Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Nothing in DFW can make up its loving mind. I probably won't find out until like 7am.

Sadists run this shithole loving morass of bullshit munis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Conservatives are future proofing against the impending demographic shift....

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched this a while ago. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZPZksI7eUM

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Badger of Basra posted:

As a homeowner, why should I have to pay for poor people to use the bus that I don’t even use but also please widen I-35 because traffic

gulag kulak

edit: But really, does Amazon run shuttle services to its compounds? I know that happens on the big corporate compounds over in the Bay area.

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 19, 2018

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nah, it's one of those jobs that predictable political handpuppets get.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Good Tuesday posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...9393_story.html

"Trump voting commission bought Texas election data flagging Hispanic voters"

this is A Bad Thing

Then, they "disbanded" and "destroyed" the data.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zil posted:

It will be funny when these same shitheads get mad at Amazon for not building in Texas.

"What do you mean we are making a hostile environment for business? We are just going after them drat gays and wierdos."

They don't realize that they are backwards crackpots.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Those Biden memes... man... Those were some great memes! :suicide:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Why do we have a separate gay chamber of commerce, this isn't Jackson Mississippi

Conservatives run all of the Chambers of Commerce.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Texas has been on the very cusp of turning blue for almost 10 years now

The GOP have awoken the snoozing abuelita.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
ugh and double ugh

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Never forget the fundamental Conservative belief that all politicians are untrustworthy snakes and liars. When their guy is a piece of poo poo, he's conforming to their expectations.

Shortsighted, stupid, and selfish politicians are what Conservatives want, because that is what will advance the movement's longstanding goal of gutting government's ability to actually do things.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Marxalot posted:

It's weird (but not at all surprising) to watch people wring their loving hands in angst over a policy that does so much public good at so little cost from an employer.

Da gubmint can't tell business owners what to do! They are THE KINGS OF AMERICA! The Conservatives won, so most progressives are just kinda getting ready to let the collapse of everything that we know as America happen so that we can negotiate the New New Deal for the 21st century. I wonder how many greedy people we can slap with a 100% tax margin?

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 20, 2018

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

ReidRansom posted:

Texas school funding was, is, and always will be all fuckered up without probably impossible changes to the state constitution.

Mike Collier argues differently.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

ReidRansom posted:

I wish him best of luck. Sincerely.

Yeah :sigh:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

That's not exactly true. My wife worked last year at a school with poor students and not enough funding. Was exactly as tough as you'd expect. Getting kids that are more worried about finding a meal than learning is a challenge. This year she works in a district that sent out a staff email recently saying that if enrollment declines next year they'll be subject to recapture and have to send money back to the state - an embarrassment of riches. The kids at this school don't have to worry about where their next meal comes from, their biggest behavioral issue is getting their ipad taken away. So a higher quality student, if you will. Money has everything to do with it.

Education needs to move past the cohort system, but the logistics of the Prussian system are easy to implement and well understood.

Most of the problems in the world are because a lot of us are stuck using 18th century forms to deal with a 21st century reality.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Marxalot posted:

Same.

Sema has like 8 grand according to her funding page, 1400 followers on FB, and 52 twitter followers.

Our very own Dick Wolf has half the cash she does and is running in one district for a seat that nobody outside of Something Awful and the Tan Parker household honestly cares about.

what the christ is going on this year lol

I bet it was Republicans voting in the Dem primary to try to make people think exactly this:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
That is the most Yankee pandering tripe I've ever heard.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
You know what is Texas music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i97OkCXwotE

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's not a derail. It's very much about why you should not vote for Ted Cruz.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

General Dog posted:

Ah yes, if there's one thing we can count on from Republican primary voters, it's their craftiness, foresight, and media-savvy lol.

Tens of thousands got out of the house to vote in a primary that they had no investment in to mildly embarrass a guy that they're statistically likely to have still never heard of.

The Russian super hacker 4chan is pulling the strings of the American puppet state these days boi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Third victim is a 75-year-old Hispanic woman. All three east of I-35. Map here; https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/12/us/texas-austin-blasts/index.html

My guess is that it's a white supremacist, which is going out on a limb a little, but not that far out on a limb; and that the first bombing in early March was a trial run for the bombings to coincide with SXSW week to amplify attention, yeah? I mean there's a twisted logic to it.

Adding to that is before Charlottesville, most of these guys were operating on the same page and following the same blueprint. But after that, it's all been thrown into disarray, while more radical voices in the white-power movement see the old blueprint of "taking the streets" as pointless and going on to actually advocate lone-wolf terrorism.

But who knows. I got the heebie jeebies about this though.

Those attacks could have been planned from census data...

http://projects.statesman.com/news/racial-geography/