Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OvermanXAN
Nov 14, 2014
Wow, how did I miss this for so long, I love touhou and I've been interested in FMW as a huge SRW fan myself.

Oh well at least I get to get in on FMW I, and comment a bit. So hey.

PCB is probably my favorite touhou game, despite the nonsense dialogue and weirdness. I just like all the characters in it, what can I say. Yuyuko's backstory is good, and she's just so great in every subsequent appearance that even if she didn't have that going for her she'd still be amazing :allears:. Youmu is legitimately one of the nicest people in Gensokyo and has to put up with Yuyuko's whims, which generally leads to amusement. Chen, Ran, and Yukari are generally quite fun. And Alice is... well, we've been seeing her for both these games now, what do I need to say about her? She and Marisa are amazing together and they're great in IN, which we'll be getting to soon. PCB also has most of my favorite Danmaku patterns, and Youmu has one of the few stage 5 gimmicks I don't find incredibly annoying to deal with. And it has most of my favorite music, though the instrumentation in it is a bit... overly heavy on synth brass. Fortunately the remixes in this didn't suffer from that.

Even better, we're moving on to SA, which is also one of my favorites, and getting to do stuff with the UFO cast, who I have an great fondness for. Are we going to have UFO's amazingly bloodthirsty Sanae being portrayed? Because that is possibly one of the most hilarious things in Touhou, even if... poor Kogasa. Poor, poor Kogasa. ... Anyhow.

Also, I see we're going to be fighting Keine, which is going to be... interesting, given how she was kinda the only party member in this who actually seemed to care about dealing with the incidents for reasons related to their consequences, rather than just the fact that they're occurring at all. How will our party of slackers and sociopaths deal with not having her around? Will Suika provide everyone with delicious sake? Can Kurumi ever receive a bar of upgrades and become the magical girl we all deserve? Will the thread stop voting for Fairy hegemony? Will we get new remixes of themes? Will we finally find out what's going on with Marisa's dreams? I suppose we'll find out all these answers and more next time BlitzBlast posts! (Or several next times after that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread