Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

james mason gave nabokov a tie which said 'gently caress communism' on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Does anyone have any recommendations with modern Korean literature? I've enjoyed what I've read of Han Kang's work (The Vegeterian and Human Acts) and I'd like to know more.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Has anybody had a chance to start Vasily Grossman's Stalingrad yet? Life and Fate was one of the most impressive books I've read ever and I'm hoping to start this soon.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"

Idaholy Roller posted:

Just to change the subject a bit but I need some books by LGBT people for the forum book challenge if anyone can help us out.

One of Patricia Highsmith's The Talented Mr. Ripley novels, or The Price of Salt (adapted into the movie Carol)

Nthing Virginia Woolf, try Orlando.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"

Jrbg posted:

Reading david hinton's anthology of classical chinese poetry. Anyone else read it? I'm barrelling through it––the translations read as good poetry in themselves but they also come with great short primers on major figures and the Chinese philosophical tradition.

Hinton is great. I've only gone through his Li Po and Tao Chi'en anthologies but I loved them both.