Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Didn't Texas do that with a bunch of toll roads or something as well about 5-10 years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Is there a real difference between Texas' amendment bonanza and referendums other states often have or is it just potato-patato.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
:smith: That sounds pretty terrible.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
What are the best corn ones out there for your average shopper? I love HEB's Butter Tortillas, but I should branch out.

They just so tasty and mmmmmm
:btroll:

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Whose god is the moon god now?!

I am so confused.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Since that poll/survey is garbage, what IS the best way to express to my representatives how much I think they suck, apart from voting for someone else at every opportunity?

Do I suggest in my letter that I'm a disillusioned republican who might vote D as punishment if they continue to support _____? Would they even take that seriously? I probably wouldn't.

Maybe I'll rub the envelope with an ancient $100 bill from the confederacy and then they'll be subconsciously drawn to it.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Certified 5 alarm spicy!

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
If I moved across county lines (FtBend to Harris) between the primary and this upcoming election, do I need to re-register in my new county?

I have heard that I have to stay registered, and vote, where I did for the primary from a few people, but they couldn't remember where they saw that. The Secretary of State's website seems to say that I have to re-register but that I will be put on something called a "Limited Ballot", but it does not specifically mention this situation. Does anyone know where I could get a concrete answer on this?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Why am I seeing dozens of "PLEASE VOTE" billboard ads just now appearing around Houston, a week after the registration deadline? Is it some kind of dark humor that even decades on SA didn't prepare me for?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Well, that was a nice distraction but is there really a non-tomato based chili that you can still call chili?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

zoux posted:

[...] Are employers allowed to discriminate against alcohol users? I don't mean drunk people on the job, I mean can they test you to see if you've had a drink in the past X days and fire you for cause? [...]

Does such a test even exist? If it did, I think it would be more well known, given that some companies will scour your online media for poo poo to fire you for if they hate you enough. That sounds like it would be, relatively, more effort to accomplish.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I think the usual idiom or whatever is "dumber than a sack of hair." Even so, I haven't heard that one in like a decade.

Amusingly, when I first read that, I interpreted that as his lawyer accidentally admitting his client understands that these accusations are serious because he is smart enough to know what did was a crime, and that he did, in fact, do what he is accused of doing.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
For once, why can't it be a thousand bushels of hickory chips or crates of coconut-lavander candles that bursts into flames and burns until the end of time?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Has Gallery Furniture always had this dystopian marquee, or was this picture taken somewhere else?

"Texas Tribune" posted:

[...]On Thursday, Abbott gathered with state lawmakers and local leaders to sign the bills at Gallery Furniture, owned by Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale. In 2017, McIngvale opened two of his stores as shelters for Houstonians displaced by the storm.[...]

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Thank you so much for the info.

If you're on a budget, hot air balloons are also an option, as of ~2017.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Sadly, this still comes in pretty light on actual consquences when judged on the "We technically outlawed all marriages, by accident"-to-"Oh, hey, I guess the Berlin wall is open to traffic now, omfgsovietuniondissolves" scale of bureaucratic gently caress ups.

But it is a start.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Delaware... wut?

Oh wait, that's orange, not yellow. That makes slightly more sense?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Texas Politics: Probably wired. Always wierd.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
My brain is grinding to a halt trying to imagine that.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
What court/committee makes that call?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Try not eating the whole thing?

Do they pronounce pecan as "wal-nut" where you are? Then, maybe I'd understand.

Food derail?! We've been suckered in!

Roumba fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 24, 2019

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Maybe they're talking about our livers?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Same dumb proto-pad thing with the spinny wheel as the rest of this decade over here in Harris Co.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I think this will be my first time voting in a Saturday run-off. Will it feel as strange as I think it will? I'm scared of things that are different.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
If there were no consequences, then that's a pretty good metaphor or whatever.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I knew these Lunar New Year spectacles were going to get out of hand at some point.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Sounds like it changed the other direction, right? Or was it a full 360 spin?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Trabisnikof posted:

They already have Marshall Law in Harrison County.

Seal the gate of Fort Bend. No one goes in or out!

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

D-Pad posted:

HEB/Whataburger 2020
Mattress Mack is only the candidate who'll wrangle the barrel full of monkeys that is Congress.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Esteemed members of the board,
Riot-damage to our assets has become absolutely essential for us to even have a hope of making numbers this quarter.

I propose the following plan...

:guillotine:

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
He knows that the tree that doesn't bend, breaks.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
!-2NITE-! AT THE REFINERY
ALL YOU CAN EAT (B.Y.O.Barrels)
MUSICAL GUEST TO BE ANNOUNCED

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

I'm not used to Twitter emojiis, so for a few seconds I thought that AB was sending a very different message.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Historically, isn't this the point when we burn down the governor's mansion two or three times? It's been a long time since 7th grade or whatever, I've forgotten the details.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Was it also Jeep Week down there?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Did TxLedge actually pass a whatever officially declaring March as !!!TRUCK MONTH!!! or did I just absorb too many radio ads back during the Commuting Epoch?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

WTF was going on in '86?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I doubt there has ever been an emotion or belief behind anything Cruz said. They're all either undercooked Rove-ian reflex responses, like that one, or outputs of whatever reality-inverting mental exercise he is practicing 24/7.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
The purpose of a plan is not to follow it to the letter nor to use any information gathered in the creation of the plan as a basis for good-faith changes to it when the situation evolves. It is to announce that you have one, wave it around from a podium on TV, and then stick it in a drawer while you do some blow whatever goads your primary electorate into a mutual mental-masturbation frenzy.

I think we had a consultant teach us this once. They catered Freebirds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Last night, to escape the carnage of this open air asylum of Neo-Houston, the right and rich secretly used banned chaos-frakking techniques to steal entire sections of the metro-area. Sliding them out into the Gulf on an impossibly vast oil slick, such floating towns were fortified into floating (and gated) salt doom dome communities.