Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Did anyone else catch that Doflamingo left his lower half behind after they took out his string clone? Later in the throne room he was talking about not accomplishing a delivery.
What I'm getting at is that the string clones probably aren't as mobile/ solid and Doflamingo has a lot of fake pants. Kind of the opposite with Buggy being unable to leave the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Did anyone else catch that Doflamingo left his lower half behind after they took out his string clone? Later in the throne room he was talking about not accomplishing a delivery.
What I'm getting at is that the string clones probably aren't as mobile/ solid and Doflamingo has a lot of fake pants. Kind of the opposite with Buggy being unable to leave the ground.

With the thread puppets introduced (seriously, "string clone" sounds too Naruto for me), I'm starting to believe the "real" Doflamingo is one as well. After all, we've seen that the puppets are just as capable of using haki or string powers. Maybe the real Doflamingo is sitting somewhere else, and not even his subordinates know...

Or he wasn't human to begin with, since he's actually a Tontatta sitting in the thread puppet's head! :tinfoil: That's why he remarked that Kyros' first hit got very close, and why he never takes off his sunglasses - we'd be staring at the dude chilling inside, like the alien in the first Men in Black movie.
Now please don't ask me how he can be a dwarf and simultaneously part of a noble family.

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

Torquemadras posted:

Now please don't ask me how he can be a dwarf and simultaneously part of a noble family.

I got that covered for you. He killed the real one and created his fake string clone, Doflamingo.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

|Ziggy| posted:

I got that covered for you. He killed the real one and created his fake string clone, Doflamingo.

Perfect. That's why he killed his immediate family: because they were the only ones who knew the original Doflamingo well enough to tell the difference! And Tontattas are said to be very good at sewing, aren't they? Who knows, maybe Doflamingo was one of the very first Tontattas enslaved by the populace, which is why he's got such hate for the country - he never accepted the king's apology.

It all falls into place.

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Either that, or Doflamingo has the silkworm fruit, and Luffy will fight a giant evil butterfly

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Torquemadras posted:

Perfect. That's why he killed his immediate family: because they were the only ones who knew the original Doflamingo well enough to tell the difference! And Tontattas are said to be very good at sewing, aren't they? Who knows, maybe Doflamingo was one of the very first Tontattas enslaved by the populace, which is why he's got such hate for the country - he never accepted the king's apology.

It all falls into place.

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Either that, or Doflamingo has the silkworm fruit, and Luffy will fight a giant evil butterfly

Doflamingo doesn't have the String-String fruit--we've already met the real Doflamingo: Leo, the dwarf with the Sew-Sew fruit. The Tontatta have been the real villains this arc all this time, and they're just manipulating the Straw Hats into taking out other members of "Doflamingo's" family and other threats that have grown too strong and threaten Leo's control of the kingdom, because he realized relying on Sugar's power to maintain control was too tenuous.

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope
Maybe Doflamingo isn't even a he, didn't the Tontatta mention that they want to save their captured princess, even though she was very cruel or something? :tinfoil:

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I liked the hilariously simple death trap, a puddle of sea-water at the end of a tunnel

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

This is the second time now someone has mentioned Luffy's ability to rally fighters to his aid. Do you think this "power" could be related to the will of D.?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I don't think it's inherently part of the Will of D, but I would suspect that most D's are rather charismatic by nature regardless - because people tend to like and want to follow brave and determined people with big goals anyways. Luffy just has that to a degree that's rather extreme even by their standards because he's so good natured, caring for those he considers friends and so on.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Sub Harrison posted:

This is the second time now someone has mentioned Luffy's ability to rally fighters to his aid. Do you think this "power" could be related to the will of D.?

It's also explicitly something that most people who possess Conqueror's Hockey possess. This is because to have Conqueror's Hockey you need to be super willful and people tend to follow guys like that I guess?

edit: phone :argh:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
that must mean chopper is really powerful, because oda thinks hed be from canada.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
The string clone really irked me. It was a cliffhanger at the end of the last chapter, and it's already been established that Dofla can make those, so we learned nothing new in exchange for a cheap thrill at the end of the last chapter to make things more interesting. Although I guess we learned they can also be used from a distance, which makes even less sense since how the hell does a pile of string transmit information such as sight and sound remotely to Doflamingo? This new information also sets us up for another use in the future. Yay.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Advice posted:

The string clone really irked me. It was a cliffhanger at the end of the last chapter, and it's already been established that Dofla can make those, so we learned nothing new in exchange for a cheap thrill at the end of the last chapter to make things more interesting. Although I guess we learned they can also be used from a distance, which makes even less sense since how the hell does a pile of string transmit information such as sight and sound remotely to Doflamingo? This new information also sets us up for another use in the future. Yay.

String Theory does include quantum entanglement.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That was a long-rear end flashback with a lot of fish. Also, Shirahoshi has Haki. That's cool.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Advice posted:

Not for nothin', but if I could make string clones of myself I would use that power every chance I could get

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Waffleman_ posted:

That was a long-rear end flashback with a lot of fish. Also, Shirahoshi has Haki. That's cool.

She does? I thought Robin explained that she was the reincarnation of a WMD.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I dunno, it looked like Haki to me, so that's what I assumed it was.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

It's also explicitly something that most people who possess Conqueror's Hockey possess. This is because to have Conqueror's Hockey you need to be super willful and people tend to follow guys like that I guess?

edit: phone :argh:

I will never be able to get Conqueror's Hockey out of my mind now.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

boredsatellite posted:

I will never be able to get Conqueror's Hockey out of my mind now.

:agreed: . Also by this logic, Chopper should totally be renamed Captain.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Now I want to see the crew playing hockey. Zoro with three sticks, Sanji melting the ring while using his foot instead of a stick, Robin filing the entire goal with hands and so on. Pity they seem to have stopped making those little shorts for the films.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

tsob posted:

Now I want to see the crew playing hockey. Zoro with three sticks, Sanji melting the ring while using his foot instead of a stick, Robin filing the entire goal with hands and so on. Pity they seem to have stopped making those little shorts for the films.

Send a letter to Oda telling him to make the next omake about hockey. Apparently Arlong Park's suggestion got picked last time (RPG time).

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Holy poo poo Robin just grabbed Franky's balls. What the hell is going on?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wittgen posted:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh hello, welcome to One Piece, I hope you enjoy your stay for the next ten years. :unsmigghh:

I also hope you weren't planning on doing anything for the next couple days, this part of the story is hard to put down.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

What if Luffy put a ship's wheel on the ground? Then everyone would be part of his crew.

:eng101:

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

Wittgen posted:

Doing what her Captain has ordered, getting Franky to join the crew :allears:

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
This is ancient by now, but I completely missed this omake. It's only 3 pages but it's pretty cute. One Piece: RPG Time

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Demon Disability Friendly Accessible Path :allears:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Oda expects One Piece to continue for the next 10 years.

http://kotaku.com/one-piece-might-last-another-decade-1601604195

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mother fucker.

Is this any indication on how fast the overarching plot will progress?

bondster
May 6, 2007

At least he is getting that extra hour of sleep :haw:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

With that schedule I'm not so sure he'll be around long enough to finish it. :(

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
New characters will be joining the crew eh? Besides Jinbei I wonder who else we could get. There's probably several candidates this arc alone: Rebecca, Moocy, Violet, one of the dwarves etc.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

tsob posted:

New characters will be joining the crew eh? Besides Jinbei I wonder who else we could get. There's probably several candidates this arc alone: Rebecca, Moocy, Violet, one of the dwarves etc.

Well, Luffy has already decided that Law is part of his crew, so...

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
kinemon then or vivi returning

also 10 years seems to make sense, its been like what, about 15ish now? that seems like an appropriate amount considering we're mostly through the first, gigantic arc in the new world.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 8, 2014

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Besides Jinbe, I can't see anybody joining the crew, this arc has got to end with Luffy's pirate alliance.

QuantaStarFire posted:

Well, Luffy has already decided that Law is part of his crew, so...

Didn't this happen back in Punk Hazard? I don't think you have spoil that.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Broseph Brostar posted:

Besides Jinbe, I can't see anybody joining the crew, this arc has got to end with Luffy's pirate alliance.

Didn't this happen back in Punk Hazard? I don't think you have spoil that.

he recently used the n word to describe law

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

One Poece Manga Thread 12: Luffy said the n-word

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It just means Comrade don't put too much into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

How come comrades can use the n-word and we can't?

• Locked thread