Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Sure there are goons in local government. But there are goons in national government too

Sardonik posted:

My grades were so bad coming out of High School I didn't even bother applying to UT, St. Edward's across the river accepted me though, and it was pretty great all things considered. :unsmith:

You really didn't miss out on much. Depending on your degree and if you ever drank and spoke with any of the brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Sure there are goons in local government. But there are goons in national government too

Captain Monkey posted:

As a very liberal person born and raised in Texas, that sort of poo poo makes me really annoyed.

To be fair the entirety of Texas exists in Rodeo grounds, Highschool football fields and Church Buildings. Kinda odd that they keep their capital in my unincorporated city-state, especially since everything we do here makes them so angry. Is it too soon to light the Gov. Mansion on fire again?

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

zoux posted:

Imagine if Austin had like 300k people :sigh:

The 70s aren't coming back, dad.

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Well he isn't wrong about fearing conservatives ideas.

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Doom Rooster posted:

All good things. I am stoked for this then. Maybe I just want us to have a better word than "Library" to encompass those. Library to me means a place that lends books, and dedicating pretty much any money to the purchase and maintenance of physical (non-historically-significant) books is a waste of money to me.

A library has always been a center for community information, education, and enrichment. I have no idea how you detach the public perception of card catalogs and physical media when that hasn't been the case for decades, but I kinda doubt changing the name is the answer.

halokiller posted:

Certainly better than the brutalist libraries that university campuses have a hard-on for.

Public and Academic libraries serve different purposes. Please don't bring your adult literacy group to the dissertation prison.