Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Herein I have explained the operation of the sun.
Donald Birch

Donald rolls out of the plane, pistol in each hand and sunlight gleaming off his black shades. He wasn't planning on the doves, but it was a nice touch.

Now would be the time for a cool one-liner, something like 'stop right there alien scum!' Instead, all he saw were scientists and scientists in HAZMAT suits. And those guys in the business suits were probably part-time scientists too.

"Well, drat." Donald puts away his weapons before anyone gets the wrong impression. "You guys wake me up to go on a twelve hour plane ride and there aren't any aliens to bust? We better go to the beach or something after this. I could call a few people and-"

At that moment, a female in a lab coat approached the group and spoke with them. When there was a break in the introductions, Donald thrust his hand forward toward the doctor. "Donald Birch. And yes, I know what you're thinking. You may have my autograph later. And I really do work for ETCD."

Donald looks around for a moment. "Looks like you got a bit of a paparazzi problem. Need someone to take care of it? I think the investigation will go a bit smoother without all these gawkers crowding the place."

quote:

Concept: Disgraced Hollywood Star
Good Aspect: A Man of Many Personas
Fair Aspect: “I do all my own stunts”
Average Aspect: Always on the Guest List
Omega Aspect: Wine, Women, and Song

Skills
pre:
		Acting (+3)		Action (+2)		Banter (+1)
Superb (+5)     Provoke

Great (+4)	Athletics
		Contacts
                Deceive
		Empathy		
		Provoke
		Rapport

Good (+3)	          		Combat
                                        Physique

Fair (+2)				Vehicles
                                        Notice

Average (+1)							Will
Stunts

Trust Me, I've Played a Doctor: May use Deceive to substitute for a Science(Medicine) or Science(Biology) Create an Advantage check.

Glad you could join us.: +1 to Overcome with either Provoke or Rapport when pumping someone for information.

Free your mind.: +1 to Overcome or Defend using Athletics but only when unarmored and unencumbered.

Let's Kick some Ice!: Spend a Fate Point and choose any Action skill. You may use Provoke in place of that skill for the rest of the scene.

Duelies: Weapon: 2, +1 to Combat when Creating an Advantage when spraying bullets everywhere

Stress

Physical: [_] [_] {_}
Mental: [_] [_] {_} {_}

Staticpulse fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Donald

"I thought they were Greys?" Don quipped, seemingly misunderstanding what they were talking about. "And, er, newsletter? I thought that was just 'employee of the month' stuff, so I just threw it in the disposal bin."

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Donald

Everyone went to do their own thing without any hint of teamwork or cooperation. A gang without a leader, a pack without an alpha. Donald turns to Biff, Rin, and Sofia.

"Right, so..." Donald glances back at the fleeting forms of Uriel and Jason. "I guess they'll get the data for us. Is there anything left for us to do? I mean, other than hit on the Doctor." He jerks his thumb toward Dr. Abernathy.

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Donald

"Alright, that's... great." Donald doesn't even try to argue that they already had people tasked with extracting the data. That, perhaps, their efforts were best spent doing something else. What, exactly, Donald didn't know. He wasn't a rocket scientist or anything like that. "I'll... uh..." Donald pauses to sniff the air. A delicious aroma wafted to his nose. The sweet smell of...

Coffee.

"Oh, hey. After that twelve hour plane ride, I bet everyone is itching for a cup of joe. You guys get on that data and I'll grab us a few cups. Bet they have doughnuts around here too... I'll just grab a bit of everything and we can split it up later." With a clap of the hands, Donald was off to the break room.

Sliding in the coffee room, Donald found himself surrounded by gibbering analysts and scientists. "Ah, morning, morning! Everyone having a good morning?" Donald gives one of the analysts a light slap on the back. "Hey, yeah, I know what you're going to say, but I really am with ETCD and... oh! Is that Folgers?" Donald moves to the coffee maker, picking up the can of grounds as he does. "Smells great, but that's all I can say for it. Better than nothing, right?"

Putting in a new filter and filling the machine with coffee grounds, he flips it on. He turns around and rubs his hands together. "So... what's the haps?"

Attempting to discover the mystery aspect on the Visitor Center with Rapport.
Staticpulse, --++ +4 = 4

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Donald

"Yep." Donald takes a sip of his coffee. "That is certainly an earth-shattering kaboom."

The audio log wasn't very useful, but if the nerds wanted to argue over it he wasn't going to stop them. Before he could suggest to Biff that they catch up with the others, a familiar voice sounded off. It was the sweet, sweet sound of a Hollywood rear end in a top hat.

"Ah, hell. The women I work with now are all too smart to do coke in a public bathroom with me." Donald turned to face the suit, a cheesy grin on his face. He holds out a hand for a shake. "But nah, I'm not here to take anyone's job. I'm with ETCD, here to investigate the meteor wreck."

Donald took a quick look at Biff. "Biff here is one of the co-workers. Rocket scientist and not half-bad at karate either." He turns back to Mr. Hollywood. "So... shooting the new Bond movie here, I take it? And the leads are missing? Man, I would've thought they'd have sent in some doctors to see if they were alive or not." It would be a shame if the movie were delayed; he was so looking forward to Goldeneye! "Hey, my guys are in there right now, so we'll find them one way or another. I'll let you know what we turn up."

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Donald Birch

Rolling Empathy to overcome Deceive. Staticpulse, +/-+ +4 = 5

This guy was smooth, but Donald was smoother. Jonas played the part well, but he needed a few years of acting before he could pull a fast one. Also, Jonas? Who trusts a guy named Jonas right out of the gate? A damned fool, that's who.

"That's nice and all..." Donald removes Jonas' hand from his shoulder. "But, you said something interesting. The men on the recording here... you said they were taken to the Metropolitano? Hospital, right? In that case-" Donald lightly taps Biff on the shoulder. "-I think we should pay them a visit. They got out before the receiver fell, so they should be awake and willing to field questions."

An eyewitness account to the incident would be invaluable indeed. Who said you needed to be a nerd to be good at this job?

Donald gave Jonas a smirk as he pockets the business card. "I'll, ah, take your offer under advisement. Lots of people want to write my story; some already have. But, hey, like you said. Bound to be a lot of money on the official story... and its always about the money. Gotta shop around before talking shop. I'm sure you understand."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Donald Birch
FP: 5 -> 4

"Yeah, yeah, sure. My people will call your people."

His people were so not going to call his people. Curiously, Mr. Hollywood fled through a pantry of all things. The hell was in there, a pole to the bat cave? Curious, Donald went to inspect, but he noticed something out of the corner of his eye.

"The hell...?" That was the shiniest helicopter he ever saw. Curiously, no one else seemed to see it! It stuck out like a sore thumb with all that gold paint. What sort of Saturday cartoon villain owned that thing? To make matters worse, armed men were rappelling out of the copter with even more on their way to the dish... "Aww, poo poo."

Yeah, those guys at the dish were scientists, not armed men with assault rifles. Thinking quickly, Donald went back to the break room and unhooked the rather large and heavy coffee maker, despite the many protests of the over and under caffeinated. With a great heave, he threw the coffee maker at the window. The distinct sound of shattering glass reverberated through the area. Moments later, Donald Birch was hurling himself out the window, doing an impressive front-flip and landing square on his feet behind the soldiers lining up to flank his scientist buddies.

"I don't much like the look of them guns." Donald drew his own dual pistols. "How about you punks put them down before you hurt someone? Unless... yer feelin' lucky..." The distinct sound of two hammers cocking followed his words.

Using Acrobatics to create a DYNAMIC ENTRY! aspect.
Staticpulse: +4: -1 (4dF=0, +, -, -). Going to blow an FP to raise that up to a +5 in total using Donald's 'I do all my own Stunts' aspect.

• Locked thread