Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Thread title is from the song "Royals", of course. Hope you enjoyed the timely pop culture reference. KC is going for eleven in a row right now; Anibal Sanchez is holding them at bay so far, but the Tigers bullpen looms...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Joe Nathan time :munch:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Please don't be Joe Nathan today.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Joe Nathan has achieved the first strikeout of the game for the Tigers. Somehow this is not in a 9-8 game.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
I guess the Royals offense had to come back to reality sometime.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I swear you guys do nothing but complain about Joe Nathan. I am unimpressed with how much he sucks today :colbert:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

What

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Or doesn't suck today? That made some sort of sense in my mind.

Oh well, it was a hell of a streak and I still can't believe it happened.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
this is going to end horribly for the angels, another case of terrible bullpen management by scioscia

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
At the very least, I get to enjoy the feeling of being in first place in June for just one more day.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
The Pirates can't go to Jason Grilli in the ninth today, can they? It is a bad idea.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Gorman Thomas posted:

this is going to end horribly for the angels, another case of terrible bullpen management by scioscia

lmao

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Swisher with a walk-off grand slam :holy:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Goddammit Grilli

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

ALFbrot posted:

The Pirates can't go to Jason Grilli in the ninth today, can they? It is a bad idea.

heh

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I can't loving believe they put him in

i can absolutely believe he loving hit a home run

gently caress you jason grilli

gently caress you clint hurdle

gently caress you Neal Huntington

gently caress you Bob Nutting

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
when will jeff locke lose it and start stabbing dudes

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
i can't wait to see Jason Grilli's chapter on this season is his next book about how great he is

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ALFbrot posted:

i can't wait to see Jason Grilli's chapter on this season is his next book about how great he is

Maybe he needs to go see how to train your dragon 2 so he can get another message from god

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
why do the fates conspire against us

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ALFbrot posted:

why do the fates conspire against us
Because we dared to beat God's chosen team in the playoffs with our passion and chanting of pitcher's names. For our arrogance we will be thrown into cheapskate oblivion once more :suicide:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I missed the Angels game today but it looks like it was basically the same as every other Angels loss this year so I guess I missed nothing at all.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
welp

edit: welp welp welp

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Chapman :swoon:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apparently not playing defense is part of the Diamondbacks' machismo agenda.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Is that what having a closer feels like?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Alright how are we gonna blow this opportunity here?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Why does Barmes suddenly own and really want to walk-off the Reds

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

achillesforever6 posted:

Is that what having a closer feels like?
It feels pretty good. Clint Barmes having four hits doesn't.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Hopefully Vance Worley is a better bunter than literally every single other player in this cockamamie organization

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
FOR GOD'S SAKE STOP BUNTING :mad:

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
lmao Jesus Christ

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

ALFbrot posted:

Hopefully Vance Worley is a better bunter than literally every single other player in this cockamamie organization

he is not

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
:bunt:, The Game

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
The Pirates aren't very good this year, are they? :(

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

The Pirates aren't very good this year, are they? :(

much like your posting

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

ALFbrot posted:

much like your posting