Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Not sure if there's much you can do about it now, but I was rereading FMW2 in the archive and noticed that the battle portion of 20R (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3644693&pagenumber=4&perpage=40#post437216223 ) wasn't included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Hokuto posted:

Thank you, GodofDiscord!

There's got to be an "Abandoned Stream Hell" joke in here somewhere right?

Let's Play Fantasy Maiden Wars I - Remains of the Streaming Hell

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

A+++ translation work

i always read the summary and the full thing, it's very appreciated

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, I am really mad that even in a chapter where she was force-deployed Suika didn't get an upgrade or anything. She's a Final Boss for God's sake, and technically a player character kind of. She deserves more than a single spell card. :argh:

Suika has the best spells, too

maybe 4 will throw her a bone?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

That last chapter or 2 really made up for how brisk some of the rest of the game seemed like
Certainly better than the exposition dump last chapter in 2, too

Smoldering Ash is a Last Remote remix, right? Pretty good choice

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Komachi's buff will be she that gets replaced by Eiki. :v:

FMW4 has to cover at bare minimum the plots of 9 and 12, the wrap-ups of the arcs featuring characters from 2, 4, 5, and 11, and whatever random sidestories they want to fit in (10.5, Inaba/Inaba, etc). And since Marisa and Alice are crucial characters for the wrap-ups of 2 and 5, Reimu and Sanae will probably get their own plot beats too. Throw in the obligatory original story and the fact the game will probably only have around 25 chapters total and you get a ridiculously packed finale.

Most of the bosses of 12 and 9 are already on the player's side, so they might be able to streamline their adaptions a bit? It'd kind of suck if we never got to fight Byakuren though.

We know from datamining the demo that Sanae and Alice are getting upgrades by the way (Sanae gets the Assault/Buster packs UFO Suwako/Kanako shot types and Alice obviously gets the Grimoire), so I'm really hoping Reimu and Marisa get one last upgrade. I just want to hear arranges of Spring Lane and Magus Night, is that so wrong? :negative:

I wonder how a Byakuren fight would be justified

In UFO it was Reimu/Marisa/Sanae going "whoa hey now wait a minute what's this about yokai being under humans ummmm" which kind of falls flat in this setting. Also Shou already stated why she was sealed away back in 2 and the entire cast is actively helping them beyond Nue & Kogasa.
i guess they could still just fight because it'd be a welcome to gensokyo but that would be kind of lame for someone who had 2.5 games of build up

9's plot was kind of aimless by design, so they'll probably focus on Yuuka and friends until the Eiki fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Original The Touhou's design could honestly fit in pretty well. Could have been worse!

Also thanks all of you for the mega-lp, it was cool to see it progress from almost being left behind to cracking the game and blitzing through the rest.

• Locked thread