Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
So when are you going to start that other thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Meiling 5.5

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
むしろ咲その偽物も耶女の子、私は妻の咲夜に投票します

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Sakuya for 10.5

e: as an aside, I found myself bringing along Aya a fair bit since I always brought along Momiji (because she's amazing) and Sanae (because she's cool and become amazing) because it felt right, but she is definitely not particularly amazing.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

BlitzBlast posted:

One more Rabies Bite from Momiji (whose finisher theme I only just learned was based off the GunXSword OP)

I'm telling you man, you really need to watch it.

Anyway, Sakuya for 11.5

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Settings and Extra Story.txt posted:

When Byakuren was sealed away, she was completely focused on carrying out her duties as Bishamonten.
She kept the fact that she was a youkai a secret from humans.
She had her regrets about this, but it would have been self-destructive to reveal her true identity.

It's played up a bit for drama, but it's a perfectly valid depiction.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
People may or may not be interested, but I'm going to be streaming Genius of Sappheiros here in about an hour. It's based off of the SaGa RPGs, and is pretty good, but I'm too lazy to SSLP it hence the stream. We're on the 4th level (the Palace of Earth Spirits) which is where the game gets serious.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I find it a travesty of justice people would vote in Hina but not the Aki's. The Aki's actually got amusing dialogue and stuff, and they had some interesting stuff to say about the seasons.

Ask not of others what you cannot do yourself.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Hijacking Blitz's thread again to mention I'm streaming GoS again in 15m.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Mors Rattus posted:

So, if I understand that right, Yuyuko is herself the suicide beneath the cherry tree, and was trying to resurrect herself for a chat?

Yeah, the grand irony of Yuyuko's plot was that she committed suicide in real life, found life as a ghost way better for her, forgot everything that happened, and then nearly committed unsuicide out of a vague sense nostalgia for her own forgotten corpse. It's one of the more tragic backstories among Touhou characters (though it does have a few contenders).

e: also, I feel I should mention that the presentation for the last chapter is really cool. It's a small thing, but having the Saigyou Ayakashi wither away as Yukari retells her meeting with Yuyuko feels really cool when you actually play it.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Continuing to utilize Blitz's thread because I know some (most?) people won't see it otherwise: streaming more Genius of Sappheiros, we're at Youkai Mountain now.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Streaming more Genius of Sappheiros in about 90 minutes from now.

One of these days I'll get twitter or something to announce this poo poo, but today is not that day.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Most of the canon pairings have a team name, as well as some of FMW's added friendships (like Sakuya and Komachi is Unlikely Friends or something like that IIRC). Aside from that, there are a few random joke team names, like if you pair up Luna and Lunasa you get Silent Moon. Dai in particular is nuts with this, because pairing her up with like half the cast results in PreCure jokes, like Dai/Sanae is Cure Miracle, Dai/Mystia is Cure Chorus, Dai/Rumia is Cure Darkness, Dai/Star is Cure Sapphire, and so on.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Glazius posted:

Ah, I like how this is picking up hints from SRW. You can always get team attacks with units in proximity, right? They don't have to be in a unit together?

If by "team attacks" you meant combo attacks like Malice Cannon, and "proximity" you mean "within 1 tile, diagonals included" then yeah. Otherwise no.

Ardeem posted:

Man, I've just thought of a great team for next round Nameless Midbosses Daiyousei and Koakuma. But it'll probably just be another Precure.

Their team name is Big Little. I'll let you figure out the joke yourself.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
More GoS streaming is happening in an hour.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Streaming more GoS here in half an hour, we'll probably hit the final boss this stream if you're at all interested in that.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Took 12 hours to beat the final boss, spent the entire weekend jonesing to get into the expansion anyway. Streaming GoS LSH in an hour. This time without 4 hour grinding sessions! probably

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Hey, you know that thing I do? I'm doing it again in 90 minutes.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Blitz said he would have an update up by now so that I wouldn't need to triple post, but here we are. At the very least I guess I'm helping him keep updates on new pages I guess?

Anyway, more GoS in ~75m.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
More GoS in about 20 minutes twitch.tv/golden_battler

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Behold, more GoS in an hour.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
The return of doubleposting of streams, this time with a twist: we're probably beating GoS's expansion in 20 minutes.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Well Blitz is probably dead for the summer, so expect to see my quintuple posting about streams.

Speaking of, I'm playing that Ys-ish fangame called Koukishin in about an hour.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Playing more of that Ys-ish fangame in about 20 minutes.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Gunna polish off Touhou Ys in about an hour, then maybe play some other crap.

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 22, 2015

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
39M is seriously so much better than 39R it's ridiculous. 39R is just like "gently caress you mom give me my new clothes", where-as 39M is this really elaborate character developing chapter. There's the whole question of motivations, her getting shot down, that whole flashback sequence, and the Battle Mastery basically being "yo go check out how loving cool Marisa is now", with the awesome conversations preceding each attack.

Also, it's not clear from the screenshots, but you can't actually use Blazing Star in 39M proper - they save it just for that story attack. And then they do the fade to white with the Stage Clear... god drat it's such a cool chapter :swoon:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Last stream I wound up starting Devil of Decline, the sequel to Genius of Sappheiros. In about 30 minutes, I'm gunna stream more of it.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Sindai posted:

Oh I didn't expect you to, I'd just rather you stuck with the new levels going forward and your last post made it sound like you weren't. Maybe I misunderstood.

Nah, I think the plan is to keep the audio levels the same as ever, if only to avoid having several different tracks be at different volumes. My personal strategy is to just lower my volume by 50-70% while I'm waiting for the page to load.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Devil of Decline in about 10 minutes.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
More DoD in 30m.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Well, even if my hard drive died and I lost all my saves (and like everything else) the show must go on.

Devil of Decline in an hour or so.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I am sad I've been busy the past couple of days, not only did I not stream on Monday, but I also missed apparently the worst Touhou thing ever on Ryza's stream? And then Blitz beat me to sperging about how awesome Zeuth VS Zeuth is, particularly FMW3's version of it.

Oh well, I'm probably going to beat DoD here in about 30 minutes if that's your thing.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Hey.

You know that thing I do?

I'm doing more of it in 20 minutes.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
We interrupt this discussion on plot to bring you more DoD.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Hello friends, it has been a while due to EVO weekend, but now since esports is done, we can probably beat Devil of Decline's expansion in an hour.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
hey, hi, its me again

You know that Tenshi action game Lionheart made? I'm playing it in an hour.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
accursed duck, denied our goal of a page full of stream posts

I think blitz mentioned at some point that he'd be able to work on the LP more soon-ish, though I dunno if he's actually following through on that promise that he only mentioned in private and that I am now divulging. So there's that for breaking news.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Fair enough, I guess I was just lying or something, I do tend to do that.

I guess to maybe get some discussion going, I'll pose a question: what cross-game interactions in FMW so far have you guys liked? They don't make a big deal out of it, but I really like that Yuuka and Yukari are super old acquaintances that vaguely get along but don't really like each other.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Well, I achieved my goal of getting people to talk about other things, so now my karma is balanced.

With that out of the way, let's stream some more stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I will have my revenge :argh:

• Locked thread