Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

The Democratic governor signed it!

smh, didn't vote hard enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

The Democratic governor signed it!

He ignored the vote at his peril.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

charlie baker, the republican governor of Massachusetts, just signed an executive order protecting abortion lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As opposed to loving what

One of these days you guys are going to have to say what you mean instead of walking around like a bunch of muttering Henry IIs

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

i say swears online posted:

charlie baker, the republican governor of Massachusetts, just signed an executive order protecting abortion lol

When Romney was Governor he did really surprising progressive poo poo, then he wanted to abolish PBS as a Presidential candidate, now he's a Utah jellyfish with no spine.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...f0814a0d5d42a1c

Oh hey what does Dipshit McFuckface Trump who put those pieces of poo poo on those chairs think of the ruling? Oh you think it's bad? Well no loving poo poo :fuckoff:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

One of these days you guys are going to have to say what you mean instead of walking around like a bunch of muttering Henry IIs

that's bait

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Hey, don't bring the university tenure system into this.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

More gun

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Didn't help that would be Kavanaugh assassin.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

zoux confirmed narc

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
In regard to Phelan's laundry list, they're not gonna do any of that. I don't even know how he can say that we currently put any emphasis or priority into health of mothers and their unborn children. With the urging from Clarence in his concurring manifesto, they're gonna go after the morning after pill and all contraception. Then go after gays and lesbians.

On the travel for abortions stuff, they could just punt on it by saying that the law doesn't allow people to cross state lines to commit crimes.

The scary ruling to me is the NY State gun law thing. Apparently, in spite of Scalia's feel good assurances in Heller, there are no constitutional limits on being strapped in public. Tombstone and Deadwood were documentaries.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

radical meme posted:

In regard to Phelan's laundry list, they're not gonna do any of that. I don't even know how he can say that we currently put any emphasis or priority into health of mothers and their unborn children. With the urging from Clarence in his concurring manifesto, they're gonna go after the morning after pill and all contraception. Then go after gays and lesbians.

On the travel for abortions stuff, they could just punt on it by saying that the law doesn't allow people to cross state lines to commit crimes.

The scary ruling to me is the NY State gun law thing. Apparently, in spite of Scalia's feel good assurances in Heller, there are no constitutional limits on being strapped in public. Tombstone and Deadwood were documentaries.

He may get it out of the house but it won't go anywhere

By the way the time to do something about this was sometime in the 1990s. What we are all witnessing is the triumph of 49 years of incrementalism, of the slow boring of hard boards against the headwinds of public opinion, to get around all the guardrails and norms and barriers set up against minoritarian rule. It's probably going to take just as long to reverse them.

Or people could be so pissed that there's an amendment to the constitution guaranteeing reproductive rights in five years, we'll see.

zoux fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 24, 2022

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If the Constitution prohibits states from putting any limits on the public carrying of weapons, then there's absolutely no way to regulate your loving militias.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Republicans should start subsidizing guns. They cost too much.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/OregonGovBrown/status/1540372160409006081

txdems still stuck on the wishbone smdh

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

You guys are dumb, you don't need a gun, you need a gnarly old hardwood stick with some heft to it and about 2 minutes facetime with a motherfucker who earned it

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

zoux posted:

You mistake me. The point is not cheerleading for some pathetic leftist revolution that would obviously be crushed by the right and center. The point is that blindly voting for shitheads is what got us to this point, and it is all the sclerotic shitheads on top have to offer. The fact that there is no viable alternative is not contrary to the critique, it is the critique.

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 24, 2022

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also the Dems are weak. We vote for strong winners in this state. Family of Jeb aren’t welcome.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

PostNouveau posted:

zoux confirmed narc

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I have to pretend to be a fed or Austin Red Guards won't let me in

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I flagged your entrance essays for approval from the Bureau

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
https://twitter.com/texasdemocrats/status/1540353961022160899

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think the problem is that they genuinely do think this

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
https://twitter.com/TLMArmstrong/status/1540360727675826176

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol, they deleted the tweet

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Dumbasses

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

thread caught it just in time, it had been up 2-3 hours I guess

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bananana posted:

Lol, they deleted the tweet

Cowards

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

zoux posted:

He may get it out of the house but it won't go anywhere

By the way the time to do something about this was sometime in the 1990s. What we are all witnessing is the triumph of 49 years of incrementalism, of the slow boring of hard boards against the headwinds of public opinion, to get around all the guardrails and norms and barriers set up against minoritarian rule. It's probably going to take just as long to reverse them.

Or people could be so pissed that there's an amendment to the constitution guaranteeing reproductive rights in five years, we'll see.

lol it is not going to be reversed by peaceful means

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lol it is not going to be reversed by peaceful means

Then it ain’t gonna be reversed

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Both tweets are now deleted

Edit: beaten like a progressive Democrat

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

john brown's body lies a-moulderin' in the grave,
and that's the end of the song

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

I'm sure there'll be marches and protests but rioting is not an option, not even in AOC's fever dream.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

My friend works IT at the dallas county court house and they just sent him and everyone else home because of fear of protests

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Democrats and members of their caucus control Congress.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

RisqueBarber posted:

My friend works IT at the dallas county court house and they just sent him and everyone else home because of fear of protests

a friend wants me to head to downtown Austin and fuuuuck no

Bellum
Jun 3, 2011

All war is deception.
won’t someone rid me of these troublesome justices

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Beto has done nothing but cramp our style in this mighty state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he must seduce ACB