Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
The writing could also use some help.

And I miss Ben Browder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

eriktown posted:

And I miss Ben Browder.

I miss Mia Kirshner.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

muscles like this? posted:

We really didn't need to see her giving Datak a handy.

Edit: Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of contest where a player character from the game was going to appear on the show?

Nah, just for a characters likeness to appear. The winner showed up on a wanted poster in the arch on the last episode of the first season.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Wow, what the poo poo is happening with Irisa?

Also the doc continues to be the best character.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

esperterra posted:

I miss Mia Kirshner.

This. She was the best part of S1.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

JohnnyCanuck posted:

This. She was the best part of S1.

Was she Kendra? I need to re-watch the finale, I think I forgot what happens with her.

Did she end up getting shot/dying? I want to say I vaguely remember that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Miss pardon my tits poisoned her.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

esperterra posted:

I miss Mia Kirshner.

I think she showed up in the season premiere. At the very least the zygomatic arch on the skull in the hellbug area seemed very familiar...

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

johntfs posted:

I think she showed up in the season premiere. At the very least the zygomatic arch on the skull in the hellbug area seemed very familiar...

That was definitely a Jenny Schecter shaped skull. RIP.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

That was a fantastic start to the season, definitely all set up but god drat I can't wait to see where it goes.

Welcome to the Stahma Own Zone. :smug:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Deakul posted:

Change the thread title to this please.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

WarLocke posted:

Change the thread title to this please.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
I just got done with the Season 2 mission in the game so I thought I would come report what plot lines they are hinting at through it.
Spoilered cause I'm a good guy.

Mission 1:had you hunt down a cure for a half-breed. You eventually find out that the Earth Military Coalition had engineered a virus to only effect Votans, and every time a cure was found they re-engineered it. Dark Matter is trying to basically bring it out to use it to start another Pale War. You stop them but who knows we might see an all Votan Plague hit Defiance at some point this season.

Mission 2:Stahma was in town trying to transport an item through Paradise using the services of Varus. Of course poo poo gets hijacked and you have to go hunt down the hijackers. They make a point to have Stahma use dialogue where she makes sure you know Datak overreached his bounds and spent up his usefulness, but that Alak has potential. Whatever the item is Alak is supposed to have it now.

Mission 3:Nolan comes through Paradise looking for Irisa. Your character gets a nice shot on him for betraying you in Season 1. After that Nolan has gotten word of Irathiants disappearing thats why he is in town. You find out the cult is involved and that they are looking for a male companion for the Devouring Mother(Irisa).

So there ya go thats basically the groundwork for Schtako hitting the fan at some point this season.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Deakul posted:

That was a fantastic start to the season, definitely all set up but god drat I can't wait to see where it goes.

hand breezy through the wall owned, don't give a gently caress doc yewll owns.

SoFarGone
Nov 2, 2011
Living well is the best revenge.
The writing was definitely the worst part of Season 1, but judging from the premier seems to have picked up a bit. I'm excited to see where this goes.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SoFarGone posted:

The writing was definitely the worst part of Season 1, but judging from the premier seems to have picked up a bit. I'm excited to see where this goes.

Yeah the episodes were pretty much hit and miss plus had sort of tough time keeping the season moving forward at a good pace.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

WastedJoker posted:

Posting with my eyes closed to avoid spoilers!

anyone know of a good season 1 recap?

Edit: Found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDT2tSp15I

I barely remember any of that though :colbert:

That recap is BULLSHIT! Watch this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkCDrh6Uizk

Scifi made a bunch of these, there's also:

Tourism on Earth
All My Votans
Irisa In Charge
Species of New Earth with Bryan Cox

All of these fuckers need to be in the OP.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

XboxPants posted:

That recap is BULLSHIT! Watch this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkCDrh6Uizk

Scifi made a bunch of these, there's also:

Tourism on Earth
All My Votans
Irisa In Charge
Species of New Earth with Bryan Cox

All of these fuckers need to be in the OP.

Yay not available in my country.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hola plugin

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Dr_Amazing posted:

Yay not available in my country.

They're also on the Defiance and Syfy's websites, as well as Hulu if any of that works:

http://www.defiance.com/en/series/news/all-the-ways-you-can-catch-up-on-season-1

http://www.syfy.com/videos/Defiance/vid:2781499

http://www.hulu.com/watch/645228

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
They got the Stahma bathing scene in rather early. Hope the show hasn't peaked too soon.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

WastedJoker posted:

They got the Stahma bathing scene in rather early. Hope the show hasn't peaked too soon.

That and a handy through the prison wall. Defiance is going... somewhere?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

IRQ posted:

That and a handy through the prison wall. Defiance is going... somewhere?

Assuming there's anything to those tick...tick...boom promos, Defiance is going to blow some poo poo up read good.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Just caught up on the premiere, RIP Punk Rock Castithan :cry:

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Anna Hopkins, the woman who plays "Berlin" on the show, sounds very familiar to me, but there's nothing she's been in on IMDB that I've watched (aside from the show). I think she seems familiar because she sounds like Erica Cerra somewhat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was pretty brutal. Although I'm sure she can probably replace it pretty easily.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Gonna need a screencap of Stahma getting up in Christie's face :stare:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"....driving around in that busted up roller with your hot Chewbacca"

:laugh:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

in the grim dark future there is still country music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joJxoLrbPqk

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

etalian posted:

in the grim dark future there is still country music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joJxoLrbPqk

Goddammit, that's a new song? I thought it was more old stuff like Johnny Cash back in the pilot :argh:

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

404GoonNotFound posted:

Goddammit, that's a new song? I thought it was more old stuff like Johnny Cash back in the pilot :argh:

Ah yes, classic Cash lines like "I hooked up with a Sensoth once, and that was quite alright.."

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's a relief that the cheesy music montages are finally back.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
The music tonight sounded like Dire Straights.

Also, I kind of liked Berlin's speech defending the E-rep. All that "Never tell me the odds 'cause you can't take the sky from me" bullshit is fine for legitimate badasses like Nolan, Irisa and the Arkhunters in the game, but it probably sucks hellbug balls to be a zero-level normal in that world.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

Gonna need a screencap of Stahma getting up in Christie's face :stare:
Is this what you were wanting?
:nws::nws:

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
I was kinda hoping they would drop the end musical sequences.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

johntfs posted:

The music tonight sounded like Dire Straights.

Also, I kind of liked Berlin's speech defending the E-rep. All that "Never tell me the odds 'cause you can't take the sky from me" bullshit is fine for legitimate badasses like Nolan, Irisa and the Arkhunters in the game, but it probably sucks hellbug balls to be a zero-level normal in that world.

Also she gets points for being pretty hubba hubba in the starship troopers uniform

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Jesus. This show is the first genuinely good science fiction show that's been on T.V. since Farscape went away. Why is this thread so devoid of life? Anyway, Berlin's speech about Nolan playing Star Wars was one of the best things to ever happen on the sy-fy channel. They've done a great job trimming the cheese this season.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I wouldn't call it the best show since Farscape, but I'm liking the show a lot better than I did in S1 so far. The writing in this episode was a cut above what we've seen before, IMO.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Yeah, that you're just Han Solo speech was pretty good. The E-rep are a bunch of jackboots, but I can totally see myself swallowing the company line.

Really feel bad for the indogene doctor though. She can't catch a break. Datak getting owned by the voyeur mayor was pretty good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I bet her fingers grow back. One, she's a genius doctor with alien technology, and two, she's got scales, so she probably grows poo poo back like a skink.

• Locked thread