Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are you guys suggesting this show has faults?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
In all fairness the mechs are designed to let out that creepy roar every couple of minutes just in case you missed all the stomping. They aren't really stealthy. But I wasn't really paying attention to that scene. I usually go 5050 between playing phone games and watching when this one is on.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I think the colonel should have said something when he burned his hand and her mom didn't. Dude was ready to throw down his life to protect her and she still burned him. Shameful.

Also what did Tom's oldest son see when he said "Did you see that" then he was looking at the moon. All my instincts about this show should tell me he literally meant the moon, but I dunno if he saw it flicker or something or if they are planting the idea of this being a matrix or virtual prison, I mean, who knows, this show can go anywhere. But making the hippie commune area some kind of virtual dome would make sense, more so after I saw the Hersey's Kisses in the jar, how the gently caress are they going to have a jar full of those after like 3 world wars or however many years since the invasion.

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jul 29, 2014

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Evil alien moon base? You can see it but it's really small.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

Iowa Snow King posted:

No it's after the apocalypse. She's got a lantern and bottled water. They're hiding out after the alien invasion so obviously they sit by the window with a Coleman reading Peter Pan.

Okay, this makes me slightly less angry. I just assumed it was all "tee hee pillow fort" and kid poo poo.

AxeManiac posted:

Also what did Tom's oldest son see when he said "Did you see that" then he was looking at the moon. All my instincts about this show should tell me he literally meant the moon, but I dunno if he saw it flicker or something or if they are planting the idea of this being a matrix or virtual prison, I mean, who knows, this show can go anywhere.

It was a green dot on the moon. I assume it's a comically oversized targeting laser for a comically oversized gun. Because the name of the last episode in the season is "Shoot the Moon" get it :v:

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
No She-Pope is always a good thing.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

AxeManiac posted:

more so after I saw the Hersey's Kisses in the jar, how the gently caress are they going to have a jar full of those after like 3 world wars or however many years since the invasion.

Apparently you missed all the Falling Skies themed Hersey advertising that goes on during the show. They have one where a guy falls through the floor and there's a whole cache of Hersey bars and he fakes being injured so he can stay down there.

So, in other words, it's simply product placement, nothing more.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The alien invasion is nothing more than an elaborate marketing plan! It all makes sense now! That's why they never kill the leader of the humans, he has too much star power.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

NecroBob posted:

It was a green dot on the moon. I assume it's a comically oversized targeting laser for a comically oversized gun. Because the name of the last episode in the season is "Shoot the Moon" get it :v:

Oh god, is it really? This is going to be glorious. Good thing they're doing aiming tests with their massive laser pointer ahead of time.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

counterfeitsaint posted:

Oh god, is it really? This is going to be glorious. Good thing they're doing aiming tests with their massive laser pointer ahead of time.

Turns out that Falling Skies is the prequel to Oblivion. Expect tens of millions of Tom Cruise clones to attack Earth next season.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I hope they turn the insanity up to 11 and work in some kind of Terminator time travel go back and save the human race type of thing because after introducing Alien Jesus Baby, Hitler Youth Camps, and Mt. Doom/Scientology's Volcano what else is left?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

I hope they turn the insanity up to 11 and work in some kind of Terminator time travel go back and save the human race type of thing because after introducing Alien Jesus Baby, Hitler Youth Camps, and Mt. Doom/Scientology's Volcano what else is left?

The humans are going to steal some alien spaceships and set up a space convoy to lead them to the 13 colonies of humans out in space. This will inevitably lead them back to earth where the space fleet they assembled out of storage containers and old trucks are forgotten.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 30, 2014

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

kingcom posted:

The humans are going to steal some alien spaceships and set up a space convoy to lead them to the 13 colonies of humans out in space. This will inevitably lead them back to earth where the space fleet they assemble out of storage containers and old trucks are forgotten.

No, they'll search for so long that man will evolve into something else and forget his origins...and become the Espheni.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Sash! posted:

No, they'll search for so long that man will evolve into something else and forget his origins...and become the Espheni.

The show will inexplicitly get another season and it will time jump to everyone being human again.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Can we pitch this to them

seymore
Jan 9, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

This is a great idea.

I get the feeling that either the writers have just decided to go for broke, or they did not think the series would last this long and they have no real idea of what to do next.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The people behind NBC's Revolution had the grand opportunity to go balls out with the series finale, but they didn't.

They left it open ended for a season 3. A season 3 that will likely never occur.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I forgot about the weird green laser pointer on the moon thing until someone pointed it out here. After learning the last episode of the season is "Shoot the Moon" I'm guessing the evil aliens (or maybe the space french?) have a last ditch effort to blow up the moon if they can't maintain control of the planet or something. The stupid heros will probably stop them. If they fail the last season could be pretty interesting.

There's been no indication of time travel so far. Which probably means they'll go that way.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
The aliens are being led by Chairface.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Clamknuckle posted:

The aliens are being led by Chairface.

This would actually be the least stupid thing the show has ever done.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

counterfeitsaint posted:

I forgot about the weird green laser pointer on the moon thing until someone pointed it out here. After learning the last episode of the season is "Shoot the Moon" I'm guessing the evil aliens (or maybe the space french?) have a last ditch effort to blow up the moon if they can't maintain control of the planet or something. The stupid heros will probably stop them. If they fail the last season could be pretty interesting.

Actually, I'm going with the reverse.

All this season, what has been the main goal? To find and take down the new alien power source before it becomes operational. I think the aliens finally wised up and put that power source in a place where the humans can't presumably get to it (the moon.)

So, this year's climax is going to be a mission to "shoot the moon" to take down the alien power source before it becomes operational. Given the subtle like a brick themes of familial sacrifice and the fact that Lexi is currently leveling up, presumably she's will lend her powers to allow them to fire something at the moon from earth. That will likely either lead to her death or leave her unpowered completely and a normal human.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
queue pope riding a psychic powered potato into the moon screaming racial epitaphs the whole way

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Stop making this show sound better than it is! :argh:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Gonz posted:

The people behind NBC's Revolution had the grand opportunity to go balls out with the series finale, but they didn't.

They left it open ended for a season 3. A season 3 that will likely never occur.

Revolution got canned a while ago but it was after the finale had been shot.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
This war has been going on for how many years and they just now decide to make IEDs?

Also, I just realized that I have Pope's shotgun. I'm going to do some mad Pope Cos-play next week.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
You have to earn emotional impact drat it

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Your creepy alien demigod daughter has aged to a 24-year old blonde British girl, kills the sexy Mexi for no reason, abducts your son, and leads a genocidal group of aliens to your homebase but she no evil mang.

THE POWER OF LOVE WILL SAVE HER!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Why do all alien/sentient AI races that obliterate 99% of the human race always complain afterwards that we're the violent ones who just won't give peace a chance? Like, you just destroyed out species, does it really surprise you that we might hold a grudge?

Except for Pope's dumbest minion in the opening, has anyone died this season at all? It seems weird to cram all character death into one episode like that.

Lourdis is gone at least. :toot:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

This season had better end with a ferris wheel coming off it's hinges, rolling down an entire city block, and crushing everyone except Cochise, Pope and Weaver.

Falling Skies - Season 5: The Cochise, Pope And Weaver Evil Alien Genocide Hour (Traitors To Humanity Unwelcome)

Gonz fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 4, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

But but but...Tector!

Waverider
Oct 26, 2001

counterfeitsaint posted:

Why do all alien/sentient AI races that obliterate 99% of the human race always complain afterwards that we're the violent ones who just won't give peace a chance? Like, you just destroyed out species, does it really surprise you that we might hold a grudge?

Didn't the hitler youth guy give some BS logic like they killed off most of humanity to give us a fresh start at peace? It was something rediculous like that.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol this show is bad

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

counterfeitsaint posted:

Seriously, billions of humans are killed and we are looked down upon because we don't start giving out hugs once they said the word piece.

Waverider posted:

Didn't the hitler youth guy give some BS logic like they killed off most of humanity to give us a fresh start at peace? It was something rediculous like that.

The best way for piece is to arbitrarily and randomly cull 90% of a population and then say it was for their own good and that they need to stop being so warlike or else.

Two Feet From Bread fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 4, 2014

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

But but but...Tector!

Gives him more time to be a regular on season 4 of Continuum :colbert:

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
Five minutes in and this is unquestionably the best episode of anything ever. Even better than when baby V's twin sister or something ate that annoying kid Tyler in the last episode of V. Not by much though.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Dumbass alien boss doing a Han Solo rubberneck. Jesus Christ.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Two Feet From Bread posted:

once they said the word piece.

:psyduck:

Two Feet From Bread posted:

The best way for piece

:psyboom:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

Except for Pope's dumbest minion in the opening, has anyone died this season at all? It seems weird to cram all character death into one episode like that.

If I could offer a theory:

Lexi is being told by her overlord father that they can live in peace with the humans, and she creates a community with no weapons and the aliens leave them alone. In her mind, while the aliens did come here and kill tons of people, they are willing to just drop the whole thing and let the humans be which makes them better. We know that isnt really the case, but Lexi is being misled. So when the ghetto escapees show up with the Masons and aren't willing to stop fighting (like the aliens are as part of her father's plan) she sees humans as being unable to stop being violent creatures and takes off to find daddy and join him.

Basically we are warlike and the aliens fight wars but can walk away from them, to her mind.

She's probably going to end up saving the humans when she realizes they aren't any better after all and chooses her human family.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Blackchamber posted:

If I could offer a theory:

Lexi is being told by her overlord father that they can live in peace with the humans, and she creates a community with no weapons and the aliens leave them alone. In her mind, while the aliens did come here and kill tons of people, they are willing to just drop the whole thing and let the humans be which makes them better. We know that isnt really the case, but Lexi is being misled. So when the ghetto escapees show up with the Masons and aren't willing to stop fighting (like the aliens are as part of her father's plan) she sees humans as being unable to stop being violent creatures and takes off to find daddy and join him.

Basically we are warlike and the aliens fight wars but can walk away from them, to her mind.

She's probably going to end up saving the humans when she realizes they aren't any better after all and chooses her human family.

So you're saying that Lexi is dumb and niave and reasoning like the (demigod) toddler she is? I suppose that makes sense.

That's still a lot like missing all of WW2, then watching the Nuremberg Trials and thinking that these ally guys are really mad, being unreasonably mean to the poor German officers, and should probably just forgive them cause ~*~peace~*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

counterfeitsaint posted:

So you're saying that Lexi is dumb and niave and reasoning like the (demigod) toddler she is? I suppose that makes sense.

That's still a lot like missing all of WW2, then watching the Nuremberg Trials and thinking that these ally guys are really mad, being unreasonably mean to the poor German officers, and should probably just forgive them cause ~*~peace~*~
I agree, realistic character motivations are one thing, but excusing that character when they're nothing but a complete shitheel is another, and when the same character kills off the one person completely loyal to them for no reason is the nail in the coffin with this goofy rear end show. A different blonde girl abducting another Mason, it's like the goofy Karen storyline from last season all over again.

So they're killing off developed characters left and right, while the coolest rapist ever Pope is still alive. Alien overlords can now dodge trained snipers in barely lit alleyways but can't duck away from a flamethrower to the face or a handgun bullet.

• Locked thread