got started

the who. like really goddamn

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Amethyst posted:

arguing about music is epic, and ftw

i hate it

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ncxyOBsK6Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES