Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Here's a nice tweet from one of Ted Cruz's senior staffers:

https://twitter.com/amandacarpenter/statuses/478994725014609920

quote:

We're likely keeping Benghazi terrorist on a ship instead of GTMO, a secure facility that's made for this http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/benghazi-suspect-next-steps-107961.html

HorseRenoir posted:

I haven't been to every major city in Texas, but my impressions are:

Houston - Oil, chemicals, NASA, various financial industrial industries, and more sprawl. Outer counties are solidly red, but Harris County is split down the middle (Obama beat Romney here by less than 100 votes!).

Bit of an amendment to this: Harris County is split down the middle, but largely because there are a lot of other incorporated areas (pretty much everything southeast of downtown, everything northwest of 1960 and 290) and annexed suburbs (Kingwood, probably others that I'm forgetting). Houston proper is pretty liberal, though. Also, Fort Bend County is one of the exceptions to "solidly red" rule. It went 55-45 Romney, if I recall correctly, which is a far cry from the 70-25 Romney result in Montgomery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

SirKibbles posted:

VDP is dull as hell wheres the passion,Wendys not any better. Personally they're about even. Honestly Democrats have a real problem in general they pick the dullest killjoy candidates possible. They really need to look at who/how they're raising to future leadership. Pick someone who hasn't gone to an Ivy league school that shits mandatory for the Presidency but not anywhere else.

I'm a huge fan of Bill White (volunteered for his gov. campaign) and Annise Parker, but they're definitely on the wonky/technocratic end of the spectrum, which is great for Houston but doesn't resonate on a state level.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
The funny thing is that tonight was far and away Ted's friendliest crowd out of all three debates - he sure as hell won't get a similar reception at UH or in San Antonio