Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Heard about Houston's new DA trying to change marijuana policy, this sounds like a great step in the right direction. I live in Houston and am all for it, but I'm afraid Abbott will try to gently caress this up. Hopefully we see changes at the federal level and things keep rolling in the right direction.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/new-punishment-policy-for-pot-stirs-debate/408748669

Edit: Also after watching the entire thing I realize it's not really changing policy so much, as just how they deal with it on a criminal level. Sounds good however, 25 million/year just for pot smokers in jail is a good bit, and it ties up the police. I'm wishful for things down the road.

iroguebot fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

You're right, we should just secede fully and have a economy based entirely of oil, weed, and tacos.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Another goon on a discord pointed this thread out to me, I live within 2 or 3 miles from this on the edge of Pasadena/Deer Park. Good thing I'm a handholdless goon and gay so I don't have to worry about mutant children coming from my horribly damaged testicles or whatever Cronenberg horrors await me.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

zoux posted:

What's it like?

I think the wind is just barely pushing it up over my exact neighborhood, but is supposed to adjust my way sometimes over the next 12-18 hours I think. In terms of how it's really affected me, they had the shelter in place first day or two so some places didn't open in the area for like a day, and 225 was shut down for awhile but I think it's open now. I'm honestly just trying to not run the AC myself and probably buy some bottled water since I usually refill at kiosks that are local and would use the local ground water.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Let me tell you, it's REALLY fun driving a Frito Lay truck in this poo poo. I shoulda stayed in school and got wonna dem fancy 'puter jobs. :(