Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
To be fair, it's kind of hard to organize with people who may be three hundred to five hundred miles away from you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Even without Trump you still have Abbot and the tea party running around like psychopaths , scaring minority and women voters away from the GOP, that's on top of the fall in the price of oil exposing years of mismanagement and fuckery, plus Johnson running around with 5-10% , which is going to gently caress up some of the gerrymanders around Houston and Dallas. .

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
My girlfriend just put a giant blue "READY FOR HILLARY" bumper sticker on our car.

That's not a problem in San Antonio, but about once a week I have to drive out to the middle of bumfuck nowhere to get groceries/prescriptions/whatever for my grandparents in rural Seguin, and with all the stories about militia people planning attacks and harassment, plus Trump doing everything he can to incite a riot, I'm seriously wondering if I'm going to get murdered over this.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I still haven't seen a Trump sign in Bexar county, but I'm not sure if it's because he's just that toxic or because they cost $50.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Another 2 votes for Hilldawg in San Antonio. Place was totally empty except for some old women taking a selfie with their I Voted stickers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JVNMmsN3Co

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Welp, just voted in a mayoral race for the first time ever. The old ladies running the voting said it wasn't a slow day, because they'd had 82 people in the past nine hours. ...in San Antonio, one of the largest cities in the nation.

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 6, 2017

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

That's a nice surprise to wake up to, I voted last night, but it's Texas, so I never expect it to actually mean anything.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
It's 100 degrees in June.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Yeah, all the cities have actual drainage now. When I was a little kid in the 90's , 14 inches of rain would just flood every street, people would drown, and there would be dozens of stalled out cars all over the place.

It's still the worst the hurricane in a decade , so this weekend is going to suck.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
It's even weirder when you remember that Houston only exists because a category 4 hurricane killed 12,000 people in Galveston, and the survivors decided to rebuild away from the coast on higher ground.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Does anyone still care about mass shootings?

We had the deadliest one in American history like a month ago and the news coverage was just a few days of everyone agreeing that nothing will change.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
It's snowing in San Antonio.

Goddammit

gently caress

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

drat, maybe there really is some kind of blue wave coming. I knew the whole reason for the voter ID law was to pull poo poo like this, but I figured it was years away.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

:911:

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

SimonChris posted:

Well, it's just one poll with a low sample size. 538 still has him down by 5 points on average.
Still, state polls have been off by more than that in the past. He has a real shot at this.

gently caress you for giving me hope

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
He massively turned out the youth vote, and that's the big thing we need, but I don't have hope.

I do want to see Cruz get eaten though. It pisses me off so much that all these loving vultures come in just to make careers out of loving with the people who were born in this goddamn state.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Goddamn, I can't even watch that poo poo anymore , it makes me too angry.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I'm worried there's going to be riots next month if they just issue lockdown orders without any kind of financial assistance going out. A huge percentage of the state is living right on the edge and will need to do some drastic poo poo to eat and stay housed when millions of people start missing paychecks, especially if this goes on for the next 18+ months like people are predicting.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
The state party is still absolute garbage, but I've noticed since 2018 that they are actually calling people and sending out volunteers now.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Goddamnit , it should not be 15 degrees or snowing in San Antonio , took forever to get home driving at a snails pace with a frozen windshield. At least someone was smart enough to close 35 before it became a frozen bloodbath though.

*correction, it is now 8 degrees with 2 inches of snow on the ground.

Goddamnit

gently caress

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Oh, so that's why the Reign of Terror had to happen