Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

I thought that Wendy Davis' s website was a train wreck. First screen I got to was asking for donations and it took me a minute to find the link to skip it.

Plus I find it hard to get excited about her since I hadn't even heard of her until the whole filibuster thing.

To be fair, most Texans haven't heard of any Democrat. Republicans are on the air year round since Obama's election, and I just have access to KSAT12 in my area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Widestancer posted:

A big problem with getting students registered to vote is that many may not meet residency requirements; back in uni days I tried this and we ran into this a LOT unfortunately. That may have been an aspect of the college we were at and where we were in Texas, though, so YMMV.

I could vote on campus at UT in 2008 despite my apartment being far away, they gave me the ballot for my district. I've heard they aren't doing that anymore though.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

At least rich kids who become lawyers can start up some lovely firm, only to have it bought out and they just keep doing it until they become millionaires before they're 30.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also a big gently caress you to Time Warner for cutting off SA news to my town.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Every candidate, every governor's race has been described as "energizing the party, you gotta give credit to (him/her)!"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:lol: at some Medicare fraud doctor running for senate, and he's not even liberal.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sardonik posted:

My grades were so bad coming out of High School I didn't even bother applying to UT, St. Edward's across the river accepted me though, and it was pretty great all things considered. :unsmith:

I got poo poo grades once in university and I transferred into UT with a 2.8.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Saw the owner of madam mam's chase a guy down the street for not tipping.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Perry's been indicted by a grand jury for abuse of power over his veto for Public Integrity Unit funding :getin:

http://www.texastribune.org/2014/08/15/grand-jury-indicts-perry-abuse-authority/

I just got this pushed to me by NPR so please, please let this be serious!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Really? I think this kind of stuff is perfect for playing the victim to the left-wing witch hunt out to get him.

His party controls nearly every organ in the state and though they constantly poo poo on the board that Democrats currently 'control with iron fist' it makes you look pretty bad when you can get away with it with impunity be it not for those rascally powerless demoncrats.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jerry Jones is awoken late in the night from the one phone with only one number on it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The video of the DA is on youtube and its pretty bad. This won't even register an asterisk on Perry's career. Why be President, who needs it when you're head honcho, and Democrats help carry water for you by calling your office powerless? Good insurance to make that video public last year and then just blow it all everywhere now.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 17, 2014

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Because to break the Democratic machine you have to go after teachers, also there are a shitload of education majors and idiots in college who agree with guys like Abbot that public schools have failed and the future is private education where competition will drive the no good students out of universities and only good, young Republicans from Dallas suburbs can go to school.

Minorities can take online courses get a clown degree and stay out of sight of real Texans who work everyday to put pansy liberals at UT through school.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

That was a summary of every gipper in that comment sections posts.

The issue is also a winning one for Abbot because a lot of kids are taking online courses for things like elective courses or pre-college credit out of high school and people will get that confused with the degree mill he wants to turn the a&m and UT system into, and finish Perry's dedicated work to destroying any competent future for the state.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Commuter rail ain't going to do dog poo poo, and everywhere they will decide to build it in Austin will serve like 10 people.

While your at it make it warrant capital punishment to drive under the speed limit.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm glad to be wrong, but I'm far away from central texas, and as such it is my birth right to fling inflammatory claims!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Austin has a yellow brick road in the minds of hundreds of thousands, but it's backed up for miles, and also it is inconvenient how few big box stores there are. Assimilate Austin.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I know this is not germane, but I had been without health insurance for while until recently and found HEB pharmacy discount card a useful tool as it lowered the prescription bills a bit, are there other pharmacy places that offer a discount card like that? I didn't even know it existed until I decided to use their pharmacy.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Build a highway that goes from my place of residence directly to Mama Fu's.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

http://www.citizensforethics.org/blog/entry/oped-perry-deserved-indictment

Stick a fork in this scrub already jesus.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

e_angst posted:

Yea, racial categories in Spanish colonies that informed that view real like some kind of insane D&D chart for racists.

In my experience within Mexico, this is enforced at the door of night clubs by bouncers who charge varying degrees of money depending on what you look like. I remember me and some friends paying around $10 dollars to be let into a massive club, I think billed as the biggest in Latin America, and a black person behind us in line was charged somewhere like ~$20 to be let in.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Imagine Perry inadvertently creating a 2014 Bonus Army? :allears:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea it helps that VTP is a legit good candidate and all, but this is literally a case of 'anyone but the other guy'.

That's a good thing, gently caress Dan Patrick in his ear.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also the bag bans are spreading nothing the legislature can propose will survive the cities desire to clamp down on bag litter.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Communist Zombie posted:

Actually wasnt it some rural county or town that started it? Plastic bags were causing issues with livestock and wildlife I believe.

that actually sounds more disgusting and anger-inducing than just seeing bags all over the loving place because humans are poo poo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy...

I do agree that Abbott is a huge hypocrite with respect to disabled rights (uh and, everything else) but even I know you don't say that poo poo in a campaign. Kill the idiot in charge of that call. Never give your opponent the chance to take the noble, moral high ground.

He doesn't come off as noble, nor moral at all, he's coming off as playing the victim, and that's not held in high regard in every person's mind, rightwing or not. He did some rolling down a highway, complaining about traffic blaming it on Davis and saying EVEN ME A GUY IN A WHEELCHAIR IS FASTER. He's scum.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The laws that are being overturned by courts in TX and WI, are these capable of being brought back up as legislation later or are these rulings solid?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

That's really good news for a change. I'm not holding my breath they will step into the Voter ID rulings, the election is close.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Xarthor posted:

Also early voting runs from today through the 31st.

:siren: GET OUT AND VOTE, Y'ALL :siren:

They always put bullshit locations nobody likes to vote at on the first day. Universities won't get polling stations until the 26.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Someone from Downtown Austin Alliance came to my class today, are they really going to sink I-35 from 12th to Cesar Chavez? That's crazy.

As in destroy that section of interstate?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Well, there's a video of TxDOT's current "plan" here: http://kutradio.tumblr.com/post/87728560966/txdot-backs-plans-to-bury-i-35-just-dont-hold

There's money for that plan here:

They'll figure out a way to make this Austin's Big Dig.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This thread must survive until dedication.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

I'm an Aggie :mad:

I'll tell your next of kin you loved them.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Why the gently caress are you not allowed to use a phone while voting? I'm not calling anybody, I'm looking up the meaning of a word, loving imbeciles who run this election garbage.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Right, nevermind Republicans do it and win, but Democrats are supposed to be above that or something and win (lose).

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obummer is loving hilarious, and I will never tire of reading it on the comment section of Texas Tribune. Although I'm rather scared of those RED STATE FOREVER types there, they sound kinda serious.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It's missing a dastardly Mexican wearing a Giants hat about to strike the ten gallon hat wearing douchebag with a baseball bat titled illegal immigration.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Branco sounds like Broncos, thus he is irredeemable garbage.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Whoops nothing, He'll win by an even larger margin because gently caress this states politics, now the one good thing left, its roads, are turning to poo poo and abbot is gonna be railing against the Man in the whitehouse until libertarians grow wings, hail satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Gotta love the daily show pissing on the audience the warm reality of Ted Cruz and his boys running this state.