Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I've probably actually beaten only like 5% of the games I've played/owned

bonus confession: only series I've beaten every game I've played would be pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

when I wake up and feel the warmth of the sun on a cloudless day, I imagine the easy breeze of the wind under a cool and shaded tree. I listen to the birds chip and the quietness.

And then I play video games with the window open because who actually wants to go outside

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

sometimes i can't even work up the desire to install a steam game i bought.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Mung Dynasty posted:

semper games

fixed

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I thought Raiden was way cooler than Snake in MGS2

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I never played any Final Fantasy game. I never even played JRPGs.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I once had the genius idea to make the alarm on my phone the drowning music from sonic the hedgehog 2. I woke up filled with a sense of dread and almost pissed the bed because I thought I was drowning. I was twenty at the time. Changed that poo poo asap.

Never. Again.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Same but everything

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i always play the theme to freezekill from "tales in phantasia" i nmy head whenever its snowing

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

i haven't played any half life games yet

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Looke posted:

i haven't played any half life games yet

I'm not usually one to judge, but jesus christ man

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

surc posted:

I'm not usually one to judge, but jesus christ man

sorry

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
whenever a smash bros game is released and there's no geno from super mario rpg, i chuckle and say it's okay but inside i'm really heartbroken as if i had a crush on the cute office receptionist but then she says she's getting married to her boyfriend and i just shuffle my feet and play the new game halfheartedly

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Did you really just describe the literal plot to the hit series "the office" in lieu of a real life anecdote of your own?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i've never played deus ex for longer than five minutes because i get bored

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

pyrrho posted:

i've never played deus ex for longer than five minutes because i get bored

to be fair, liberty island is a pretty boring level.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

It's ok, I mainly just feel a great sadness on your behalf, it's pretty hard to be mad at a Cosby avatar anyway.

I... I bought AC:IV on the steam sale today. I won't be able to show my face in the didn't buy from thread :(
I just love the poo poo out of that game. The first time my ship crested a wave on the open ocean and my crew all broke out in song. :allears:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BrettRobb posted:

Did you really just describe the literal plot to the hit series "the office" in lieu of a real life anecdote of your own?

if he did that he'd get geno in the end and they'd have awkward poorly written drama between nervous laughter.

So basically he's living as sadder version of the office.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Willsun posted:

whenever a smash bros game is released and there's no geno from super mario rpg, i chuckle and say it's okay but inside i'm really heartbroken as if i had a crush on the cute office receptionist but then she says she's getting married to her boyfriend and i just shuffle my feet and play the new game halfheartedly

so every time a new smash bros game debuts, you hear this in your head?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ab8BOu4LE

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I just can't get into single player games. I play StarCraft 2 online and a little tribes. It is difficult for me to enjoy games unless I can crush another human being. I'll try fun single player games (dustforce) but it just doesn't feel the same.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I was legitimately bothered by all the people who trashed bio shock infinite (it was a bad game) but then went on to praise the last of us. I'm sorry but the last of us was garbage gameplay with a beaten horse story

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I have never owned a Playstation of any generation.

My first console was the original Xbox. In truth, stupid 11-year-old me was dying for the Gamecube. Then I started playing the disc with free games, and saw this.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

BrettRobb posted:

yo theres an episode of the office where the characters describe the literal plot to hit movies in lieu of confessional anecdotes of their own

this guy is on some next-level poo poo

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
until i can geno beam pacman, i'm jim

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
I cheated on GTA San Andreas PC to get past the mission where you control an RC chopper trying to bomb tanks and steal the opponent's poo poo.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

The last console I owned was Sega Megadrive (Genesis) from the 90's.

Actually, I still have it in a box along with some games, just without the second controller.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

RulerSmack posted:

I cheated on GTA San Andreas PC to get past the mission where you control an RC chopper trying to bomb tanks and steal the opponent's poo poo.

be glad that you did it on PC. imagine trying to do that poo poo on a fucknig PS2 controller, it's drat near impossible

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Buschmaki posted:

I thought Raiden was cool

drat son lol

i want a wii u

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
the only pokemon game I've ever played was pokemon snap on the n64. i never owned a handheld console as a kid, and it seems like pokemon is pretty much handheld only.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Yea which sucks because I never leave the house so I just play pc games instead of Pokemon

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
because of the zelda thread, a few more that are p. shameful:

before last night never played a zelda game.

only snes games ive ever played are Super Mario All Stars and the three Donkey Kong Countries. (so no final fantasies, chronoetriggers and other rpgs that i can think of)

only n64 game ive played is goldeneye.

never played a gamecube game or a wii game or a wiiu game.

never played fallout1,2, planescape torment or those kinds of games.

only dreamcast game i played was powerstone.

never finished gta3 (three hours played), vice city(ten but just loving around), san andreas (only ten minutes played) or IV (boring as heck)

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Video Viddy Games posted:

because of the zelda thread, a few more that are p. shameful:

before last night never played a zelda game.

only snes games ive ever played are Super Mario All Stars and the three Donkey Kong Countries. (so no final fantasies, chronoetriggers and other rpgs that i can think of)

only n64 game ive played is goldeneye.

never played a gamecube game or a wii game or a wiiu game.

never played fallout1,2, planescape torment or those kinds of games.

only dreamcast game i played was powerstone.

never finished gta3 (three hours played), vice city(ten but just loving around), san andreas (only ten minutes played) or IV (boring as heck)

this is quite the list, but you have confessed and that is the first step. Before you know it you will be posting about how todd howard ruined open world rpgs in the Morrowind thread and everyone will pat your back. you will gain a distinct respect for kuribo's shoe and all things like it. you will understand what can change a nature of a dude

welcum 2 imp zone

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
thank u i like it here in impzone.

but yeah, i never played diablo1 or 2 either.

my gaming growing up was p. much fpses like doom, quake, duke nukem, ROTT, blakestone, wolf3d and 2D platformers.

most other stuff passed by like dust on the wind

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have 2000 hours in dota 2 and its still fun

i think dota 2 is better than football

i think its a real sport

i watch competitive matches of dota 2

i spent over 6000 US dollars on dota stuff

i have 3 dota t shirts 2 hoodies a mouse pad 6 plushies a statue and 2 posters

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
ive never played dota1 or 2. what are they like?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

they are simulations in hating yourself and everyone else

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

don't play mobas.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I just can't get into single player games. I play StarCraft 2 online and a little tribes. It is difficult for me to enjoy games unless I can crush another human being. I'll try fun single player games (dustforce) but it just doesn't feel the same.

This is not something to be ashamed of. I am the same way. Years spent with no or terrible internet have left me with a murderous rage that only goes away when I kill real virtual people.

gently caress single player games.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
ty, i will steer clear of them and never install the wretched things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ty, i will steer clear of them and never install the wretched things

I will play d2 with you so that you may advance to a new form of life as pure energy

• Locked thread