Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«556 »
derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

derp posted:

This sounds really cool, but how will you know when you've finished it?

Serious question, that sounds like an extremely enjoyable way to read a book, but is there any way to be sure you've read it all? or is not knowing part of the fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

you could mark the entries you've read with a pen or something, I don't think tracking a nonlinear progress is too hard with a book

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its kind of fun because its about a person with horrible genetic deformities going through their family history of secret incest that lead to their birth

that does sound pretty fun

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

nut posted:

I’ve been on a tear of making myself read contemporary Canadian fiction but it’s been so hit or miss I need something else for a while.

One of my favourite books is Life and Death are Wearing me Out by Mo Yan. I just think it’s a very fun and memorable multigenerational story. I’ve heard the comedic parts of it are comparable to Tristram Shandy but if anyone has a better rec than that I’d love to hear it.

Edit: I should mention I have read and love 100 years of solitude because that comes to mind when I think of it

Pachinko by Min Jin Lee is a multigenerational story that i read relatively recently and enjoyed

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Thanks for all the recs they all sound great middlesex sounds hilarious and Because I was a fan of geek love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

iím reading middlemarch which also has middle in the title

«556 »