Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I always knew you were gonna crack on your hard-rear end "I'll only LP this once a fan-translation comes out" stance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm way down the rabbit hole and have no idea what the joke is, other than that Touhou fans are really creepy.

Also good job on setting the expectations low early on, people will now be impressed every time you update on time. Good strategy.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Clarste posted:

Then again, irreverent conversations are very Touhou,

It's the difference between a couple snappy lines across seven stages in a shmup and then bloating that text into a full-blown SRPG. At this point I just skip most of the dialogue just feels like it's there to pad the word count, hell in FMW E I am pretty sure every single line of Touhou 6 shows up.

I imagine someone who didn't play the shmups wouldn't feel like it's just a really elongated retelling though.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Hahaha, really? I'm just bringing Sunny? What is she even supposed to do by herself.

Also Reimu is totally going to solo 22 Lunatic.

That's literally the only part of the LP I cared to hear.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Then she sends Reimu to... wherever Suika is when she's dispersed as mist, I dunno. The two chat, and Reimu is relieved to hear that her intuition wasn't wrong when it suspected the mist. They have a pretty rad pre-fight convo I wish FMW2 kept.

Considering Suika is the mist, Suika's location would be "everywhere". In Yuyuko's route she just tells Yukari to put a boundary on the mist, then shrink the boundary, and that's why the protagonist can fight her. So if anything, Yukari sends Suika to where Reimu is.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Oh hey I'm time to vote.

Meiling, leaving us at 9.0

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Clarste posted:

Fun Fact: It's actually canon that Reimu can trivially break any seal.

Also, Meiling for 11.0

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

PoFV is the kinda game you could cram into a single mission if you get a bit creative, much like IaMP in this game.

Also maybe PoDD's dimension-hopping machine might be easier to tie into the whole UFO plot with entering makai or something, who knows.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

People take Yuyuko's "being here is the same as being dead" way too literally. Pretty sure that was just her taunting Reimu, Fist of the North Star "you're already dead" style.

Nevermind that Reimu broke the Netherworld border anyway and I'm not sure Yukari ever got around to fixing it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

In the original bullet hell games resurrecting herself would've also been a death sentence because in those games the Saigyou Ayakashi also has death-dealing powers and would've just killed a resurrected Yuyuko immediately after getting unsealed, only this time Yuyuko would eventually fade like all ghosts do because it turns out the only reason she never fades is because she's the seal on the tree herself.

But then it seems like this game kinda switches things around and now the Saigyou Ayakashi is just a normal tree that serves as a seal on Yuyuko? I don't know, she probably would've been more successful here if it weren't for incident-resolving intervention.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Murasa (her first name is Minamitsu but people call her Murasa because it's shorter)

It doesn't help that her theme name is Captain Murasa, either.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Edit: Well gently caress, I blame Ryza for this.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Ryza told me to vote Team Patchouli and FA Nitori so here I am. 22.0

a cartoon duck fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 8, 2015

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

As a complete sidenote, Touhou-A-Live got pretty loving bad in its version of the Knight's chapter.

I am unironically mad at a video game.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm not sreaming, i'm just postin to break up the streaming posts

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I made Battler feel self-conscious with my post so I'm announcing his currently-airing stream instead: http://www.twitch.tv/golden_battler

He's streaming DynaMarisa, a game based on the Earth Defense Force franchise based on shooting giant insects and making physics bug out.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The soku stream was a roaring success and I can't wait for its next iteration.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Golden Battler posted:

Yep. That's pretty much it. I'll take a quick sidenote here to mention that Yorihime isn't nearly as much of a hardass as she is in FMW. She's still a bit on the serious side, but she has plenty of soft moments like this, and has a few smug/boastful moments too.

The Watatsukis are also pretty fond of humans, too. Their chapter of CiLR is about some human getting spirited away to the moon forever ago when Eirin was still around there, and the sisters hiding him because the Lunarians would basically kill because of the whole impurity thing, so they keep him like a guest or even a pet. Until he says he wants to go home anyway, at which point they just come fretting to Eirin who simply suggests killing him much to the chagrin of the sisters, but then helps them out anyway and comes up with a plan about tricking the human into thinking he's in the Ocean Dragon Palace and not the moon, sends him like three hundred years into earth's future so none of his friends and family are alive to believe him, and then gives him some medicine that'll turn him into an old guy (and reduces his life expectancy to less than a year) so other humans will think he's a wise old sage instead a young, crazy loon.

I kinda get the impression FWM Yorihime would have less compunctions about killing a human.

Unrelated to that Mokou's chapter is pretty much the only one unrelated to the events of SSiB if only because she wasn't around for them. Also it features her killing a dude in cold blood pre-immortality just because she hated Kaguya that much.

Golden Battler posted:

Reimu isn't very motivated since she rightfully points out that they're technically the ones causing an Incident here, but decides to pull a trick out of her sleeve anyway.

Also Aki Eda, the artist of SSiB, is good and you should all check out her non-Touhou body of work.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I mean obviously they're more or less frienemies in the present day but wasn't Mokou pretty mad at Kaguya pre-immortality? The whole (im)mortal enemies thing had to start somewhere.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I appreciate your use of the special soku finisher theme there. Also, Meiling/Sakuya, 34.5

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Luna, 1.0, and there goes the count.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I can't wait to see the final boss of the Fantasy Maiden Wars franchise, Taisui Xingjun.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The best part about Sheepu The Hedgehog is that literally the day before the FMW4 demo came out, the Touhou 14 demo with Doremy Sweet and her dream powers came out. She was old and passe even before her debut.

Also, nice work on the LP, Blitz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Ryza posted:

Just won't feel right if I don't throw one last stream post in here.

More FMW3 in about 30 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/ryza01

Lullaby of a deserted Stream Hell.

• Locked thread