Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Wait, I thought he was talking about IN itself. I goofed, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Team Weak Kick and Strong Kick, aka Alice and Wriggle for 19.5

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It doesn't really stand out in IN proper because the same mechanics apply to all other Spellcards of the same ilk.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Now that's how you do a character upgrade.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Wish there was a Yukari-Ran combo where the Sukima just punts her shiki into the enemy or something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

But then you'll destroy their gimmick of never ever being remembered!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Team Fatal Frame of Hatate and Yuyuko for 3 points.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sanae being a bumbling dolt in regards to Gensokyo customs will never stop being funny.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Good to see you back!

Chapter was kind of 'eh' but I guess it serves as a nice cooldown after 40.

Also, team Spring Blossom of Lily White and Yuuka for 23.0 left.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It should be noted that Reisen's Trans-AM differs from the 00 Gundams' animation in one very important detail: The actual Gundams have their movement speed tripled so they leave behind afterimages when they move.

Reisen doesn't actually move that fast - she just generates illusions of her shooting things to simulate zipping around at top speed, and that's also why the number of lasers that actually show up on the target side is way smaller than the number she 'fires.'

It's a pretty neat detail.

Also, TEAM VAMPIRE ver. 2 of Remilia and Kurumi, leaving 39.0. (Why the heck is Kurumi a 2.0 cost) (And Blitz, I think you forgot to update the deployment list from the last stage)

Actually, never mind. Let's go with the teams that get us more dialogue. Scarlet Team for 38.5 left over.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 17, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I changed my vote after a bit of consideration. Cost should now be 32.5 left over.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

As an aside, (since the plot points for this wasn't how it went in IN canon) Reisen has some nerve to be treating Rabbit this way when she did the exact same thing herself.

Except, y'know, worse. Because she's a deserter. When there wasn't actually any fighting to run away from.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Touhou mostly come in varieties of 'selfish jerk' flavour anyway.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

One of the dumbest cases of this was the final boss of SRWZ3-2, where everyone had a pre-battle conversation with him, all of which boiled down to "I'm a god now!" "Shut up and die." or "Wanna join me in godhood?" "No, now die."

I did like Sanae's talk with Kaguya, as it seemed pretty apt.

And the addition of Rabbit really does make IN's plot even more of a beautiful mess.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Quote is not edit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tom and Jerry, meaning Chen and Nazrin, for 2.5

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It's pretty nice that they decided to approach adapting the SSiB plot from a completely different starting point than the books.

Also Okuu and Orin were pretty great this chapter.

Team Wan Shi Tong, of Keine and Mystia, leaving 12.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well I cracked and started another run of FMWI myself. It's such an improvement over FMWE and P it's ridiculous.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

A little late on this, but I wanted to say that I find it odd this game has Yukari and Satori meeting face-to-face for diplomatic meetings concerning the Underworld. You'd think someone like Yukari would be extra-wary of showing up in from of a mind reader.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sunny and Flandre, leaving 11.5

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

My favourite detail about the launch is that they read that rockets from the outside world are launched from atop a 'red line' because it takes less energy to break orbit, and so they improvise by rolling out a red carpet to launch their own rocket from.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sunny tanking a hit from Amaterasu is still the highlight of the entire SSiB arc.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm still annoyed that they didn't go with an interpretation of Reimu's Yin-yang Orbs being used as Funnels or Bits.

I mean, that's basically how she uses them in her IN Last Word.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There's one last step in Yukari's grand plan that only gets shown on in CiLR:

Yukari invites Eirin to the 'beach' party at the end of SSiB and serves her the Lunarian sake, which Eirin recognizes immediately. Eirin is baffled because by all accounts both Remilia and Yukari were sent packing immediately and had no opportunity to grab anything like that. The narration then says that since Eirin and Kaguya had chosen to live 'as humans' in Gensoukyou, Yukari felt she needed to teach them to be wary and cautious of Youkai, because after all that's the role of humans who dwell in there.

Meanwhile FMW just has Eirin, Yuyuko and Yukari start warming up to each other and becoming buddies after Eirin makes clear her decision to stay on Earth.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Let's Play Fantasy Maiden Wars I - Praise the Sun

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Team AMERICA of Eirin and Lily White for 29 left.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think I might actually like it better if Parsee really did swear like a drunken sailor.

Team Friendly Fire Incident of Chen and FA Nitori for 36.0.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also, I remember when FMW3 first released, and there were lots of complaints of Parsee oneshotting everyone and people unable to figure out what was going on.

Fun times.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Thanks for reducing Satori to a midboss, game. :negative:

And at least Orin is nowhere as bad as she was in Subterranean Animism.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Parsee being the cranky jealous girlfriend is strangely compelling.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

drat if the visuals and music for the final stage isn't fantastic.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I never noticed Parsee blushing in that one mugshot. That's weird as heck.

Thanks for all the hard work on the LP, BlitzBlast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I love the sprite Tenshi has for taking damage.

Also Meeko is pretty bad at this whole 'evil plan' thing. "All of them hate me for almost making Utsuho blow herself up. I bet if I make her blow up FOR REAL this time everyone will see that I'm right."

• Locked thread