Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

julienne fries can eat my rear end. why is there no perfect fast food place

jitb curly fries and tacos reign supreme but i want a good cheap burger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Just support your local burger places? :confused:

I love BURGER HOUSE near me that is seedy as poo poo but has super good greasy burgs

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dan's is good. So was Fran's until it closed and turned in to a goddamn TORCHYS

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

zoux posted:

Dan's is good. So was Fran's until it closed and turned in to a goddamn TORCHYS

People here always go back and forth with the torchy's vs fuegos vs freebirds debate as if you can't just drive to Bryan and get some of the best goddamned tacos and burritos at some mom and pop place.

God drat it Jesse why is your taqueria only open 4 hours a day 4 days a week

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
i dont know what they do, but a sit down texmex place near me has the best tacos. Their meat has the most amazing flavor and texture that I've never even found anything close to, and the shells are a great fluffy kind, wheat I think.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Spaced God posted:

People here always go back and forth with the torchy's vs fuegos vs freebirds debate as if you can't just drive to Bryan and get some of the best goddamned tacos and burritos at some mom and pop place.

I think you need to move back to BCS sir

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

I think you need to move back to BCS sir

i literally am posting from my apartment in bryan

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I am so impressed with pflugerville's texmex. everything is good

I'm right next to taste of Ethiopia and pretty much everything else sucks

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Austin has some amazing Chinese food and some is up north, check that poo poo out dawg

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 15, 2019

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Spaced God posted:

I love BURGER HOUSE near me that is seedy as poo poo but has super good greasy burgs

Bubba's Burger Shack has the best burgers in the state. Don't @me.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Taco Villa mexi-nacho curls are the best fries, fight me

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Spaced God posted:

God drat it Jesse why is your taqueria only open 4 hours a day 4 days a week

mad taco r good

Jesse's r also good

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/BecketAdams/status/1139647031327244290?s=19

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Has Gallery Furniture always had this dystopian marquee, or was this picture taken somewhere else?

"Texas Tribune" posted:

[...]On Thursday, Abbott gathered with state lawmakers and local leaders to sign the bills at Gallery Furniture, owned by Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale. In 2017, McIngvale opened two of his stores as shelters for Houstonians displaced by the storm.[...]

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dameius posted:

Bubba's Burger Shack has the best burgers in the state. Don't @me.

But no fryer!!! :argh:

E: the actual best though is Moon Tower Inn. But they also don't have fries.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Serious lack of Top Notch love in here ........

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Taco Palenque owns. Also I am furious about that knife in the gator's head, and the town refusing to remove the knife leaving it there to mock the gator.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

GreyjoyBastard posted:

mad taco r good

Jesse's r also good

The website for mad taco described themselves as like THE BAD BOYS OF TACOS or some other edgy poo poo so I dislike them on principle

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

But no fryer!!! :argh:

E: the actual best though is Moon Tower Inn. But they also don't have fries.

It's been a few years since I've had the chance to go to Moon Tower, but they were always wild game hot dogs, not burgers.

Also a buffalo Vegas burger with no mayo > *

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dameius posted:

It's been a few years since I've had the chance to go to Moon Tower, but they were always wild game hot dogs, not burgers.

Also a buffalo Vegas burger with no mayo > *

Go get a cheech or a chong burger asap.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Spaced God posted:

Burger house is good, but Margie's is the best local burger spot IMO

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Taco Palenque owns. Also I am furious about that knife in the gator's head, and the town refusing to remove the knife leaving it there to mock the gator.

Go ahead and remove it then.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Burger house is good, but Margie's is the best local burger spot IMO

I googled this place and was like "what the gently caress why does it say i've been here two years ago" before realizing that I was there once, on a first friday, and all that happened was I was there for like a half hour and the whole time a bunch of old men roasted my lanky 20 year old rear end.

I don't remember how the burgs were but I will check them out.

How is Casa Rodriguez? Everyone I talk to hasn't been there but swears by that La Familia place on 29th and Texas at the gas station

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Austinites touting international cuisines is always lol.

Where I come from we have all kind of Vietnamese and Khmer people and on my drives back and forth to Corpus I always stop in Palacios, so I just decided to check Yelp in both places while I was doing all this back in the States over time, and the goddamn funniest thing is people from Austin commenting on pho in places like Clear Lake or Sugar Land or Palacios and complaining that it's not as good as Austin.

Yeah, that's because it's the real thing, it's not your bullshit fusion nonsense lol. I've lived in Southeast Asia for the last 13 years and I know exactly what pho tastes like. The closest you're going to get is Los Angeles or Houston in terms of large metropolitan areas. Austin is utter bullshit, and the same goes for the Tex-Mex.

On the other hand, no one is better at BBQ and burgers and chicken fried steak and all the other comfort food in terms of major metro areas than Austin, where I lived for several years and have returned regularly.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Just lol if you are in Texas and want to take a run at the champ for not white people food. Houston has everyone beat by miles on that front.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dameius posted:

Just lol if you are in Texas and want to take a run at the champ for not white people food. Houston has everyone beat by miles on that front.

Full agreement. I say this as a person born and raised in dfw that moved to houston as an adult.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Look, I was just saying that if someone lives in Pflugerville and complains of not having good food then they are doing something wrong ok

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I’m sorry but whenever anyone mentions a food itt we are obligated to have a good food pissing contest about it

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Abbot vetoed a few of the bills I was working on. I hate him so much.

chinese hair cave
Aug 23, 2017

by Cyrano4747
Why do the Mexicans down here in San Antonio love barbacoa and big red

Like they go wild for it. poo poo isn't even that good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

chinese hair cave posted:

Why do the Mexicans down here in San Antonio love barbacoa and big red

Like they go wild for it. poo poo isn't even that good

Both those things rule

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
barbacoa yes. Big red? Wtf?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

Abbot vetoed a few of the bills I was working on. I hate him so much.

Were they Dem bills vetoed for Whitley revenge?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

food chat should be worth at least a 24 hour probation

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

zoux posted:

Were they Dem bills vetoed for Whitley revenge?

Partially - but mostly special district bills vetoed to gently caress with TML.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

Partially - but mostly special district bills vetoed to gently caress with TML.

What like MUDs

E: ooh he vetoed at least one bill by every Senat D and especially hosed up Zaffirini. He also vetoed a bill designating the Bowie knife the state knife of Texas

quote:

This is the kind of resolution that a Texas Governor would sign without thinking. Fortunately, with a little thinking and study, it was learned that a statement contained in the resolution is factually incorrect: it identifies the location of Jim Bowie’s “Sandbar Fight” as “near Natchez, Louisiana,” when in fact the fight occurred near Natchez, Mississippi. So, as a thinking Governor, I think it best not to sign a factually incorrect resolution and instead to allow the Legislature to consider this next session.

zoux fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 16, 2019

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
Which one of you had the "MAN YOGA" custom license plate I saw last weekend in Austin?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

zoux posted:

What like MUDs

E: ooh he vetoed at least one bill by every Senat D and especially hosed up Zaffirini. He also vetoed a bill designating the Bowie knife the state knife of Texas

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 22, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

food chat should be worth at least a 24 hour probation

Sonic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

barbacoa yes. Big red? Wtf?

Big Red rules you animal