Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
Ugh. I kind of enjoyed hate watching it the first three seasons, but I think I'm done. These first two episodes have been incoherent, boring and nonsensical. If I'm bored again next week, I'm done.

Thanks to this thread, I am going to check out The Last Ship though. I'm not getting my hopes up too high but, eh, it's summer and there's not much else on. I want to take a break from my Person of Interest rewatch anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

IRQ posted:

Last Ship is also bad, but it's bad in all the best ways.

Lines from last night, actual lines:
"Balls, we need balls."

":clint: Revenge is best served cold.
:jihad: Let's eat."

And just pepper in explosions and Al Quaida running around for Reasons.

Lol, they manage to shoehorn terrorists into this? I'm just halfway through the pilot now. It's amusing enough so far.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Here's what I'm thinking for the new aliens. It looked like a bug but Thom said it was beautiful. So, something something pheromones, all humans love/serve them.

There, that's more than enough time spent thinking about this abortion of a show. Someone else make up the series ending.

It'll be like that game you used to play as a kid around the campfire. Except the final story will make a hell of a lot more sense than Falling Skies.

I had such high hopes when this show premiered. I mean, full blown alien invasion of earth! What could go wrong with a premise like that? I should have learned my lesson watching V...

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

IT ISN'T OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER

By the way, TBS wants to know what you think of season 4 - https://www.tvinnercircle.com/S.aspx?s=520&r=162yu15KZUea6w.Xn9I8wg

They're going to regret asking that question...

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Hezzy posted:

That would be amazing. Some of the overlords and skitters survive but now all of their equipment doesn't work. Without the mechs they're at a significant disadvantage to the veteran human forces who are now equipped with Volm weaponry. Having beaten the Eschveni forces into their very last bases, Humanity launches a final assault. Which consists of Pope gunning everything the gently caress down with a 50cal mounted on the back of a truck.

If this happens, I'll take back everything I've ever said or thought about this show.

• Locked thread