Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I think the hope for her candidacy has always just been to build momentum for the future when the demographics have turned against the Republicans. No one expects anything more than squeezing the GOP's wallet on Texas a bit more than usual, as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
It's not their fault everyone else is constantly doing things wrong, everywhere, all the time.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Obama has made his decision. Now let him enforce it. :getin:

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
The little newsprint voter's guide they had by the early voting stations had nothing but "Did not send a response in time for printing." under the name of every single Democrat candidate for anything. Registered as an independent, I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to go and try to vote for the least stupid Republican in the primaries.

Poop balls.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

citybeatnik posted:

An hour and fifteen minutes.

And i had actually put in some research on the down ballot folks. So should have everyone else. Don't tell me you waited in line just to click the president vote and skimmed through the rest.

I tried to, but I found no information online, no difference between the Republicans that got a spot in the printed voter guide besides where they used to work and why that makes them the best, and half the drat positions here are just an unopposed Republican anyway.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
"They should have to earn a living just like the rest of us!"

OK, Mom. So you want the people making the rules that everyone has to follow to be as informed about fishing rights in the Gulf as you are? Or did you just mean that you want it to be financially impossible for anyone that isn't independently wealthy to be in charge of the state government?

She actually stopped saying that after I pointed out the consequences of it that way, so :toot:

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Someone else elaborate on the unborn are sacred, post-born can get hosed angle please because I have to leave for a doctor's appointment.

Maybe the Why the gently caress don't you support comprehensive sex ed then part as well.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
It's less biting on an obvious troll and more jerking off right onto his exposed face after he posted a sign asking us to.

That doesn't make it sound better, does it.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Agreed, they need to stop sending their crazy polygamy sects over here.

If you're ever driving past that one huge white temple they built, you should swing by and take a look. It's surreal to see that bleached brick rising out of the West Texas nuthin'.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

PostNouveau posted:

I assume she'll follow the Sheriff Joe model of thumbing her nose at federal judges for decades and never ever getting punished for it in any meaningful way.

Has he seriously never faced any comeuppance for the millions of dollars he's cost his county in lawsuits alone? Do stupid old people that aren't paying attention just keep voting for the guy that's already there and never hear a word about any of his illegal poo poo?

I mean, gently caress, has he at least lost all contact with the FBI and ATF and their support along with it for any law enforcement matters?

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
It sure has been raining a lot.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I step out of my front door, walk toward the street, and stop about two paces away. I hold my hands up to my mouth and shout "Carne!" into the sky as loudly as I can. Within seconds, a man carrying a dripping fistful of meat emerges. From where, I could not say. I tell him my name, and he places the meat in my cupped hands. The debt is remembered, and I am expected to supply the tortilla.

That, friends. That is authentic Mexican food.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
After all this bullshit with Kavanaugh, I may not vote for a national-level Democrat for a very long time. I'm certainly not going to vote for O'Rourke now. If he wins, I want no responsibility for it.

I probably still won't vote for Cruz. I still don't like Cruz.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I took a picture of my "I Voted" sticker next to a Texans for Clinton sign and I feel like a moron every time I remember that. While her own actions will always be the biggest reason I regret voting for her, you aren't helping your cause to behave like any political viewpoint different from your own cannot possibly be real.

In 2016, I would have voted O'Rourke. I would have been happy to. Now, I want no part in potentially tipping the Senate majority to the Democrats.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Hey, look, I still have it.

Very mature display, all of you.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

feeling ashamed for having voted for crooked hillary is the natural reaction but hang on whats the thing the democrats did to kavanaugh? thats the part im confused about

They have taken an unfounded accusation of rape and turned it into a tool for control over the political situation that no one should be allowed to question, that no one should be allowed to stop. They are posturing over the need for an FBI investigation of someone that has not been able to sneeze at any time in the last 20 years without it being documented by three federal agencies.

On this forum, it was treated like common knowledge the day after the accusation, that everybody knows Kavanaugh is a serial rapist, and only the most disgusting of rape apologists would ever question it.

I never want to feel like I agree with any of you people ever again.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
They haven't counted a single vote from Lubbock county and that's going to be an easy net 60,000 for Cruz, maybe more.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x49huz6mD_E

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
You guys are absolutely kidding yourselves.

If O'Rourke had been running against anyone less unlikable than Ted Cruz it would have looked exactly like the Governor race. If O'Rourke runs for anything in 2020 it is going to be the same old blowout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Badger of Basra posted:

Love all the republican rape apologists being sore winners

The voters of Texas made the right choice.